PDA

View Full Version : What's The Best Wax

Pages : [1] 2

Jarut
12-23-2006, 11:36 AM
I just bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and it's black. What is the best wax I can use on this. I have heard Pinnacle Souveran Wax works very well but I want some more advice before I purchase.

Mike T
12-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Souveran is beautiful on black. Liquid or paste. Natty's blue is also a great wax.

AL417
12-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Welcome to AG. Get the Souveran you will be impressed!! If you want to spend less go with MaxWax, PB Natty Blue or Pinnacle Liquid. My guess is that you will be getting a lot of the same advice as these are the favorite waxes on this forum.

CalgaryDetail
12-23-2006, 02:15 PM
welcom to AG, the best wax is suubjective. it all depends what you want and what kind of protection you want. My favorite is Victoria wax, concours. It gives geat durabilty and is nice to work with.It also gives the paint amazing depth.
I also enjoy using Zymol carbon (i have the concours waiting to be used). There is this rumor that it has no durabuity, this is false. I have it on my dads car and it been there for over months, and has gone through an auto matic car wash twice (when i was away). It is still sheeting water like mad, i dont know many waxes that would be so strong with such little wax.
I have also tried a few more but these ar my two tops, there kida expnsive compared to nattys but im more then content spending that kinda of money to get that look and durabilty. Im a firm belicer you get what you pay for

ltoman
12-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Welcome to AG. Get the Souveran you will be impressed!! If you want to spend less go with MaxWax, PB Natty Blue or Pinnacle Liquid. My guess is that you will be getting a lot of the same advice as these are the favorite waxes on this forum.:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :cool:

Nica
12-23-2006, 02:22 PM
..Im a firm belicer you get what you pay for

:iagree: I purchase a new vehicle and like all owners we all want to take care of our vehicles, well at least all of us here do. So it's a mater of how much do you like your car and would you like to keep it protected?

I purchased Souveran and I'm just applying it to my dark color vehicle, first time using it and I'm contect with it. You know what they say you can only recomend if you have used. To provde how good it is look around at some of the pictures memebers here have posted, seeing is beleaving ;)

Good luck with your re-searching and welcome to AG.

ltoman
12-23-2006, 02:32 PM
:iagree: I purchase a new vehicle and like all owners we all want to take care of our vehicles, well at least all of us here do. So it's a mater of how much do you like your car and would you like to keep it protected?

I purchased Souveran and I'm just applying it to my dark color vehicle, first time using it and I'm contect with it. You know what they say you can only recomend if you have used. To provde how good it is look around at some of the pictures memebers here have posted, seeing is beleaving ;)

Good luck with your re-searching and welcome to AG.

You haven't waxed it yet!!!! hee hee hee hee
Are you just feeling up the Souveran? LOL!!:D :D :p

Sevenrd
12-23-2006, 02:34 PM
There are SO many good waxes out there.

Souveran looks fantastic on dark colors. Not the best in durability, but a great look...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/dwargg/G35after4.jpg

But, Souveran is just one of many very good waxes. Browse Autogeek and you will find many.

sparkie
12-23-2006, 04:24 PM
http://www.turtlewaxuk.com/prodimg/FG3680.gif

Just kidding!:D

sparkie
12-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Bang for the buck! MaxWax, Liquid Souveran.
The best is Souveran paste IMO.

Bigfoot
12-23-2006, 04:42 PM

:righton: :righton: :righton: :righton: :righton: :righton: :righton: :righton: This wax rocks! In the dumpster...

Joey:cheers:

ltoman
12-23-2006, 05:03 PM

Oh, it is 1980!!! Ahhhh

ltoman
12-23-2006, 05:03 PM

Oh, it is 1980!!! Ahhhh

TOGWT
12-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Best wax or Sealant:
‘Best’ is too subjective to quantify i.e. best at what? No one sealant / wax can be best at everything as many compromises are made in there formulation. While its true many of the chemicals used in the formulation of car care products are the same (or at least very similar) Having used a variety of different products field testing shows that not all have the same durability, some simply out perform others in many categories and react differently when applied to different paint types, colours, or varied paint surface conditions. Ultimately the best wax or sealant will prove to be the one that best meets its user's objectives.

If a product is not working for you experiment until you find one that’s suitable for your needs. There is no one product that can produce all of the properties for an optically perfect shine, however; for high surface gloss and surface reflectance-a polymer sealant, which also provides durability. Detailing enthusiasts consider shine as only one attribute of a protective wax or sealant. They are equally concerned with; ease of application, resistance to abrasion, atmospheric contamination and weathering.

a) For depth of shine and a ‘wet-look’ - Carnauba wax (also provides a sacrificial and easily renewable barrier against airborne contaminants.
b) For an optically perfect shine, clarity, long term durability and protection apply a polymer sealant (Zaino Z2PRO™ + ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive) to a carefully prepared level, clean paint surface and add a Carnauba wax or Zaino Z-8™ Grand Finale Spray Seal as a (LSP) last step product.
c) The aesthetics of a vehicle appearance is very subjective to say the least, the only best wax or sealant that really matters is what looks 'best' to you.
d) The final result can only be as good as the surface it’s applied to. It really is all dependants upon; 85% preparation, 5% product, 7% application method and the balance is in the ‘guy’ of the beholder. (A detailer’s skill level is also extremely important)

{Knowledge; don't ever stop learning; [always keeping an open mind]

Sevenrd
12-23-2006, 05:13 PM

LMAO!

Great stuff! But a close second to souveran. :p