PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Wax GRAPHENE Flex Wax

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ronki
12-05-2020, 10:19 AM
Have you guys seen it?

They claimed that they use actual graphene, not just graphene oxide.

Klasse Act
12-05-2020, 10:59 AM
I just watched Pan's video on it and I DID hear him say PURE graphine. I also watched his interview with David Guiterez from 303 and he said pure graphene was difficult to use here. So my question is this, did TW break the code or was this a slip of the tongue? I mean, it happens and I'm not bashing Pan here. Also he reported this product is stand alone, a topper AND can be used as a spray on, wash off product as well...WOW! I'm looking forward to seeing Brian from Apex Detailing and his review, would love to see these other uses first hand. I'm glad to see that Pan did all the recommended steps BEFORE applying this new product as well[emoji362][emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ronki
12-05-2020, 11:07 AM
Yeah, and it's not dark/gray compared to other graphene oxide products, too.

Currently have two bottles of the ceramic spray wax. Might use them quick enough to justify me getting this one.

FUNX650
12-05-2020, 11:59 AM
•Graphene: :sigh :

-Reminds me of when all sorts of
comestibles were being infused
with “bacon flavor”...

Bob

Klasse Act
12-05-2020, 12:05 PM
•Graphene: :sigh :

-Reminds me of when all sorts of
comestibles were being infused
with “bacon flavor”...

BobYeah...its raining graphene [emoji3526]

BudgetPlan1
12-05-2020, 04:04 PM
Yeah...its raining graphene [emoji3526]

Sent from my SM-G950U using TapatalkWell, it's raining something anyway, just not sure it's graphene. Especially when the first cloud in the sky is Pan the Advertiser.

Klasse Act
12-05-2020, 04:37 PM
Well, it's raining something anyway, just not sure it's graphene. Especially when the first cloud in the sky is Pan the Advertiser.Well, to be fair Brian from Apex wasn't too far behind him reviewing their 1 step compound from this line and it works based on the pad your using[emoji848] Now I don't polish too many cars but I know it's a combo of grit in the polish and/or compound AND the pad, not to mention technique and machine. I hope PT Barnum hasn't come back from the grave here[emoji849]

briarpatch
12-05-2020, 05:56 PM
This product sounds a lot like 3D One....would be interesting to see a side by side of them

The Guz
12-05-2020, 06:11 PM
These products will sell very well. Turtle Wax has the right hype men to generate sales for them. Prime opportunity to cash in on the graphene buzzword.

Interesting to note on the TW instagram video they states it prevents water spots because of the high contact angle. Lets see how that works since silica coatings have high contact angles. Its more of the polymers doing that actual anti-water spotting task.

rick100
12-05-2020, 10:40 PM
Well, to be fair Brian from Apex wasn't too far behind him reviewing their 1 step compound from this line and it works based on the pad your using[emoji848] Now I don't polish too many cars but I know it's a combo of grit in the polish and/or compound AND the pad, not to mention technique and machine. I hope PT Barnum hasn't come back from the grave here[emoji849]

doesn't 3d work on the same principle, pad dependent? ... as a matter of fact I spoke to CARPRO before about essence and they also said its pad dependent . I m sure there is more to it , but I was always under the impression that all these in one products are mainly pad dependent.

rick100
12-05-2020, 10:48 PM
Well, it's raining something anyway, just not sure it's graphene. Especially when the first cloud in the sky is Pan the Advertiser.

why the hate on pan?... He tries the products he reviews on his channel and shows you the end results, so you can see the end result. He does not do many hardcore testing like other channels, but he is also very clear what the manufacturer claims are and what he has seen ( one example was beadmaker, when he clearly said the product is not durable )

Not sure which product he over hyped , but I ve seen his end of the year awards and I really do not see any over hype products. Cquartz , tac system, kamikaze , turtle products are all there. Also if you see his last 3 years awards, many of the products have disappear and new ones have come in. I ve seen other popular channels and the products on pans awards are also very praised on those channels and online forums ... Yes i ve been reading quite a big lately and seeing too many videos

The products pan praises are usually the products people are recommending here anyways...

The products pan praises are not different from other youtubers like apex, miranda detailing, forensic detailing , jimbo , sandro to some degree, obsessed garage ...

