Pages : 1 [2] 3

_M_
01-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Folex is an old school spot remover - try Home depot

Tex Star Detail
01-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Folex is an old school spot remover - try Home depot

ditto.

Home Depot and Lowes carries it up to gallon sizes.
Walmart carries the smaller spray bottles of it. Good stuff.

_M_
01-23-2008, 11:36 PM
folex - i have yet to really test it out but it seems so gentle and does a nice job.

i also have to say i love woolite/water mix 5:1 . i've been using the woolite for HE washers and i am amazed at its cleaning ability

Dieseldan
01-23-2008, 11:40 PM
i use folex also

dsms
01-24-2008, 03:58 PM
I just ordered 303 aerosppace cleaner and im going to use it as my carpet cleaner. What should be the diltution ratio to use it saftley as a solid carpet cleaner?

mixxer
01-24-2008, 04:42 PM
303 is a great APC also!

Smokindiesel
01-24-2008, 05:11 PM
I found folex today at Lowes ... I bought a gallon ... Should I cut folex to use it? ... Or can I use it straight?

I also bought a gallon of purple power ... (it was on sale) ... I figured I could use it for something ... So ... What can i use it for??? ... Also what should I cut it too?

dsms
01-24-2008, 05:20 PM
303 is a great APC also!
Im going to be using it as a carpet cleaner, wheel well degreaser and engine degreaser. I like versatility in a product.

Dieseldan
01-25-2008, 03:03 AM
I found folex today at Lowes ... I bought a gallon ... Should I cut folex to use it? ... Or can I use it straight?

I also bought a gallon of purple power ... (it was on sale) ... I figured I could use it for something ... So ... What can i use it for??? ... Also what should I cut it too?

I use it at full strength but woolite is my first cleaner if that deos not work i use folex

wiscTom
01-25-2008, 10:34 AM
I only had some spot cleaning to do recently, so I tried that new Woolite Portable Oxy Deep POD Cleaner ....

"It's disposable
It's safe to use on upholstery and carpets.
It's not recommended to be used on Vinyl, Silk, Velvet, or leather upholstery.

The Woolite Portable Oxy Deep Pod Cleaner is a cleaning tool all in one. It's plastic and measures 5 inches long, 3 1/2 inches tall and about 2 inches wide, and it fits comfortably in the palm of your hand. It comes with a Fabric safe brush that has small soft plastic fingers. A gentle soft cleaning pad for using on upholstery and a grooming tool that has plastic fingers also and is used to revitalize and bring up the fibers on carpets or upholstery.

The bottom of the cleaning pod also comes with a plastic cover that is used to snap on when the pod is not being used and is stored.

The cleaning fluid is in the top of the plastic pod, and is Oxygen-Activated so that it will remove tough and set in stains. The only thing is, that when the cleaning fluid is all used up, it cannot be refilled and and the whole Woolite Portable Cleaning pod has to be disposed of. I'm not too sure and I'm guessing here, but I think where the cleaning formula is stored on the pod it looks like it holds about 6 ounces of a Oxygen Activated cleaning formula."

It worked as advertised and was certainly convenient !

Tom

Jimmie
01-25-2008, 10:57 AM
I use it at full strength but woolite is my first cleaner if that deos not work i use folex

:iagree: ditto. Woolite 8:1; Folex on spots/stains.

_M_
01-25-2008, 12:01 PM
im so impressed with woolite!

i havent really tested folex but how does it work on old stains, i know it says it does on the bottle but i tried it on some old ink stain and didnt really cut it - ink might be too tough for anything??

time-2-shine
01-25-2008, 02:34 PM
For old ink stains i use zipo lighter fluid and a match... Just kiding of course but i am intrested to see what people are useing on ink as well....

Smokindiesel
01-25-2008, 04:01 PM
So no one used folex for reg. carpet cleaning?

Also ... What should I use purple power to clean? ... What should this be cut to?

mixxer
01-25-2008, 09:20 PM
i use folex for most my carpet cleaning because i dont have an extrator yet it leaves zero resisdue behind. If you use a shampoo or apc and dont get it all out the residue left bahind will atract more dirt ,so if you use APC or shampoo make sure you dont put it on too thick and rinse well. - i cut my folex 2 to 1 for cleaning and spot treat full strength . the only thing it wont touch is dyes and inks.