PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else order a Makita PO5000C?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

GSKR
05-28-2017, 07:06 AM
Looks to bulky for tight areas like under the mirrors and such.Just by looking at it it seems to be great on flat panels roof trunk and hood.For 369.00 I will have to try before I buy.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-28-2017, 08:40 AM
I'm waiting on the new Rupes. A smoother, right way turning Flex 3401, got to have it.
The Makita turns clockwise like the Rupes. We'll see about smoothness.

Mike@ShineStruck
05-28-2017, 09:09 PM

I may have to reorder if makita online dealer didnt ship mine by tuesday and order here at AGO..
as for smoothness, its not going to be any noticeable difference between the two looking at stroke and OPM specs
cant base of the rupes videos as it wasn't full speed as you can see the dial saying number 3 to the left..which means it was most likely run on 4

VISITOR
05-28-2017, 11:16 PM
if it's true, i'm holding off for a few more months for the Flex 12mm DA if it comes out...

bodidly
05-29-2017, 12:07 AM
Going by normal trends, I would imagine we won't see it down here (if at all) for at least another year. :dunno:

Aaryn NZ.

Looks like we're getting the 6" Aaron.. https://sydneytools.com.au/makita-po6000c-900w-150mm-6-random-orbital-polisher

fightnews
05-29-2017, 04:24 AM
I dont understand the benefit of having the forced rotation to switch over to free spinning? Free spinning long throw machines have much larger orbits. Unless the makita has a larger throw in free spinning mode whats the point?

WRAPT C5Z06
05-29-2017, 04:56 AM
I dont understand the benefit of having the forced rotation to switch over to free spinning? Free spinning long throw machines have much larger orbits. Unless the makita has a larger throw in free spinning mode whats the point?
Forced rotation is very car able of heavy correction. The highest for mushed it has obtained with free spinning DA's. In the care you care me across soft paint, it'll be much better to finish with a free spin DA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fightnews
05-29-2017, 07:06 AM
Forced rotation is very car able of heavy correction. The highest for mushed it has obtained with free spinning DA's. In the care you care me across soft paint, it'll be much better to finish with a free spin DA

I'm guessing a lot of this was auto correct?

WRAPT C5Z06
05-29-2017, 05:55 PM

WRAPT C5Z06
05-29-2017, 05:58 PM
I'm guessing a lot of this was auto correct?
Whoa....LOL!!! Definitely auto correct. Normally, I proof read before submitting.

saturn2
05-29-2017, 08:38 PM
Whoa....LOL!!! Definitely auto correct. Normally, I proof read before submitting.

I thought it was either good times or all those deals lol.

dlc95
05-29-2017, 08:48 PM

Look to the sanding industry. They offer a variety of orbits. As the orbit size decreases, the finish becomes finer.

Sometimes the Flex 3401 is said to not finish so well on some paint types, with a certain type of polish/pad set up. It is in situations like that. Where the free spinning mode will allow for better finishing.

Personally, I always preferred to apply sealant with a random orbit tool, even if I used the forced rotation for the previous steps.

Salmonbum
05-29-2017, 08:50 PM
I have been using a rotary with wool pads on boats for yrs. Although they work, they are heavy and are too big to get into tight areas. Will this new forced rotation now give me the power to do gelcoat with wool/MF with the small size of a da?

WRAPT C5Z06
05-30-2017, 06:41 AM
Looks like we're getting the 6" Aaron.. https://sydneytools.com.au/makita-po6000c-900w-150mm-6-random-orbital-polisher
I hope they sell the 6" backing plate separately. I would want one of those.

Gustavo
06-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Which way does the 3401 rotate?