PDA

View Full Version : Is TRIX replacing IronX?

Pages : [1] 2 3

WRAPT C5Z06
05-14-2012, 02:41 PM
On a side note, IronX is one helluva wheel cleaner!!!!!!!!!!

Old Tiger
05-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Maark, I dont think so. It is an AIO of IronX and Tar X. Corey can give you the definitive answer!

dad07
05-14-2012, 04:31 PM

I hope not Mark! Love the paste for real bad wheels.

CEE DOG
05-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Dad is right on as usual. Its a combo. It is definitely not replacing ix mark! I agree ix rocks.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Awesome! I'm now loving Eraser and IronX!

kronos
05-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Awesome! I'm now loving Eraser and IronX!

No doubt IX produces good results... but it stinks so bad!!!

opie_7afe
05-14-2012, 06:07 PM
it stinks even worse if you leave it in a hot area and it leaks out the sprayer.....and just so happens to be inside your car....

kronos
05-14-2012, 06:21 PM
it stinks even worse if you leave it in a hot area and it leaks out the sprayer.....and just so happens to be inside your car....

Yuck! :D

I got to use it on a white car this weekend and even after claying the entire car, IX still did its thing and impressed my family in the process. Oh and they were also grossed out by the smell.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Smell isn't THAT bad. :dunno:

ShinyRex
05-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Dad is right on as usual. Its a combo. It is definitely not replacing ix mark! I agree ix rocks.

Can you elaborate a little? Do you think it is not a replacement because it is better than Trix at removing iron or because there will be times when you don't want/need the strength or a tar remover?

I'm not disagreeing with you just curious on your thoughts. As a weekend guy having both products in one seems like a great value so why keep IronX around?

kronos
05-14-2012, 07:37 PM
... As a weekend guy having both products in one seems like a great value so why keep IronX around?

:iagree: Maybe I'm missing something, but TRIX seems like it would cut down the amount of time prepping (one-step vs two) and as we all know, time is money.

kronos
05-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Smell isn't THAT bad. :dunno:

Maybe you have a newer version? Mine stinks. It's about 6 months old.

CEE DOG
05-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Can you elaborate a little? Do you think it is not a replacement because it is better than Trix at removing iron or because there will be times when you don't want/need the strength or a tar remover?

I'm not disagreeing with you just curious on your thoughts. As a weekend guy having both products in one seems like a great value so why keep IronX around?

I asked Avi the same thing in my TRIX review Q&A and he said it is not replacing IX.

Exactly like you said, sometimes you only need an Iron Remover. For removing Iron the IX series of products is excellent.

They are definitely different products with different high points and both IX series and TRIX will continue to be available.

Robert8194
05-14-2012, 07:57 PM

What about the warning about not using on chrome wheels, calipers or wheel weights. Had any issues there?

BookemDano
05-14-2012, 08:00 PM
I have Trix and like it. OTOH, I've never used IronX. The more important question to me is, if Trix does the exact same thing as IronX AND removes tar too... Why buy IronX? What's the advantage of IronX?

Dan.