PDA

View Full Version : Best Interior APC Cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

willowcat11
04-25-2017, 05:51 PM
Sorry for asking a lot of questions lately guys. I'm just trying to get stocked up for this year. As for an interior Apc, what are you guys using and recommending.

Ive used Megs Apc(green) in the past, and just trying to figure out if I should just stick with that, or try something like Mckee's 37 interior all surface Cleaner, or whatever you guys recommend? I will be using this product on all the cars I detail over the summer and fall.

Thankyou all as always,

Ray

Coopers ST
04-25-2017, 06:13 PM
For lightly soiled interiors I use megs quik interior detailer, otherwise megs apc, I think it's blue.

van185
04-25-2017, 06:16 PM
I have tried numerous brands of APC in the past. Most all clean good with the proper use. I really like Megs for the price and cleaning abilities. You can mix it as strong as needed and a gallon really last a long time. I've had good luck with Poorboys, Blackfire, and Chemical Guys APC. But with that said Meg's is the one that I use most often due to price. I've not saw much dirt it won't clean and depending on the strength you mix it.

Rsurfer
04-25-2017, 06:32 PM
A little pricey, but safe on all interior including leather..Optimum Power Clean.

Setec Astronomy
04-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Sorry for asking a lot of questions lately guys. I'm just trying to get stocked up for this year. As for an interior Apc, what are you guys using and recommending.

Don't be sorry for asking questions.

As Rsurfer noted, OPC is a nice APC, a little pricey. In higher concentrations it's really good on greasy stuff, and dilute it way down for interiors.

UISG (Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel) used to get a lot of love here, in fact, some members nagged Meghan until she stocked it in gallons, but I never hear about it anymore. I didn't like the smell too much. Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel, interior cleaner, upholstery cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-interior-shampoo.html)

The McKee's you mentioned has also gotten excellent reviews. And as Coopers ST said, Meg's QID is good for a quick wipedown.

PaulMys
04-25-2017, 06:56 PM
Like Setec said, never apologize for questions here on AGO. God knows I've asked a million. Lol

I like Meg's as mentioned above, but have also tried Aerospace 303 and was quite impressed. Although it is a bit pricey as well.

willowcat11
04-25-2017, 07:03 PM
Thanku for the kind words guys! And for your suggestions as well!

Mantilgh
04-25-2017, 07:39 PM
I really like using D114 for light to medium interior cleaning and have used McKees N-914 for the same. I use another industrial type product that has similar dilution ratios for my stronger cleaner.

Power clean is nice.

McKee's 37 Hi-Intensity All Purpose Cleaner Plus is good too. I used to use it at 20:1 for light interior cleaning. It's a little foamy and does not leave streaks onsmooth glossy surfaces. Use it to clean glass too. I may go back to this after D114 is gone.

3D Orange 88 Degreaser for an APC with a little extra kick.

Edited/added
I've gone through 2 gallons of each of the above through the past year or two. Now I buy one APC(OTC), and basically just use it for wheels and tires.

gibson24
04-25-2017, 08:51 PM
Meg's ap Interior Cleaner +1

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

gibson24
04-25-2017, 08:52 PM
Megs blue window cleaner adds a nice smell to the interior to complement

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

ScottH
04-25-2017, 09:52 PM
I just got incredible results in the interior of tan colored leather with McKees APC at 4:1. Amazed at the results. Left the seats very supple as well - I did in fact apply interior protectant but wow the cleaning power was amazing yet did no damage to the leather.

ScottH

conman1395
04-25-2017, 09:54 PM
Look at my reply to your wheel and tire cleaner and you'll see I suggest Duragloss Ultimate Orange. It really baffles me nobody uses this stuff. It's Meguiar's APC with better cleaning abilities outside the interior. It's just as good inside the interior as anything else and it's RIDICULOUSLY cheap.

conman1395
04-25-2017, 09:58 PM
I just got incredible results in the interior of tan colored leather with McKees APC at 4:1. Amazed at the results. Left the seats very supple as well - I did in fact apply interior protectant but wow the cleaning power was amazing yet did no damage to the leather.

ScottH
I'm not going to ever use an interior cleaner with a 1:4 dilution unless it's specially designed for uncommon situations. I do too many interiors for such a poorly concentrated stock solution. I understand there are components that probably don't work well in stronger concentrations, but I've yet to experience anything that makes much of a difference.

willowcat11
04-25-2017, 10:26 PM
Is Mckee's 37 Total interior cleaner, made to be diluted, or is it supposed to be used just as is?

Thanku all!

ducksfan
04-26-2017, 02:44 AM
I don't like the results I've seen using APC's on interiors - too harsh. I would use a rinseless like D114 (M914 - I have it, but haven't tried it yet. So...?) or even WG Uber, if I was going inexpensive. Otherwise, it's hard to beat an AIO like McKee's Fast Interior Detailer. Wipe everything down; hit the areas that need extra cleaning; rewipe those areas.