PDA

View Full Version : XMT Glaze Question

Pages : [1] 2

Mike T
06-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Will this remove layers of wax and sealant? I'm looking for somthing that will hide the slight spiderwebbing that is occuring from everyday care and I just did a full detail a month ago. So i'm not looking to spend endless time polishing again. Just somthing I can use to hide them for awhile. I do a quick detail weekly for up keep.

joe.p
06-05-2006, 05:20 PM
You need to put the glaze under your sealant/wax.
If you apply a glaze over your sealant you might have some bonding issues along with durability problems..

ScottB
06-05-2006, 05:27 PM
from what I have been told, XMT Glaze has some light abrasive qualities as well as fillers, so it could remove some/all wax.

most carnuaba waxes have some filling ability, maybe try a coat of Nattys or Nattys Blue instead.

Mike T
06-05-2006, 06:25 PM
I figured it would remove previous layers. I think I'm looking for a solution that doesn't exist. I love having a black car, but trying to maintain the finish is making me grey. The cobwebbing is my kryptonite.

ScottB
06-05-2006, 06:30 PM
I figured it would remove previous layers. I think I'm looking for a solution that doesn't exist. I love having a black car, but trying to maintain the finish is making me grey. The cobwebbing is my kryptonite.

Slow/Stop Swirls

1. Presoak with Foam Gun
2. Wash with Sheepskin Mitt
3. Wash/Polish/Wax in straight lines as wind would cross the finish
4. Blow Dry
5. Use Qd'er as lubrication on damp surface to glide drying towel versus rubbing
6. Qd'ers Quikshine or Fk425 Weekly to gloss surface making any small swirls less noticable.

Neothin
06-05-2006, 09:36 PM
the foam gun is going to be your best friend here. search for the thread where i said how I washed w/ my gun, and use that as a guideline. I don't QD except after washing. I don't use WW's anymore, i've switched to a 265 mph electric blower to dry. don't touch your paint unnecessarily.

these are all guidelines your going to have to follow if you want to keep a perfect swirl free finish.

Surfer
06-05-2006, 09:44 PM
i've switched to a 265 mph electric blower to dry
Glad to see I'm not the only one that does that lol. Except I don't do it to dry quicker (just happens to do so lol), just makes it easier to get the water out of nooks and crannies on my suv like around the window trim where water just loves to sit and then drip. I've gotten some funny looks from neighbors and especially landscapers. That's the best, when landscapers are around and their looking at me with a confused look on their face when I have the electric blower out:D

abrcrombe
06-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one that does that lol. Except I don't do it to dry quicker (just happens to do so lol), just makes it easier to get the water out of nooks and crannies on my suv like around the window trim where water just loves to sit and then drip. I've gotten some funny looks from neighbors and especially landscapers. That's the best, when landscapers are around and their looking at me with a confused look on their face when I have the electric blower out:D

LOL! The looks people give you while washing cars is priceless. They just don't understand...

Neothin
06-05-2006, 09:58 PM
i especially like the looks I get at the end of wash when I completely drench the car witht he remaining soap solution in the gun. you can't tell the tC is blue lol. and then the foam drains down to the street.... it looks like the driveway is covered in snow!

abrcrombe
06-05-2006, 10:43 PM
HAHA, do you have the half gallon or the quart foam gun? Does it last the whole wash or do you need to fill it up again? I'm confused on the actual differences between the two. Which one is enough to last the entire wash?

Neothin
06-05-2006, 11:27 PM
with the way I wash, i go through about 3/4 of a gallon per wash. most people will get by with alot less than i do though.

abrcrombe
06-05-2006, 11:30 PM
so you put a mixture of car wash soap and water into the bottle? Or just the soap?

Mike T
06-06-2006, 07:58 AM
Well if I want to wash my car I have to go to somebody's house. We're not aloud to wash cars in the development were I live. If I clean my car I use PB's Waterless wash. I try to wash my car at my parents or in laws house, but I don't want to mess with their hose setup's. That's the only thing stopping my from getting a foam gun. I'm not instilling swirls I just notice light webbing in areas.
I always follow up my washes with a coat of wax or wax booster so that helps.

abrcrombe
06-06-2006, 10:58 AM
That's dumb. Why can't you wash your own car?? Isn't the foam gun just an attachment for the end of the hose? So you wouldn't be messing with their hose system really.. you would just be using your own nozzle.

Neothin
06-06-2006, 11:20 AM
i do a mixture of soap and water in the gun. It's about 5-6 ounces per gallon of solution.