PDA

View Full Version : Interior & Carpet Cleaners

Pages : [1] 2 3

Smokindiesel
01-22-2008, 06:37 PM
I notice that a lot of you guys are using an APC for cleaning carpets and such ... What are you guys diluting it to? ... I am thinking of using Megs APC or Purple Power

Also ... Do you guys just keep it in a spray bottle? ... And spray down the carpets etc ... Agitate with a brush ... Then rinse then vac?

mixxer
01-22-2008, 06:53 PM
i use folex cut 2 to 1 then And spray down the carpets etc ... Agitate with a brush ... then vac .

Smokindiesel
01-22-2008, 06:58 PM
After you spray with whatever product & agitate ... Do you rinse with the hose? ... Then vac?

ScottB
01-22-2008, 07:01 PM
I use Folex and Wolfgang Spot Remover... full strength.

mixxer
01-22-2008, 07:40 PM
no rinse just vac thats why i use folex it leaves no residue.

Smokindiesel
01-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Nice ... So with folex ... Just spray down ... agitate ... then vac? ... Do you just spray enough to work into the carpet? ... Or saturate them?

I also see that AG dosn't carry Folex (at least I can't find it) ...
As far as Megs APC ... I really like the price ... With a product like that ... What would I want to dilute it to? ... also ... Does this product require a rinse (spray w/ hose) then vac?

Showroom Shine
01-22-2008, 11:40 PM
I probably need to go back to school on this one. I have Folex , a good apc, wet vac , plus an Aztec Heated extractor, and I still can't get the interior carpet to look like some of the guy's I see here. Like Mixxer, killrwheels,justin, to name a few . You guys make the carpets look new,and the stripes,really make it look so much cleaner. Help me out Guys and gals. Tell me the secret!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
01-22-2008, 11:45 PM
I probably need to go back to school on this one. I have Folex , a good apc, wet vac , plus an Aztec Heated extractor, and I still can't get the interior carpet to look like some of the guy's I see here. Like Mixxer, killrwheels,justin, to name a few . You guys make the carpets look new,and the stripes,really make it look so much cleaner. Help me out Guys and gals. Tell me the secret!

My Process:

Vacuum
Agitate with brush to dislodge loosen debri (this is very important)
Vacuum
Apply steam via steamer
Spray with cleaner of choice (get an enzyme cleaner for blood juice etc and a regular for general cleanin ala Folex)
Extract (shop vac works great)
use carpet brush attachment to creat stripes

Results can be seen below:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/10648-dgd-mazda-6-detail.html

supercharged
01-23-2008, 04:33 AM
I notice that a lot of you guys are using an APC for cleaning carpets and such ... What are you guys diluting it to? ... I am thinking of using Megs APC or Purple Power

Also ... Do you guys just keep it in a spray bottle? ... And spray down the carpets etc ... Agitate with a brush ... Then rinse then vac?
If you are looking for cost effective and safe carpet cleaner, try Megs APC+ (orange). This stuff works really well, it doesn't foam up. Cut it 1:10.

I wouldn't use it on leather though...vinyl - maybe, but not leather as it is a little too much for leather.

Good luck.

Showroom Shine
01-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Thanks alot Jason, I'll try your method. I'm very impressed with your work also!
Richard

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
01-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks alot Jason, I'll try your method. I'm very impressed with your work also!
Richard

No problem sir:D

Smokindiesel
01-23-2008, 05:45 PM
If you are looking for cost effective and safe carpet cleaner, try Megs APC+ (orange). This stuff works really well, it doesn't foam up. Cut it 1:10.

I wouldn't use it on leather though...vinyl - maybe, but not leather as it is a little too much for leather.

Good luck.

I dont see this APC+(orange) that everyone talks about ... the only one I see from megs on AG is the green megs apc

Tex Star Detail
01-23-2008, 06:11 PM
*cough* extractor *cough*
lol
jk

bill walsh
01-23-2008, 08:16 PM
i use my mytee extractor&my steamer with great results

killrflake
01-23-2008, 09:05 PM
I use Folex and Wolfgang Spot Remover... full strength.
Sorry for my stupidity but what is a folex?