If anything ISOTERIC channel is more bias towards kamikaze products lol , those guys do great work but they advertised the crap out of kamikaze products. Makes you feel that if you do not use kamikaze you are nothing

BudgetPlan1
12-05-2020, 11:26 PM
why the hate on pan?... He tries the products he reviews on his channel and shows you the end results, so you can see the end result. He does not do many hardcore testing like other channels, but he is also very clear what the manufacturer claims are and what he has seen ( one example was beadmaker, when he clearly said the product is not durable )

Not sure which product he over hyped , but I ve seen his end of the year awards and I really do not see any over hype products. Cquartz , tac system, kamikaze , turtle products are all there. Also if you see his last 3 years awards, many of the products have disappear and new ones have come in. I ve seen other popular channels and the products on pans awards are also very praised on those channels and online forums ... Yes i ve been reading quite a big lately and seeing too many videos

The products pan praises are usually the products people are recommending here anyways...

The products pan praises are not different from other youtubers like apex, miranda detailing, forensic detailing , jimbo , sandro to some degree, obsessed garage ...

If anything ISOTERIC channel is more bias towards kamikaze products lol , those guys do great work but they advertised the crap out of kamikaze products. Makes you feel that if you do not use kamikaze you are nothingManufacturers and vendors promoting their products is a know quantity with a transparent motive, aka Advertsing.

What Pan often indulges in is generally thought to be less than purely objective due to outside influence$.

rick100
12-05-2020, 11:51 PM
Manufacturers and vendors promoting their products is a know quantity with a transparent motive, aka Advertsing.

What Pan often indulges in is generally thought to be less than purely objective due to outside influence$.

so which product are we referring here ? ... I seen pan doing reviews on many products from different vendors. I 've seen the "awards" and I do not see a particular manufacturer taking all of them.

I would assume if someone was very bias , you would not see other manufacturers being review or promoted on his channel.

Is there a product/ products that he has particularly promoted that would make you think he is not been very objective?

I haven't watch all of his videos , but I have seen the end of the year awards on his channel , where he chooses the best products he has tried on different categories and to be honest with you , the products he is choosing are also very praised on other channels , forums , even over in this forum.

The only product that I had my doubts on was the last coat winning on 2 different categories. However the last coat v2 has been praised on other channels , including sandro and jimbo ( highly regarded on these forums ) . The last coat black ice seems to be the question mark for me , but again the people talking bad about it are people that never tried the product, so they have no credibiity to me at least, if you havent tried it then you can really say its bad , while the people praising it on youtube or forums ( the few i ve seen) are people that actually used the product. So far the very few threads on black ice from people using the product have been very positive. Aside from the last coat, the other products he chooses as his favorites are not really bad products.

I m guessing you are referring to turtle wax products?. I m not sure I can agree there, those turtle wax products are praised on every forum I ve been on , reddit, youtube , etc etc etc. I m even thinking of shifting to turtle wax, people seem to love them and I m trying hard to keep buying the most expensive products haha

john b
12-05-2020, 11:58 PM
after a while its pretty transparent who is getting paid to hype and who isnt. no doubt couple mentioned are getting paid.they have a habit of putting out videos at the same time.

rick100
12-06-2020, 12:09 AM
after a while its pretty transparent who is getting paid to hype and who isnt. no doubt couple mentioned are getting paid.they have a habit of putting out videos at the same time.

Lets assumed they are getting paid to promote the products and to put them in their best products awards etc etc etc. If the products were really bad , wouldn't the consumers using them review them and say they are not good products.

This brings me back to my original question , which product he has over hype or praised is really bad?. I ve seen his choices for best products for the past 3 years and the names he is throwing around are the same names the consumers online ( forums , reddit, etc) are also praising and recommending. I ve see him awarding the same names that I see here often can coat, tax system moon light, cquartz , kamikaze overcoat, turtle wax seal and shine , eraser, gyeon prep , powerlock, collonite, shinne wax, blackfire , beadmaker., etc. Something is not making sense here.

could you mention the ones he had on his awards that were bad products ?. The good products get pretty repetitive to be honest with you . I have not seen pan promoting products that are really bad so far. But I have not seen all of his videos. But his end of the year awards to me is pretty accurate , give it or take, its not going to be perfect, everyone has their own preferences, but the top names seem to be pretty repetitive everywhere

And I have seen products do great on one channel and horrible on a different channel. I have seen the great sandro comparing beadmaker to products costing 5 times as much and forgetting to mention the price of beadmaker , which I found a bit shady . Cost of product should be included when comparing products to me .