autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Next Competition Ready class - May 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th

Quote Originally Posted by wing commander View Post
    Have you ever been to one of Mikes classes? I wish I can go one day.
    yes i have attend two classes last year and i attend the jan 2016 and im attending the may class 2016 and the sept 2016 class as i can never get enough i love the show car garage!!

Post Thanks / Like

That is great to hear you have such fun with your time at the classes. Sounds like you are very smart to do something that you receive lots of enjoyment from. I hope you can have a blast every time you attend.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by LittleKing24 View Post

signed up. can't wait!

Congratulations! You're going to have a blast, learn a LOT and make some cool new friends!

Just posted today, 2 of the cars we'll be working on for Friday.

1959 Cadillac = Training Car for the May 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class!

1963 Chevy Impala = Training Car for the May 2016 Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wing commander View Post
    That is great to hear you have such fun with your time at the classes. Sounds like you are very smart to do something that you receive lots of enjoyment from. I hope you can have a blast every time you attend.
    i took me a while but now that im here i can just inspire others the same as others have inspired me.. keep coming back it works. and thank you for you kind words hope to meet and see you soon !!!!1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by axel06 View Post
    awsome your gunna have a blast !!! and you wont be able to put the down

May 6th can't come fast enough. I'll see you there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleKing24 View Post
    May 6th can't come fast enough. I'll see you there!
    yes sir you can count on that

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, is having the IDA SV Certification test going to happen after every Compitition Ready class from now on or is this a one off deal? As an IDA member I would like to be a part of the certification process but as you well know . . . I have a long way to come.

What an amazing opportunity for us detailer folk, a three day class & the chance to become a Skills Validated IDA member!

Lets hope the airfares keep dropping!

Aaryn NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    Mike, is having the IDA SV Certification test going to happen after every Compitition Ready class from now on or is this a one off deal? As an IDA member I would like to be a part of the certification process but as you well know . . . I have a long way to come.

What an amazing opportunity for us detailer folk, a three day class & the chance to become a Skills Validated IDA member!

Aaryn NZ.
    thats awsome, you are coming to the class the knowledge you gain is priceless, as far as the IDA - SV you can always check the theida.com for info on the SV, i will be at detail fest and ill see if the ida has something with other dates for the SV so keep checking. looking foward to meeting you..

Mike Phillips

Mike, is having the IDA SV Certification test going to happen after every Competition Ready class from now on or is this a one off deal?
    Yes.

As an IDA member I would like to be a part of the certification process but as you well know . . . I have a long way to come.

Aaryn NZ.

What is the average airfare from New Zealand to Florida? My guess is you fly into Miami?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by axel06 View Post
    thats awsome, you are coming to the class the knowledge you gain is priceless, as far as the IDA - SV you can always check the theida.com for info on the SV, i will be at detail fest and ill see if the ida has something with other dates for the SV so keep checking. looking foward to meeting you..
    Sorry mate, I wasn't so clear on writing that. Unfortunately I will not be attending this class no matter how much I want to. I am an "Alumni" of Mike's 2015 January Boot Camp class & plan to return in the future for more. The IDA SV certification would be a bonus while I'm there. Being that the 8000+ mile journey one way to get to Florida alone, isn't the cheapest exercise I doubt it can happen this year. Would be great to meet you though Axel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Yes.
    What is the average airfare from New Zealand to Florida? My guess is you fly into Miami?

Thats pretty cool & another BIG draw-card for me to get back to sunny Stuart for another class. As I understand it, I can do the CD certification online but the SV I at least have to travel a few thousand miles to participate?

Umm, when we came over in January last year we were supposed to fly into LA, then across to Fort Lauderdale but had a stop in Dallas but I think (if I remember correctly) return flights all up from NZ to Florida & back again (excluding travel by road to Stuart) was roughly around $2500.00 NZ. At the time our dollar was worth about 87 cents US. At the moment I think our dollar is sitting at around 65 cents US.

I'm not sure how expensive domestic airfares are over there but flights from NZ to Houston can be as low as $400.00 NZ . . . Just have to walk the rest I guess.

I said to you at the Marriot on the Suday night that I would be back Mike & I plan to do just that. Hasn't been an easy ride since returning from Boot Camp & it seems every light at the end of the tunnel turns out to be another damn train! But hey, we keep truckin' along!

Aaryn NZ.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast