PDA

View Full Version : Horrible wash mitt

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

BlackHawk
03-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Ok so today here in IL it just so happened to be a rather nice day and I decided to wash my eclipse. I have been waiting for a chance to use my Chemical Guys Premium Extra Thick Wash Mitt. I knew ahead of time that some ppl do not like them be since some have experienced marring. But I decided to give it a shot nonetheless.

Here is where things went downhill. I used the wash mitt with the CG citrus wash n clear. I went in straight lines and rinsed after every panel going from top o bottom. Right after rinsing, my hear sank. My baby was COVERED in micro scratches and marred like hell. All defects were in straight lines, just like I washed!

I was furious. I had corrected my paint around 4 weeks ago after spending 12 hours, and I ruined it in 1 hour. Not only did I waist money on a wash mitt NOT made properly, but I had to spend 5 hours re-polishing my car with m205 and a white pad.:buffing: I'm exhausted and frustrated beyond belief. I might be able to upload a couple photos later of the aftermath of the wash.

In the end though I strongly suggest to everyone who has that prticular wash mitt or was thinking on buying it, DON'T USE IT!!!! :nomore:Trust me it WILL marr your paint, this is coming from someone who owns a black car that shows all imperfections!

On a side note, what is the softest wash mitt out in the market? I'm eager to know :D

Dimetera413
03-28-2013, 06:40 PM
I get the microfiber chenille blue wash mitts from Advanced Auto Parts and they are great. 5 bucks each I think. AGs premium wash mitts are all great though, too.

psynx
03-28-2013, 06:43 PM
your talking about that bright green one with the little dread locks?
yea its not a great mitt, i have it as well and now use it for wheels and crap.
i just ordered the dodo wookie fist. and i also heard great things about carpros wash mitt

BlackHawk
03-28-2013, 06:47 PM
your talking about that bright green one with the little dread locks?
yea its not a great mitt, i have it as well and now use it for wheels and crap.
i just ordered the dodo wookie fist. and i also heard great things about carpros wash mitt

no its actually one thats like fake sheepskin. Yea i need a wash mitt that wont scratch my soft paint :/

Audi X2
03-28-2013, 07:01 PM
no its actually one thats like fake sheepskin. Yea i need a wash mitt that wont scratch my soft paint :/

I promise you if you purchase the Car Pro Merino Wool mitt you will agree that it is never going to leave your arsenal!
It is awesome :xyxthumbs:

BlackHawk
03-28-2013, 07:02 PM
I promise you if you purchase the Car Pro Merino Wool mitt you will agree that it is never going to leave your arsenal!

Thanks ill for sure look into that!

AutowerxDetailing
03-28-2013, 07:06 PM

:iagree:

I'm planning on upgrading all my wash media to the CarPro mitts and only use the microfiber mitts for rocker panels and wheels.

Audi X2
03-28-2013, 07:08 PM
:iagree:

I'm planning on upgrading all my wash media to the CarPro mitts and only use the microfiber mitts for rocker panels and wheels.

Nicholas that is exactly how I do it. Car Pro wool mitt for the main areas and the microfiber mitts for the lower.

jlax2485
03-28-2013, 07:11 PM
I really like the AG micro-chenille wash mitts. you can normally get them on BOGO and they are super soft. No marring on my soft subaru paint:xyxthumbs:

vegas911gts
03-28-2013, 07:14 PM
I had that mitt before. Yeah it's terrible. I now use a carpro mitt. It's so much better.

BlackHawk
03-28-2013, 07:16 PM
I had that mitt before. Yeah it's terrible. I now use a carpro mitt. It's so much better.

Yea it was a dumb move of me to use it. I should have used something else :/

vegas911gts
03-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Yea it was a dumb move of me to use it. I should have used something else :/

I've been through the same thing. Had to polish the car over again because I used that mitt. I also used the green worm one too. Now I just use the carpro mitt and I doubt I'll have scratches from the mitt.

RedXray
03-28-2013, 07:30 PM

+1 :xyxthumbs:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc195/RedXray/Car-Pro-Mitt.jpg

Skimmer0220
03-28-2013, 07:34 PM
+1 :xyxthumbs:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc195/RedXray/Car-Pro-Mitt.jpg

Just got mine today and its super soft!

Sent from space through a satellite

mjd91
03-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Another vote for the CarPro one pictures above. Works great every time!