PDA

View Full Version : Is TRIX replacing IronX?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ShinyRex
05-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Maybe you have a newer version? Mine stinks. It's about 6 months old.
I bought mine recently and the cap came open during shipping....it smells just as bad

CEE DOG
05-14-2012, 08:13 PM
What about the warning about not using on chrome wheels, calipers or wheel weights. Had any issues there?

I've had no issues with chrome. Wheel weights it can discolor but just agitate during the rinse and they turn back to normal.

Some calipers with cheap paint, etc you want to avoid but I haven't had an issue.

I have Trix and like it. OTOH, I've never used IronX. The more important question to me is, if Trix does the exact same thing as IronX AND removes tar too... Why buy IronX? What's the advantage of IronX?

Dan.

Iron x doesn't have to be shaken as often. It is safe on plastic headlights whereas TRIX on polycarbonate headlights and sensitive plastic can dull it a bit because it has the solvents that melt tar in it. Get TRIX on polycarbonate headlights and you may have to lightly polish if it dulls it.

I would avoid clear bras with TRIX and TarX.

BookemDano
05-14-2012, 08:29 PM
I've had no issues with chrome. Wheel weights it can discolor but just agitate during the rinse and they turn back to normal.

Some calipers with cheap paint, etc you want to avoid but I haven't had an issue.

Iron x doesn't have to be shaken as often. It is safe on plastic headlights whereas TRIX on polycarbonate headlights and sensitive plastic can dull it a bit because it has the solvents that melt tar in it. Get TRIX on polycarbonate headlights and you may have to lightly polish if it dulls it.

I would avoid clear bras with TRIX and TarX.

Corey,

That is very important info. Maybe I missed it in your TRIX review. If not, please add it.

Hmmm... Now I have to buy IronX too! Arrrgh!

Thanks,

Dan.

WRXINXS
05-14-2012, 08:31 PM
I have Trix and like it. OTOH, I've never used IronX. The more important question to me is, if Trix does the exact same thing as IronX AND removes tar too... Why buy IronX? What's the advantage of IronX?

Dan.

I have a well maintained car that I want to polish out once a year. I use Iron X and do not need the extra tar removing ability of TRIX. So, I would not want to spray another chemical on my car if it wont do anything for me.

BookemDano
05-14-2012, 08:42 PM
I have a well maintained car that I want to polish out once a year. I use Iron X and do not need the extra tar removing ability of TRIX. So, I would not want to spray another chemical on my car if it wont do anything for me.
Be that as it may, but TRIX is $27/liter while IronX is $33/liter. Based on Corey's post, it looks like TRIX is more aggressive and could harm some trim. If it wasn't for that, I'd say TRIX was a more cost-effective product.

Regards,

Dan.

BookemDano
05-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Corey,

You FORCED me to do it! :eek: I just ordered the 500ML IronX Eco Refill on BOGO. Excellent timing!!! :props:

Dan.

CEE DOG
05-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Be that as it may, but TRIX is $27/liter while IronX is $33/liter. Based on Corey's post, it looks like TRIX is more aggressive and could harm some trim. If it wasn't for that, I'd say TRIX was a more cost-effective product.

Regards,

Dan.

Yes, I was shocked at the price as well being cheaper than IX. I expected it to cost more.

I don't believe it will harm plastic trim pieces as long as it isn't abused and left to dry on there. Only polycarbonate headlights and clear bra type materials are sensitive enough. However, as usual with any new to you material and product combination it is always good to try a small test spot.

CEE DOG
05-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Corey,

You FORCED me to do it! :eek: I just ordered the 500ML IronX Eco Refill on BOGO. Excellent timing!!! :props:

Dan.

ROFL Dan! Well, you can't beat that on bogo price.

snellvilleauto
05-14-2012, 09:49 PM
A couple things i noticed.
1) TRIX stinks as rotten egg and the nozzle leaks (I couldn't stand the smell in my garage any more so it's sitting outside.) The Nozzle SUCKS A$$.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8163/7198963864_4c7528b5d3_z.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8143/7198968820_f56429144d_z.jpg

2) It WILL discolor your caliper if you don't RINSE and AGITATE real well. Learned from my mistake please. My wife's 2012 Subaru caliper look like $hit now.

BookemDano
05-14-2012, 11:17 PM
A couple things i noticed.
1) TRIX stinks as rotten egg and the nozzle leaks (I couldn't stand the smell in my garage any more so it's sitting outside.) The Nozzle SUCKS A$$.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8163/7198963864_4c7528b5d3_z.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8143/7198968820_f56429144d_z.jpg

2) It WILL discolor your caliper if you don't RINSE and AGITATE real well. Learned from my mistake please. My wife's 2012 Subaru caliper look like now.
Good product, but it stinks. Get a Kwazar sprayer. No more smells.

Dan.

Kaban
05-15-2012, 12:40 AM
eraser? what's that about?

snellvilleauto
05-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Good product, but it stinks. Get a Kwazar sprayer. No more smells.

Dan.

Yeah, i am thinking of transferring it to another spray bottle (don't have the kwazar yet) and hope it won't leak. Their sprayer bottle $ucks big time. $27/bottle and they couldn't give you a decent sprayer head? disappointing!

ShinyRex
05-15-2012, 01:59 AM
I havn't had a chance to do much testing but I switched my sprayer out for an OPUS one from US Plastic. Item #:66776. It is an all plastic sprayer just like the one that carpro uses but it feels much better and so far no leaks (fingers crossed)

RMM
05-15-2012, 08:36 AM
I bought mine recently and the cap came open during shipping....it smells just as bad

Nonetheless, smell has improved.

eraser? what's that about?

CarPro Eraser is an "improved IPA". It's like Menzerna Top Inspection but more strong and besides dust it removes oils.

TimmyG
05-15-2012, 09:21 AM
Eraser and Iron X are by far two of my all time favorite products thus far. Can't wait to get my hands on some Wolfs Decon Gel and compare the two though.