PDA

View Full Version : Megs Hyper Dressing/fabric cleaning

Pages : [1] 2

spitshine1
06-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Has anybody used this product for the interior of the car?
If so what is the dilute ratio that works well for the interior?

Also looking for a good carpet shampoo, any suggestions?
I have fabric around the arm rests that need cleaning.
What is the best way of cleaning these areas?

Have a good weekend everyone!

dad07
06-11-2011, 12:24 PM
I have not used HD for interiors,but I use it 4:1 for wheel wells and engine compartments and sometimes tires.As far as carpets go I use folex it can found at Lowes or Home depot.

ziggo99
06-11-2011, 12:39 PM
I've used it on interiors, cut to 4:1. Leaves a nice finish, nothing that would cause glare to the driver. Non oily. Good stuff.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
06-11-2011, 03:09 PM
I love HD, use it on tires/engines and interiors. For interior I do 3:1...its still not super shiny but gives a nice satin look which i like for interiors.

Folex is good stuff...also I like to use Megs APC or APC+ diluted about 5:1.

All 3 can be used on carpets or fabric seats/arm rests.

Best way to clean those areas depends on your tools...do you have a shampooer? If not do you have a shop vac? If you do then spray folex or APC onto the area (after vacuuming that area first)...let it set for a minute and then use a brush to scrub it. I keep a clean bucket of water to rinse my brush out in so that way i dont end up scrubbing the dirt on the brush back into what i WANT to clean. Then vacuum it up if you have a shop vac or extract if you have a shampooer.

If you DONT have those machines...then used a MF towel or a terry towel to sort of blot the area dry as best as you can. Hope that helps...good luck!

maximus20895
06-11-2011, 03:25 PM
If you buy Folex get it in the Gallon..much better value.

rwright
06-11-2011, 04:40 PM
When using Folex don't scrub with a brush. Put on some nitrile gloves and scratch the surface with your finger or blot with a towel.

Sent using Tapatalk

spitshine1
06-11-2011, 06:40 PM
thnaks for everyones help

spitshine1
06-11-2011, 06:43 PM
I hav ea small wet/dry vac. I think it should ok to use.
I also have Bissel hot water, heavy traffic soil remover.
I guess this would work ok too.

spitshine1
06-11-2011, 06:46 PM
I love HD, use it on tires/engines and interiors. For interior I do 3:1...its still not super shiny but gives a nice satin look which i like for interiors.

Folex is good stuff...also I like to use Megs APC or APC+ diluted about 5:1.

All 3 can be used on carpets or fabric seats/arm rests.

Best way to clean those areas depends on your tools...do you have a shampooer? If not do you have a shop vac? If you do then spray folex or APC onto the area (after vacuuming that area first)...let it set for a minute and then use a brush to scrub it. I keep a clean bucket of water to rinse my brush out in so that way i dont end up scrubbing the dirt on the brush back into what i WANT to clean. Then vacuum it up if you have a shop vac or extract if you have a shampooer.

If you DONT have those machines...then used a MF towel or a terry towel to sort of blot the area dry as best as you can. Hope that helps...good luck!

I have a small wet/dry vac.
I also have a bisell litle green machine, its ahot water machine that is for spot cleaning

Rsurfer
06-11-2011, 06:48 PM
When using Folex don't scrub with a brush. Put on some nitrile gloves and scratch the surface with your finger or blot with a towel.

Sent using Tapatalk
Feed back pleaseOn why you should not scrub Folex with a brush.

MDetail
06-11-2011, 06:53 PM
HD doesn't have UV protection, does it?

maximus20895
06-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Feed back pleaseOn why you should not scrub Folex with a brush.
The label says to blot the area. I've done both and I didn't see any ill effects with either.

HD doesn't have UV protection, does it?

Meguiar's Hyper Dressing does contain some UV protection, but not as much as say Meguiar's #40 Vynl Dressing.

Rsurfer
06-11-2011, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=maximus20895;482939]The label says to blot the area. I've done both and I didn't see any ill effects with either.

Guess I should read the lables more often. Been scrubing with a brush for years with no problems.

rwright
06-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Sorry man, just following the directions on the label. I haven't been using Folex as long as you so I'm certain you have better ways of using it than I do. I've always used carpet foams from auto parts stores, Walmart, and Car Brite. Now I use Folex and Krud Kutter the most.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
06-12-2011, 01:02 PM
I have a small wet/dry vac.
I also have a bisell litle green machine, its ahot water machine that is for spot cleaning

Your Bissell LGM is perfect...you should get great results.