PDA

View Full Version : water blade

Pages : [1] 2

951michael
07-25-2011, 12:50 PM
What is the best water blade out there for drying one's vehicle and where can I purchase. Thanks

embolism
07-25-2011, 01:11 PM
the invisible one

meaning don't buy any type of blade whatsoever for use on your paint

- water will sheet off of a waxed/sealed car given the opportunity
- the cheapest leaf blower will blow water out of crevices like gas caps, side mirrors, and btw panels
- leave some water on the car which will be removed easily with a spray wax or quick detailer, used as a drying aid with a good microfiber

ThirdgenTa
07-25-2011, 01:38 PM
They are great on windows!

HeavyMetal
07-25-2011, 02:42 PM
meaning don't buy any type of blade whatsoever for use on your paint

Yup. Never understood how people could get literally hysterical about which mf to use and then scrape a rubber squeegee over their paint to remove water.

SRTSean
07-25-2011, 02:50 PM
I've been using the Griot's water blade on my car. I haven't noticed any scratches or lines in the finish whatsoever and I am very particular about the darn thing. I just make sure to rinse the blade after pulling water off a panel to ensure no particles are on the blade edge.

mswerb
07-25-2011, 02:58 PM
I've been using the California Water Blade for quite some time without problems. These can be picked up just about anywhere these days.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
07-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Use it every time to dry off my windows so I don't have to get the WW so wet

DaHen
07-25-2011, 03:02 PM
I also happen to use and like my super-duper California Water Blade. It gets most of the water off then I use a wafle weave towel along with the leaf blower.

Im the MAN

ScottB
07-25-2011, 03:29 PM
work well in the shower ....

kronos
07-25-2011, 03:29 PM
I use one to help dry my daily driver (dd). Does it mar? I don't know. My dd is already pretty swirled up so I don't know if it's adding more or not. For what its worth, I don't use it on the paint of my polished BMW.

DaHen
07-25-2011, 07:38 PM
work well in the shower ....

Not to sure if I'd want to use the Water Blade on myself. Rather continue to use a towel. lol :laughing:

flamed03vert
07-25-2011, 07:38 PM
So the key here is how you use it. As previously mentioned the car has to be spotless clean to even potentially use it without marring. You could clean the edge after every swipe bit the chance on something still being on the paint that could get dragged in a swipe is still there. If you're using on your DD and don't have reservations about micro marring, then itprobably wouldn't hurt too much. Could be a time saverin some aspects. I personally use it on windows only. Its all up to you and how picky you are about your cars finish.

ElGaby
07-25-2011, 07:42 PM
I have the california dry blade and is fantastic for windows, roof, hood and panels

gumbedamit
07-26-2011, 02:09 PM
I use the California Water Blade, there are mixed views here in regards to whether or not they mar a cars finish. I use a pressure washer to rinse the car before I use the blade. If you actually look at the blade in action, you will see the blade pushing the water along with any impurities away from itself before it has a chance to get under the blade and scratch the finish. When you use a MF, what do you do, you take the MF and put it on the vehicle and start wiping, hmmm, what if there are impurities under the MF? just my 2cents....

TornadoRed
07-26-2011, 02:29 PM
I think 5th Gear did a comparison of 3 different car washes, an automatic touch wash, hand wash (with brushes and dirty rags), and one where they used a water blade. The water blade did the most damage.