PDA

View Full Version : So i'm done with detailing

Pages : [1] 2

Neothin
08-06-2006, 11:05 AM
I finished my last paid job friday morning before going off to school. Just a regular customer that was getting a weekly wash. My life feels so empty now :(

on a more positive note, a scion owner up in orlando has given me permission to go wash my car whenever i want once I'm up there. He just wants his xB washed whenever I do my car which i think is perfectly fair. ya! No dirty tC in orlando!

texasdan
08-06-2006, 11:12 AM
All hope is not lost. Put up an ad in your dorm or some gathering place. Find a place that will let you use a water hose, and go to it. Mechanics garages that don't do washing are good for this. Or, just call the old customers and tell them that its weekends only now, if you come home on the weekends.

ScottB
08-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Im telling you .... a hose and a spigot handle are very cheap insurance to keeping a car clean. Late night washing is fun, especially with a couple of school girls and some car soap. Seriously .... good luck at school and do us a favor and get an education.

texasdan
08-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Just remember beer and cars don't mix, even if you are not driving. Drunks are scratchy dingy people.

I still wash at night, but the women are gone.

I don't think Meghan would like this post.

abrcrombe
08-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Well good luck with school Neo. Too bad you won't be making the cash you did while detailing! Maybe you will somehow find a way to squeeze it in.

dengood1
08-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Beer, chicks, and school work will keep you too busy for detailing!! Not necessarily in that order;) In all seriousness, good luck in school. Put your education first and it will pay dividends after you graduate.....but have fun too. You only get to go to college once, so study just enough to make sure you pass, and party just enough not to get arrested:righton:

Good luck!

FloridaNative
08-06-2006, 02:52 PM
All hope is not lost. Put up an ad in your dorm or some gathering place. Find a place that will let you use a water hose, and go to it. Mechanics garages that don't do washing are good for this. Or, just call the old customers and tell them that its weekends only now, if you come home on the weekends.

Good advice!! Good luck in school Harrison! Make us proud and please stay away from the girls until after school! (the serious relationships anyway) You'll thank me later! :) I wish you all the best and that you won't be "edumicated" by a professor like Scooter! lol J/K Scooter!! We love you!!! MUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Surfer
08-06-2006, 04:16 PM
I wish you all the best and that you won't be "edumicated" by a professor like Scooter! lol J/K Scooter!! MUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!Or you'll turn out like me:D . Good luck, I graduated last year, goes by way too fast:(

Reddwarf
08-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Good luck in school. Work hard. What is your major?

Neothin
08-06-2006, 09:26 PM
mechanical engineeering. i've got 5+ years up in orlando ahead of me.

going for the masters in 1 sitting!

i would get a removable spigot handle, but alas, the apartment doesnt even have a water hookup. as i said though, a member of my scion club said i could use his house whenever.

I am bringing some essentials with me though so i might be able to fit something in there once in a while.
foam gun
herd of sheep i'm gonna keep in the agriculture field (i've decided to start to make my own mitts)
soap
QD
PC
polishing + light cutting pads
AIO
RMG
max wax
krystal vision
endurance
APC
interior surface protectant
meg's QID
assorted towels

I think that's it. I've filled 1 of my large clear plastic bins and my wash buckets (i'm bring 2 stacked together) and i'm going to keep it in my closet.

FloridaNative
08-06-2006, 09:30 PM
[quote=Neothin]mechanical engineeering. i've got 5+ years up in orlando ahead of me.

going for the masters in 1 sitting!

i would get a removable spigot handle, but alas, the apartment doesnt even have a water hookup. as i said though, a member of my scion club said i could use his house whenever.

I am bringing some essentials with me though so i might be able to fit something in there once in a while.
foam gun
herd of sheep i'm gonna keep in the agriculture field (i've decided to start to make my own mitts)

Too funny! Ay Neo, I hope you'll still make it on to the forums from time to time! I'm going to miss you!!!:( Don't forget about us here. Good luck in school.

Meghan
08-07-2006, 07:28 AM
What you cant stop by and say goodbye to your favorite neighbor??
Well my truck will miss you, might have to actually get out there and take care of it myself now!;)
Good luck in school I am sure I will see you racing around the neighbor on the weekends.

snomon1017
08-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Good luck in school. Keep in mind though, if you're planning to go on to graduate (or professional - law, medicine, engineering, etc) school, GPA is EVERYTHING!!!!!!! Pay close attention to selecting and getting to know your teachers. Tests and projects are so much easier if you really know what the teacher expects. If you put even a fraction of the OCD you put to detailing into studying, you'll do great.

ScottB
08-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Good luck in school. Keep in mind though, if you're planning to go on to graduate (or professional - law, medicine, engineering, etc) school, GPA is EVERYTHING!!!!!!! Pay close attention to selecting and getting to know your teachers. Tests and projects are so much easier if you really know what the teacher expects. If you put even a fraction of the OCD you put to detailing into studying, you'll do great.

I dont agree , well not AFTER school is done. Nobody ever asks for anything more than the paper. Show me the degree, and then you make the $$$.

Surfer
08-07-2006, 04:58 PM
I dont agree , well not AFTER school is done. Nobody ever asks for anything more than the paper. Show me the degree, and then you make the $$$.Agree, first of all the way they calculate GPA is dumb. You can be doing good, get one or two bad grades and have it drop. Well lets say you continue doing good from there for a couple years, all A's etc, it ends up barely affecting your GPA. I graduated with a 2.99998 or something like that, and it was freshman year that I messed up a little, did good all the other years and the GPA stayed basically the same from sophmore year even with extra summer classes.