PDA

View Full Version : Best SIO2 infused wash soap?

Pages : [1] 2

Cruzscarwash
11-01-2019, 05:08 AM
Looking for suggestions for sio2 infused soaps for a foam Cannon.

Cheapest option?

Best bang for the buck?

Highest quality?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

acuRAS82
11-01-2019, 10:07 AM
How much SiO2 infusion do you want? Mckees SiO2 wash is a bargain but only lays down very little SiO2, not enough to be considered protection. Trace amounts.

WG SiO2 Wash is awesome but pricey. Angelwax Enigma Wash is also good but also fairly pricey ~$23 per 500ml)

FUNX650
11-01-2019, 10:10 AM
Looking for suggestions for sio2
infused soaps for a foam Cannon.

Cheapest option?

Best bang for the buck?

Highest quality?

•Some may be of higher quality than others;
-but they’ve all got a higher price point than
I’m ever, willingly, going to spring for.

Bob

acuRAS82
11-01-2019, 10:16 AM
•Some may be of higher quality than others;
-but they’ve all got a higher price point than
I’m ever, willingly, going to spring for.

Bob
We know, Bob.

DMiglio
11-01-2019, 10:28 AM
Cruz-why are you looking to do this? Are you looking to do this every time or every few washes?

If every time I’d go for what’s most economical and that may be the Mckees option, if every month or so I’d maybe steer towards the Wolfgang option. AFAIK, the Mckees only restores the shine and surface of the coating with its SI02 infusion where the WG actually provides that and protection. Mckees is very sun friendly, WG is the exact opposite.

FUNX650
11-01-2019, 10:48 AM
We know, Bob.

•Let it also be known that, as far
as I’m concerned:

-If an LSP can not stand on its own accord,
then it should meet: “a fate worse than death”!

:)

Bob

Bobby B.
11-01-2019, 10:59 AM
The new Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash has been the best one that I've tried. If you're going to be using this product in a foam cannon I would recommend adding some Blackfire Foam Booster.

Wolfgang ber SiO2 Coating Wash (https://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-sio2-coating-wash.html)

BLACKFIRE Foam Booster, foaming booster shampoo (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-foam-booster.html)

bofh
11-01-2019, 11:12 AM
The McKees SiO2 soap can be used in full sun. That makes it by far the best, in my opinion. I don't dare use the Wolfgang outside of a garage, much less full sun.

Cruzscarwash
11-01-2019, 11:22 AM
All,

McKees is an option I looked at but as some have said no real sio2 protection but it is sun friendly which is a great plus.

Wolf gang I've also considered and at 3 0z a go if be looking at what? $3.80 per use for a gallon.

Surprised hydrofoam hasn't been brought up

Dr Oldz
11-01-2019, 01:16 PM
Wolfgang is awesome and lays down some serious protection. I would not suggest it in a foam with a foam booster tho as above. You don’t want it to dry or get it’s dilution messed up.

HydroFoam is good but only good for a foam gun of sorts. To use it in a bucket method, you use a lot of product.

The new turtle wax hybrid looks worthy of trying also.

Tac system makes one also but I haven’t tried it.

McKees isn’t anything special IMO.

Cruzscarwash
11-01-2019, 04:59 PM
Wolfgang is awesome and lays down some serious protection. I would not suggest it in a foam with a foam booster tho as above. You don’t want it to dry or get it’s dilution messed up.

HydroFoam is good but only good for a foam gun of sorts. To use it in a bucket method, you use a lot of product.

The new turtle wax hybrid looks worthy of trying also.

Tac system makes one also but I haven’t tried it.

McKees isn’t anything special IMO.So your saying to not use WG in a foam Cannon?

Dr Oldz
11-01-2019, 08:27 PM
So your saying to not use WG in a foam Cannon?

Correct. Use CarPro HydroFoam is you want to use a foam cannon.

Cruzscarwash
11-01-2019, 08:32 PM
Correct. Use CarPro HydroFoam is you want to use a foam cannon.So how long would you say a 5 gallon bucket of WG last if used daily on 2 cars a day?

Dr Oldz
11-01-2019, 10:45 PM
160 or 320 days depending if you use the same wash solution for both vehicles or not......

acuRAS82
11-02-2019, 02:58 AM
Just throwing it out there because it is a SiO2 infused wash: PA Glasscoat Shampoo. The price is obscene, 16oz costs $70 and 3oz is directed per 5 gallons! But it meets your criteria, albeit probably the worst value that will be discussed in this thread. I would take WG over this in a heartbeat, as it makes WG a bargain.