PDA

View Full Version : Which wheel cleaner?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

rwright
11-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks Alan, I had no clue about the PH. I have P21S wheel gel on the way! :D

P21S is excellent Mark. I will say this, Mothers was very effective for a non-acidic wheel cleaner. Combine this with soap & water and a Daytona SpeedMaster brush and you're good to go. I recommend Mothers because the OP is on a budget and it can be found just about anywhere, vs. ordering P21S. I still can't figure out why I have waited so long to try Mothers products?

WRAPT C5Z06
11-19-2010, 09:25 PM
I've spent a lot of time looking for effective wheel cleaners that are acid, ph neutral, and alkali based. :D That way I'll have a wheel cleaner for every type of wheel I might encounter.
I've heard optimum power clean is safe for any wheel finish, even un-diluted. Any experience with this?

Lasthope05
11-19-2010, 09:32 PM
I've heard optimum power clean is safe for any wheel finish, even un-diluted. Any experience with this?

I havent used it in a long time but its a pretty safe and effective APC. I've never any had problems using OPC 3:1 (ph of 11) on any surfaces (interior, paint, wheels) but I have never had the need to use it neat, so I can't really help you there.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-19-2010, 09:34 PM
I havent used it in a long time but its a pretty safe and effective APC. I've never any had problems using OPC 3:1 (ph of 11) on any surfaces (interior, paint, wheels) but I have never had the need to use it neat, so I can't really help you there.
Does P21S have a PH of 7?

Lasthope05
11-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Does P21S have a PH of 7?

I actually dont know and couldnt find the ph value of P21s gel. I have the msds for it but there is no information about it on there. It is widely accepted that p21s is a ph neutral an one of the safest, if not, "the" safest wheel cleaner on the market.

IOMCAMARO
11-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Is Griot's Ph 7?

WRAPT C5Z06
11-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Is Griot's Ph 7?
Don't know, but what I do know it is a very safe wheel cleaner! I've used it..

IOMCAMARO
11-21-2010, 12:26 AM
Ok so today I bought a 35 oz. Griot's Wheel Cleaner and one of the Mother's 22 oz. wheel cleaners. Next time that I wash my car, I'll take before and afters on the wheels using both products. I was going to buy a gallon of Griot's, but I wanted to see which one is better before I invest too much.

rwright
11-21-2010, 12:29 AM
Ok so today I bought a 35 oz. Griot's Wheel Cleaner and one of the Mother's 22 oz. wheel cleaners. Next time that I wash my car, I'll take before and afters on the wheels using both products. I was going to buy a gallon of Griot's, but I wanted to see which one is better before I invest too much.

Wise decision. I'm looking forward to your review.

IOMCAMARO
11-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Okay so tonight I washed my car and used both of the wheel cleaners. I took pictures and I'll put them up later. I wasn't impressed with either of them without agitation, but I was very pleased that they got everything off with very minor agitation. And another good thing was knowing that they wouldn't harm me or my car. The Mother's Foaming Wheel and Tire cleaner worked amazingly on the tires. It just rolled the brown stuff off of my tires without any agitation. My tires have never looked so clean in the year that I have had my car. If I had to choose one for smell and price it would be Griot's hands down, but only for a clean car. I think that Mother's would work better if my wheels were in worse shape, but if you're looking for something to use on your wheels that you take care of all of the time, give Griot's a try. It smells yummy like pineapples! Whenever I get the time, I'll actually put them to the test. I'm going to try them on our mini-van that hasn't been washed in 6 months, and hasn't been waxed for a good 5 years, so you can imagine yourself how bad the wheels look.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Okay so tonight I washed my car and used both of the wheel cleaners. I took pictures and I'll put them up later. I wasn't impressed with either of them without agitation, but I was very pleased that they got everything off with very minor agitation. And another good thing was knowing that they wouldn't harm me or my car. The Mother's Foaming Wheel and Tire cleaner worked amazingly on the tires. It just rolled the brown stuff off of my tires without any agitation. My tires have never looked so clean in the year that I have had my car. If I had to choose one for smell and price it would be Griot's hands down, but only for a clean car. I think that Mother's would work better if my wheels were in worse shape, but if you're looking for something to use on your wheels that you take care of all of the time, give Griot's a try. It smells yummy like pineapples! Whenever I get the time, I'll actually put them to the test. I'm going to try them on our mini-van that hasn't been washed in 6 months, and hasn't been waxed for a good 5 years, so you can imagine yourself how bad the wheels look.
Unless the wheel cleaner is acidic, you will have to agitate. Even the acidic wheel cleaners require agitation sometimes. The wheel cleaners u have are non acidic, and do a great job for what they're supposed to do.

IOMCAMARO
11-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Unless the wheel cleaner is acidic, you will have to agitate. Even the acidic wheel cleaners require agitation sometimes. The wheel cleaners u have are non acidic, and do a great job for what they're supposed to do.
I figured that I was just going by that they say spray on and rinse off. I knew I would have to agitate. That's why I had my Griot's Boars Hair Brush handy.

ScottB
11-22-2010, 08:44 PM
looking for tire cleaners specifically try Amazing Roll-Off.

Motionless
11-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Will wheel cleaners remove DP Sealant Glaze? Should I not use wheel cleaners after applying DP Sealant Glaze?

IOMCAMARO
11-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Yea. Wheel cleaners will remove any kind of protection on your wheels.