PDA

View Full Version : Which wheel cleaner?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Old Tiger
11-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Does Griot's work well on tires too, or should I get some APC with it?
ARO works best for wheels & tires IME.

mcpp66
11-16-2010, 10:21 PM
I use Wolfgang Tire and Wheel cleaner for my Camaro.

rwright
11-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Oooohhhhh! I think I just found my next wheel cleaner! Richard, this stuff works really good? You used it?

For your dollar DG offers some excellent and highly functional products so I assume this is no different. Great products for a great price! I didn't know they had a wheel cleaner. Thank you

Good point on the Optimum as well.

Based off of the old bottle that I acquired from a local NAPA auto parts store, I thought it was a very good wheel cleaner. I didn't leave it on like P21S. I think maybe 5 minutes at the most and it was very effective. The bottle I picked up was shaped just like most of the Wolfgang bottles except it was clear. All the pictures I have found of this stuff show black bottles like Aqua Wax. So I plan to order a brand new bottle and write a review. I just ordered a gallon of Power Clean for a repeat customer this weekend, engine clean up and a quick wash and re-seal the front clip, Duragloss Rain Repel for the glass.

IOMCAMARO
11-16-2010, 10:36 PM
rwright would you suggest Griot's or Duragloss?

rwright
11-16-2010, 10:43 PM
rwright would you suggest Griot's or Duragloss?

Honestly I haven't used Griot's, but Corey has. :o Some wheel cleaners that I have found effective that won't break the bank:

Meguiar's All Wheel Cleaner - pink/purple bottle
Mothers Foaming All Wheel Cleaner
Duragloss All Wheel Cleaner

A little more expensive, DP Wheel Cleaner.

With the promotion matching, you can get the Duragloss very cheap and I highly doubt you will be disappointed. In fact, you should pick up both Duragloss and Griot's and write a review for us!

IOMCAMARO
11-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Well since I'm a teenager, I have to be able to find it around here. I can't order anything yet, but I have a Griot's dealer about 30 minutes from me. And of course there are a ton of Napas everywhere. So I'll try to do this soon. It might have to wait for Christmas break lol so I actually can order some stuff and then I'll do a big review. I'm planning on ordering the Daytona Wheel Brush and a some of other things. :) My dad thinks I'm nuts for all of the detailing stuff that I already have haha. I have a black and decker cabinet full and then some.

Munich77
11-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Meguire's WB is awesome but it is nasty stuff. I am wondering if some of the milder cleaners combined with routine Iron-X use would be the best way to go (I am suffering from severe wheel dust on my car).

Toymachine2009
11-16-2010, 11:22 PM
surprised no one mentioned Sonax. I just tried it and love it. I believe its biodegradable and safe on all finished yet super strong and eats that brake dust right up

Niele
11-16-2010, 11:28 PM
surprised no one mentioned Sonax...

Well, that is becuase the OP said the following:

...isn't very expensive either. That rules Sonax out...

But, I agree with you -- sonax does work well

prestigedetail
11-17-2010, 05:04 AM
I would recommend Swissvax Wheel, you do have to dilute it. I see you say you're only a teenager, so can't order things, but thought i'd recommend it incase you have a Swissvax near you :-)

Mike T
11-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Amazing Roll-Off (http://www.autogeek.net/amazingrolloff.html) is great for $25 per gallon.

I love this stuff.

baddna3
11-17-2010, 12:00 PM
For the price give Mothers All Wheel a try.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Are you going to be using the wheel cleaner just for your camaro, or detailing others cars as well?

If you can get Griot's locally, and if you clean your wheels every week, get the Griot's wheel cleaner! I've used it, and it's great for wheels that aren't heavily soiled.

IOMCAMARO
11-17-2010, 04:41 PM
It will be for my Camaro and our other cars, some of the other cars we have are bad. Will Griot's remove them or will I have to use an acidy cleaner for them?

intmdt8r
11-17-2010, 04:46 PM
I use the Griots Wheel Cleaner and love it. Plus, it has a nice smell to boot! Another one i just tried and is also safe is Mothers All-Wheel Cleaner. Lots of foaming action and took everything right off. Hope this helps?