PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detailing Products

Pages : 1 [2]

Becciasm
04-13-2014, 03:52 PM
Guys…BobbyG…thx so much for the quick response..this is great. Ive been a Pop Warner youth football coach since 1998…I needed a new hobby so I purchased a new Boxster S..its lots of fun…just one more question please. When do I use the quick detailer vs. the spray wax…or does it matter, possibly a personal preference?

Most may say personal preference, or use a waterless wash + lsp product

A QD is used for light, and I'm talking light- immediate bird bombs, light dust, light insect carnage- cleaning between washes

Spray wax is just that, a light wax booster for your LSP between washes or to help dry your vehicle after a wash.

Some of us carry a small kit with quality microfibers and an array of small bottles with the essentials- QD, spray wax, glass cleaner, interior cleaner, etc... :)

Sent from my VS840 4G using AG Online

nubaseal
04-14-2014, 07:29 AM
A quick Detailer is different from a spray wax. A quick Detailer would be like Sonax BSD or Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray....my 2 favorites. There are many other brands of QD's you may prefer. This is used more for removing very light dust. It also can be used for a quick shine too. They are not spray waxes. Confusing, huh?

A spray wax is more of an extra quick coat of protection. This is usually put on when the car has been cleaned and a final step.

It can be a QD to many, however, a Quick Detailer would be a better choice.

I have both a QD and a spray wax. I like Optimum Spray Wax.....that one is awesome!!

:buffing:

BSD is a spray sealant and one of the best out there. It is useless to use as a cleaning QD.

CoachSteve
05-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Guys, I appreciate the help. Today I washed, cleaned my wheels with Sonax, clayed, polished, and put paint sealant on my new car, it looks great. Used mostly Wolfgang products. I need one more, I can't get the water spots off my the cars glass. What product(s) should I use? Thanks for the suggestions.

swanicyouth
05-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Guys, I appreciate the help. Today I washed, cleaned my wheels with Sonax, clayed, polished, and put paint sealant on my new car, it looks great. Used mostly Wolfgang products. I need one more, I can't get the water spots off my the cars glass. What product(s) should I use? Thanks for the suggestions.

Most water spots that aren't too bad can be removed with an AIO or a cleaner wax by hand using a foam or MF pad. The benefit of using an AIO is you remove the spots - and leave some protection on the glass in one step. Worse spots may require machine polishing or compounding.

There are also specific "spray & wipe" type products that may be acidic designed for water spots - like Duragloss Water Spot Remover or the new CarPro stuff. My experience with the Duragloss stuff tells me it works well on fresh water spots. It also removes your wax.

Worse case scenario is the glass is etched or the water spots are extremely stubborn, the you may end up using CeriGlass.

Please don't use steel wool, cleanser, Scotch Brite pads, or razor blades on your glass. I've been on AG a while and have seen so many people post they have scratched their glass using some non-detailing specific abrasive product on glass.