PDA

View Full Version : found some very nice drying towels at wal-mart!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

lee1dew
11-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Is it KiWi brand? If so I already been there done that and it was a complete fail as the hairs got all smooshed down and didn't retain their memory at all. Got through one leather seat and the brush was ruined.

The brand is Shoe Gear. It seems to be of good quality, but I haven't tried using it yet. I figured it was worth a shot for $4.

opie_7afe
11-06-2011, 01:41 PM
budinsc the detailers best brand i believe is made by carand which AG carries ;) just an fyi...where in SC are you located at bro?

cpa5oh
11-06-2011, 05:41 PM
I went to Walmart today and picked up 2 of the dish mats :-)

Also saw a "drying towel" made by "Microtech"...Walmart.com: 2-in-1 Drying Towel: Household Essentials I actually think I have 4 of these, purchased at Advance Auto Parts under their "AutoCraft" brand. They are the softest towels I've ever felt...problem is they seem to REPEL water...they don't pick up a damn thing. I do think they'd be good for buffing off wax/sealant, and that's what I'm using them for...useless for drying a car.

Ron Atchison
11-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Also saw a "drying towel" made by "Microtech" . They are the softest towels I've ever felt...problem is they seem to REPEL water...they don't pick up a damn thing. I do think they'd be good for buffing off wax/sealant, and that's what I'm using them for...useless for drying a car.

I picked up one of those last night and used it with UWW as a QD and it worked great. We'll see how it works as a drying towel.

tw33k2514
11-06-2011, 06:25 PM

Also saw a "drying towel" made by "Microtech I actually think I have 4 of these, purchased at Advance Auto Parts under their "AutoCraft" brand. They are the softest towels I've ever felt...problem is they seem to REPEL water...they don't pick up a damn thing. I do think they'd be good for buffing off wax/sealant, and that's what I'm using them for...useless for drying a car.
I picked up one of those 2 in 1 drying towels a couple months ago based on good reviews on another forum..... Seriously useless. They are very soft but like you said they do not pick up water very well.

opie_7afe
11-06-2011, 06:29 PM
these towels kick ass! i used one to dry a chevy astro without using the sheeting technique with the hose...didnt need to wring them out once! just wipe and flip to dry side wipe again...worked perfect! and no maring present as i recently polished the van out with m105/m205 and has not been washed since i polished it...but as i said some will love em some will hate them all personal preference...
To cpa5oh: some of the towels at walmart suck ass for drying off a car, i think they use some type of fabric softener during manufacturing to make them feel softer to the consumer, most microfibers will "stick" to my fingers those dont they feel exactly how a microfiber washed in fabric softener feels....wash em a couple times might work

tuscarora dave
11-06-2011, 06:34 PM
They recently put a wally world in a mile up the street from where I live. I'm there at least 4 times a week. I'll have to pick one of these up and give it a try.

Dugdug
11-06-2011, 07:27 PM

Also saw a "drying towel" made by "Microtech"...Walmart.com: 2-in-1 Drying Towel: Household Essentials I actually think I have 4 of these, purchased at Advance Auto Parts under their "AutoCraft" brand. They are the softest towels I've ever felt...problem is they seem to REPEL water...they don't pick up a damn thing. I do think they'd be good for buffing off wax/sealant, and that's what I'm using them for...useless for drying a car.

It worked pretty good for me. I use it on ONR wash. Wipe the bulk if it with the grey side and finish with the blue side. Works decent but the drying mat works a lot better. I figure I'll blot it with the mat and finish with the walmart towel. I'll be testing this tomorrow on a car, and will report back on how well the mat works on a whole car. I bought 2 just in case

cpa5oh
11-06-2011, 09:50 PM
It worked pretty good for me. I use it on ONR wash. Wipe the bulk if it with the grey side and finish with the blue side. Works decent but the drying mat works a lot better. I figure I'll blot it with the mat and finish with the walmart towel. I'll be testing this tomorrow on a car, and will report back on how well the mat works on a whole car. I bought 2 just in case

Let us know...the drying mat towels are so cheap it'd be awesome if they worked great. Good to read the thread starter had a good experience with them! I'll put mine to use next time I do a wash.

BillE
11-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Ahhh, POOO!

Went over to my local WM...for the life of me I couldn't find 'the towel'.

I even asked a couple of the worker bees...clue less.

I'll keep lookin'...

Bill

budinsc
11-07-2011, 08:33 AM
budinsc the detailers best brand i believe is made by carand which AG carries ;) just an fyi...where in SC are you located at bro?

greenville. come by when youre up this way!

bud

Dugdug
11-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Ahhh, POOO!

Went over to my local WM...for the life of me I couldn't find 'the towel'.

I even asked a couple of the worker bees...clue less.

I'll keep lookin'...

Bill

Do you have another walmart in your area? Also, I found it in the kitchen section right next to the dish racks.

lee1dew
11-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Do you have another walmart in your area? Also, I found it in the kitchen section right next to the dish racks.

I found mine next to the pots and pans, not in the kitchen towel aisle as I expected.

opie_7afe
11-07-2011, 01:30 PM
yeah there not in the automotive section, down storage bin aisle or where dish strainer racks are...same place that has the cabinet/drawer liners. usually hanging on one of those strips they put impulse buy stuff on.

BillE
11-08-2011, 08:19 AM
I FOUND 'EM!

Like 'lee1dew'...by the pot 'n' pans.

All I can say is, how much water do these puppies hold?!? Did a quickie wash down on my truck (full size critter), these mats sucked up ALL the water with room to spare. No streaks or leftovers at all.

Thanx for the heads up and post!

Bill