autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harbor Freight DA Polisher - New

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I searched all over HF's website and their Sept. add circular for an $80.00 DA. And cod find none. All I found were some $50.00 rotaries and those cheapo plastic wax spreaders. They did have an air powered DA/orbital for $50.00 that looked like it was so-so. I couldn't find an October circular on the intranet. I'm curious to see this DA.
    It's in the October circular which I received yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like
    My rule of thumb with them is if it has a cord or a motor, I stay away. I may expand that to include any moving parts. I am not a knowledgable enough engineer to spot crap from 'will work'.

No electrons were harmed in the production of this post via Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I find most things from HF to be disposable, might work once or twice but not the quality of other brands. With a buffer save a little more as many are available for just over a benjamin.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe their air tools are different but I built that whole garage in my other post with a HF framing nailer. THENNNNNN so did my neighbor build his 2 car. He originally borrowed both mine and his other friends DEWALT and after 1 day told his friend he could take the dewalt back with him.

I figured it this way... if I need to buy 2 of the HF ones to build my garage then I still spent less than buying ONE name branded one!! Been using it for lotsa projects over the 6 years and couple others have borrowed it and loved it. I dont know why so many people hate their products. Same goes for my trusty rotary I got a loooong time ago from HF. Never had one single problem with it and it even came with some NEW Brushes just incase!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Maybe their air tools are different but I built that whole garage in my other post with a HF framing nailer. THENNNNNN so did my neighbor build his 2 car. He originally borrowed both mine and his other friends DEWALT and after 1 day told his friend he could take the dewalt back with him.

I figured it this way... if I need to buy 2 of the HF ones to build my garage then I still spent less than buying ONE name branded one!! Been using it for lotsa projects over the 6 years and couple others have borrowed it and loved it. I dont know why so many people hate their products. Same goes for my trusty rotary I got a loooong time ago from HF. Never had one single problem with it and it even came with some NEW Brushes just incase!!!
    You either work for HF or you have a lot of stock.

Post Thanks / Like

or he is easy on tools. Ive had friends have super cheapo tools last a lifetime, and had others completely destroy high end stuff. Its all in how you treat it.

Would i buy HF stuff if i was a mechanic or builder of some sort....not in your life. Now, would i buy it for personal use for extras and stuff i dont need all thaat often, definitely. Why pay a ton for something you very rarely use?

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've read on here some of the Porter Cable and Griot's polishers have failed as well. I had a new Griots fail right out of the box. I have read about Porter Cable failures on here too.

I guess you can't always judge quality by price now can you?
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezriderga View Post
    From what I've read on here some of the Porter Cable and Griot's polishers have failed as well. I had a new Griots fail right out of the box. I have read about Porter Cable failures on here too.

I guess you can't always judge quality by price now can you?
    My first PC XP died after 4 cars. The replacement spreads wax. My Griot's feels like it is finally starting to slow down, so I may replace the brushes to see if it helps. I am in the market for a new machine.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    My first PC XP died after 4 cars. The replacement spreads wax. My Griot's feels like it is finally starting to slow down, so I may replace the brushes to see if it helps. I am in the market for a new machine.
    Richard, try the Cyclo, It far exceeded my expectations! Much more power than I expected!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

10. Thanks Dan R thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harbor Freight DA Polisher - Newj

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    You either work for HF or you have a lot of stock.
    NEITHER! Just a real life testamony. Just cause its opposite of ur opinion doesnt make it bad. Ur not the end all be all ur just one guy (maybe with alot of others like u) that has an opinion. Ur entitled to it so am I.

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast