PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else order a Makita PO5000C?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

WRAPT C5Z06
05-27-2017, 08:39 AM
I should have it by the end of next week. Sucks living across the country from AG.

ScottH
05-27-2017, 08:42 AM
I am strongly considering it but not until I can order a spare backing plate and spare motor brushes.

ScottH

WRAPT C5Z06
05-27-2017, 08:49 AM
I am strongly considering it but not until I can order a spare backing plate and spare motor brushes.

ScottH
I would assume it comes with spare brushes.

DetailTrail
05-27-2017, 09:47 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170527/844ee3ee6cbc662f627b80e7736b65df.jpg

Might wait till reviews start coming in... Looks
tempting though.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Whitewater25
05-27-2017, 03:52 PM
I want to but am waiting for the Flex XCE & the new Rupes tools Mike tempted us with the pics of the other day. I don't NEED another machine but I like nice tools. Waiting til everyone has their cards,er machines on the table and will go from there. That & I hid my credit card from myself & forgot where I put it.

Aaryn NZ
05-27-2017, 04:14 PM
I should have it by the end of next week. Sucks living across the country from AG.

Congrats on the new polisher. :xyxthumbs: At least you are in the same country, spare a thought for me . . . I'm roughly another 6500 miles from you. Going by normal trends, I would imagine we won't see it down here (if at all) for at least another year. :dunno:

I suppose I don't really "need" another polisher but Makita make a solid tool, & ya can never have too many huh? The long awaited Flex XCE still grabs my interest, & the faultless service I have had from my 3401s over the years basically means my money is already spent there. The new Rupes Mille . . . Most likely I'm gonna want one of these too but I doubt I would be chomping at the bit for it, & if I had some spare cash then probably.

WRAPT C5Z06 - review? Please do. Roll on parcel arrival time. :dblthumb2:

Aaryn NZ.

VISITOR
05-27-2017, 07:12 PM
when/if mark decides to sell the makita (we'll know if he likes it within a few days) i got first dibs LOL... :D

PaulMys
05-27-2017, 07:23 PM
when/if mark decides to sell the makita (we'll know if he likes it within a few days) i got first dibs LOL... :D

Lol

I was just reading about the Makita. I love the fact you can switch from free floating to forced rotation. That's bad-ass.

robwoodgto
05-27-2017, 09:17 PM
Lol

I was just reading about the Makita. I love the fact you can switch from free floating to forced rotation. That's bad-ass.

When would you ever have the need to switch between the two options?
Ron

PaulMys
05-27-2017, 09:30 PM
When would you ever have the need to switch between the two options?
Ron

For me personally on my Ram, I would welcome the forced rotation on the large panels that a truck has.

Conversely, I would welcome the random orbit or "free floating" as I describe it on the many contours of my hood, front bumper & grille, etc.

Just my 2 pennies. I'm not a pro detailer. I only do my truck and the wife's Wrangler. Don't even get me started on the Wrangler and it's obstacles. Lol

robwoodgto
05-27-2017, 09:40 PM
For me personally on my Ram, I would welcome the forced rotation on the large panels that a truck has.

Conversely, I would welcome the random orbit or "free floating" as I describe it on the many contours of my hood, front bumper & grille, etc.

Just my 2 pennies. I'm not a pro detailer. I only do my truck and the wife's Wrangler. Don't even get me started on the Wrangler and it's obstacles. Lol

I agree. Especially on the contours of the hood on so many vehicles. I really do like the idea of a forced rotation and had I known a few months ago what I know now I would have bought the Flex 3401 to begin with.
Ron

WRAPT C5Z06
05-27-2017, 09:44 PM
LMBO..you know me all too well!!!

Congrats on the new polisher. :xyxthumbs: At least you are in the same country, spare a thought for me . . . I'm roughly another 6500 miles from you. Going by normal trends, I would imagine we won't see it down here (if at all) for at least another year. :dunno:

I suppose I don't really "need" another polisher but Makita make a solid tool, & ya can never have too many huh? The long awaited Flex XCE still grabs my interest, & the faultless service I have had from my 3401s over the years basically means my money is already spent there. The new Rupes Mille . . . Most likely I'm gonna want one of these too but I doubt I would be chomping at the bit for it, & if I had some spare cash then probably.

WRAPT C5Z06 - review? Please do. Roll on parcel arrival time. :dblthumb2:

Aaryn NZ.
LOL...ok, I'm not complaining about the distance anymore.

I'm a huge forced rotation junkie. This Makita fixes two issues I have with the 3401: it spins clockwise and it spins faster. If it spun counterclockwise, I wouldn't have bought it. I think the clockwise motion will really help the comfort level.

You're awesome, Aaryn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DETAILROOKIE
05-27-2017, 09:49 PM
LMBO..you know me all too well!!!

LOL...ok, I'm not complaining about the distance anymore.

I'm a huge forced rotation junkie. This Makita fixes two issues I have with the 3401: it spins clockwise and it spins faster. If it spun counterclockwise, I wouldn't have bought it. I think the clockwise motion will really help the comfort level.

You're awesome, Aaryn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking forward to reading your review! I have it in my cart and fighting myself not to buy it. If AG does a 20% off sale without restrictions, I'll be clicking that checkout button quicker than quick!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

rlmccarty2000
05-27-2017, 09:52 PM
I'm waiting on the new Rupes. A smoother, right way turning Flex 3401, got to have it.

cleanmycorolla
05-27-2017, 11:09 PM
Im thinking of ordering it. It looks real tempting. Plus I've been eyeing new tools.