PDA

View Full Version : found some very nice drying towels at wal-mart!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

opie_7afe
11-03-2011, 09:06 PM
so i seen these towels yesterday at wal-mart while bringing a friend shopping, so i decided today to go back and pick 2 of them up, there really nice microfiber towels just like the guzzler HD's execpt not waffle weave and not the same size, these towels are 16"x18" and are 3$ each. i found them in the storage bin aisle where the dish drying racks are.. there made to go under the drying racks but i seen microfiber and how thick they were and the foam core and had to buy em!...heres some pics of the package and how thick they are!....i will see how they work to dry off my ride tomorrow...

http://i.imgur.com/OcafA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/N9Mtc.jpg

thanks for reading and hope this helps people out with trying to find cheaper drying towels!

mwtaco
11-03-2011, 09:28 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/11951216675261P.JPG (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/38671)

what a coincidence...i was at bed bath and beyond and saw this. is that what the guzzler HD is? a microfiber with foam inside it? this was 5$ and of course if you use the 20% off coupon it's 4$.

Flash Gordon
11-03-2011, 09:31 PM
How funny!!!!

I was not expecting this...lol

Dugdug
11-03-2011, 09:45 PM
lol I seen those, does it work well?

opie_7afe
11-03-2011, 11:18 PM
yes the cobra guzzler hd is a waffle weeve microfiber with a foam core..heres an image of the guzzler hd
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2180_42458640

the only difference between them i can tell is the guzzler is waffle weave and is bigger(16"x24") the walmart one is 16"x18" same blend of microfiber between them also. however the walmart one has a nice medium nap and the fiber loops dont look wound as tight as a normal microfiber towel...for 3$ even if they dont work that well not a big loss to me... id rather spend 3$ then 20$ for something im not sure i will like to use :) but i bet it will work just as good as the HD and i know it will be way better then the crappy pva chamios i have..

Dr Oldz
11-03-2011, 11:22 PM
While it may be a good deal......the ends look a bit harsh where all the stitching is. Give it the CD test and see how it fairs out!

opie_7afe
11-03-2011, 11:43 PM
ends are really soft, look like they are harsh and hard but they aren't, look at the edges of the guzzler hd, they look about the same to me. and with these i wont be really wiping with pressure either blot or place down and pull it by the edge over the surface..did the cd test left no marring unless i push down really hard with the tip of my thumb, if your pressing that hard to dry a car off you deserve the marring lol....the cd test really isn't a valid test for scratch testing anyways in my opinion.

weavers
11-04-2011, 12:16 AM
can you test and review them?

I've bought two different towels for drying form walmart and have been really disapointed. Both were from the kitchen section. one was a MF waffle weave towel, 16x25 or there about. it takes two-3 to dry a car. useless...I tried a ultra plush mf towel from the kitchen section and the towel was drenched after a few passes. again useless.

I did some some towels at an outlet store that are 18x25 and yellow waffle weave with black silk boarders for 3 dollars each. they are perfect.1 towel can dry two cars completely. I bought all that they had, 8 of them. they look like the guzzler.

opie_7afe
11-04-2011, 01:05 AM
ill do a mini-review in this thread with pictures later on today. see these have a foam core first time ive seen them in walmart was the other day..like i said if they dont work well for the car i can use them under the dish strainer :) so not a loss for me.and towels should be drenched after you use them, means its picking up water! one towel is not going to dry a whole car gotta wring em out or switch to another one. ive noticed damp towels work better then dry ones to dry car off with...check this thread in 12 hours and i might have the mini-review up.

brawl
11-04-2011, 01:19 AM
please do a cd test too. :)

tw33k2514
11-04-2011, 02:01 AM
I have my doubts, but I will stay tunes for the review.

mwtaco
11-04-2011, 05:57 AM
looking fwd to the review!

Setec Astronomy
11-04-2011, 06:16 AM
I've bought two different towels for drying form walmart and have been really disapointed. Both were from the kitchen section. one was a MF waffle weave towel, 16x25 or there about. it takes two-3 to dry a car. useless...

Oh come on, those Mainstays kitchen WW's were great, who cares if it took 2-3 to dry a car, they were only $1.50 each! I bought a lot of them and primarily use them for drying door jambs, it keeps me from getting my good WW's dirty and is a step up from the terry I used to use. Too bad they don't make them anymore.

weavers
11-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Oh come on, those Mainstays kitchen WW's were great, who cares if it took 2-3 to dry a car, they were only $1.50 each! I bought a lot of them and primarily use them for drying door jambs, it keeps me from getting my good WW's dirty and is a step up from the terry I used to use. Too bad they don't make them anymore.

Thats a great point. I tend to just keep those towels in reserve. If all other drying towels are dirty then I will use the walmart ones. I found that terry cloth towel swirl up door jams so quick. I will use them for super greasy jobs, but I try to cheap MF otc towels for jams, windows, wheels, interior wipe downs. I could use those walmart towels.

I dunno I guess I am spoiled. I like using 3-5towels for car washes. Its really nice when one towel drys the car completely. I use ONR and with the one dry towels it cleans the windows really well. I dry the windows first then the paint working top to bottom.

opie_7afe
11-04-2011, 01:01 PM
please do a cd test too. :)

brawl dont take this the wrong way, im not trying to come off rude. did you not read my posts? i clearly did the cd test even though cd testing proves nothing a cd is plastic, polycarbonate to be exact so in comparison to paint, there is no comparison its 2 different things so its not a valid test. however this is just my opinion on the cd test. and as i said anything can scratch with enough pressure ;). i still need to do my photo review, however might take me a little while was 74 yesterday today its 56 i hate the weather down here at times! weather changes more then a runway model changes clothes!