autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE Wash and Wax by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Dilution ratio should matter. It’s not the price per oz some people are interested in, it’s price per wash.
    A shampoo may be .50 cents an oz at 1 oz per gallon dilution costing 2.50 per wash compared to a wash that is .75 cents an ounce but only requires 1 oz per 5 gallon thus being .75 cents a wash. Follow me? Some people are thrifty and need to budget. Personally I use what I like.
    Thats why I find it hard to justify something other than a product as concentrated as Hyper Wash.

Admittedly, I don’t traditional wash very often. So price really doesn’t factor in as much for me.. but I just can’t help but be value oriented when I’m shopping.

Ive just never tried a car wash that really blew me away. Most seem to work on the usual stuff like dirt and grime, whereas some bugs and tar ends up potentially needing a pretreat of some kind.

I’m just an all around value shopper in most instances when it comes to consumable items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE Wash and Wax by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post

nice review mike. Would have liked to have seen some before pics of the dirty car and how she was beading prior to the application.

Well the car was dirty. Had not been washed for around 3 months. I'm pretty good at not only taking pictures but just look at the volume of pictures I post to this forum, not just "attach" at a tiny thumbnail, but in focus, cropped to show the meat of the topic and then resized to 800 pixels wide so no one has to horizontal scroll.

If I could have captured the "dirty car look" on metallic gold paint I would have taken the picture but it really doesn't show up on film. This is also why when someone that does NOT want to detail their car asks me what color to buy I tell them beige or gold because these colors don't show dirt like other colors. And it is this same reason your eyes have a harder time seeing that these colors are dirty that the camera doesn't show it.

But yeah.... please take my word for it and my almost 40,000 posts and thousands of pictures that --> the car was in fact dirty and covered in road film as it's been raining here a lot.

Don't know what Road Film is? Click the link below and read my article and look at the pictures, it will all make sense then...

Road Film - If you drive your car in the rain your car has road film

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post

I assume you can't use this in a foam gun?

I like to apply the foam let stand for a bit to help with bugs and grime. then 2 bucket wash.
    I did not try it in a foam gun, there's already a dedicated product for that and I showed in in the first picture of this review.

I almost always wash our cars with a foam gun and when I do I use the BLACKFIRE Foam Soap. I only used the new Car Wash to experience it first hand and write this review. (plus my car was really dirty so I was able to use my job to get a free car wash)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12