PDA

View Full Version : My neighbor yelled at me for washing my cars too often.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

arack
05-25-2012, 02:57 PM
I live in a middle class suburb in Pittsburgh. My neighbor approached me today as I was washing my car. He proceeded to tell me that I was using 180 gallons of water each time I washed my car.

He told me that he was going to videotape me and submit it to the Pennsylvania department of environmental resources. He wants them to fine me. I explained to him that I use the two bucket method and only hose off to wet the car and rinse it. The hose is not running all the time. I do not use 180 gallons in a month washing my car. It is also a free country, so I can wash it daily if I want to.

He told me that I was a neo Fascist idol worshipper and walked away mumbling.

So if you see a video of a guy washing a dark gray Acura TL on the news, that is me.

Dr Oldz
05-25-2012, 03:02 PM
No laws here in Pa against washing a personal vehicle unless a local municipality has a water restriction ban on.

maximus20895
05-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Don't you pay for water? That's what I thought. Why is he complaining.

Report him for complaining to much.

Flash Gordon
05-25-2012, 03:05 PM
I've had to deal with my share of kooky neighbors. Sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire. Video tape him if he video tapes you and tell him your going to have him arrested for harrasment/stalking

I try to be green whenever I can, but some of these nutjob treehuggers take it to far. Most times they're the ones living in 10k sq ft houses and drive SUV's to boot

This is what I would do :)

Mike Phillips
05-25-2012, 03:07 PM
My neighbor approached me today as I was washing my car. He proceeded to tell me that I was using 180 gallons of water each time I washed my car.

He told me that he was going to videotape me and submit it to the Pennsylvania department of environmental resources. He wants them to fine me.

He told me that I was a neo Fascist idol worshipper and walked away mumbling.

Incredible.

The Green Police, coming to a neighborhood near you...

:dunno:

arack
05-25-2012, 03:09 PM
No laws here in Pa against washing a personal vehicle unless a local municipality has a water restriction ban on.

You are correct. I live near Pittsburgh. Millions of gallons of water run throught 4 different rivers in this area. There is no water restrictions in my municipality.

I may wash one of our cars daily all weekend just for fun. I am going to bring over my parents cars and wash them, too.

I support reasonable environmental regulation, but I know these guys usually go too far.

He has a car that is full of swirls and the interior looks like a zoo animal lived there.

Flash Gordon
05-25-2012, 03:11 PM
He has a car that is full of swirls and the interior looks like a zoo animal lived there.

Give me his email and I'll send him a link to this thread. Maybe we can convert this whackjob

arack
05-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Incredible.

The Green Police, coming to a neighborhood near you...

:dunno:

Yeah. I used two 5 gallon buckets via the two bucket method. I would estimate I use maybe 25-30 gallons maximum. My car is opti coated so the water rolls off and it is never too dirty.

So I know that his math is way off on this 180 gallons thing.

I am sure the PA Dept of Environmental resources has better things to do. They are busy working on regulating the shale drilling in my area. They use a lot of water for the shale drilling process.

timaishu
05-25-2012, 03:22 PM
LOL at 180 gallons. Where did he come up with that number?

dad07
05-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Next time tell hin to keep his nose on the other side of headge row!

then squirt him with the hose and say lets make it 190 gallons this month!

bobble
05-25-2012, 03:25 PM
The zoo animal would probably be him. I'd video tape his tirade and report it as domestic terrorism, get his azz on a no fly list. That would be a slight inconvenience to be certain.

maximus20895
05-25-2012, 03:28 PM
Wonder how much water a normal wash really does use.

Jomax
05-25-2012, 03:28 PM
I get some looks when I wash my truck, dads excursion, and my sisters focus all at the same time. I just smile and wave:)

Sent from my iPhone using AG Online

mwoolfso
05-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Some people just go too far to further their cause.

Why not give them a free membership to the AutoGeek.Net forum and let your neighbor know we are waiting for him (to think how much water we all spend, sheesh). He would probably call Meghan and Nick and complain that their sales and BOGOS are perpetuating the radical demise of our society.

arack
05-25-2012, 03:34 PM
LOL at 180 gallons. Where did he come up with that number?

It is an often repeated environmental mantra for the green movement. I found it on a google search. My water pressure fills up a 5 gallon bucket in about a minute. So I would have to leave my hose on continuously for 36 minutes to reach 180 gallons.

The environmentalists mention the running hose. Like who doesn't have a hose nozzle?