autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Flex Tool XFE 7 - 15mm Long Stroke Free Spinning Orbital Polisher

I get this isn't something to be too excited about, especially if you've been in the game for a while. But not every product can be revolutionary. Flex had a bit of a hole in their product offerings. They filled it with what we can safely assume is another quality product. The consumer should be so happy to see their options expand.

Post Thanks / Like

I see a fourth Flex machine sometime in my future. Have to decide if I want to keep the G21 and add the Flex 15mm or sell the G21. I would also still like to see a smaller version of the 3401.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work and review, Mike!
    While I was hoping the new offering from Flex was a forced rotation long stroke DA, if this one is as solid as you say it is, I do have an AMG that I might try out this 'AMG of polishers' on!
    Street/Racing Concepts
    '02 Mercedes SLK32 AMG, '05 Mercedes SL65 AMG, '02 Audi A6 Quattro 4.2- All Silver!

Post Thanks / Like

I posted this elsewhere but here is some info I can give you

Ok so flex has 2 machines out. The XCE which is an update to the 3401. The XCE is a forced rotation DA with an 8mm throw just like the 3401. The XCE is lighter, shorter, smoother, more quiet and no long runs as hot.

The XCE has adopted the PE14 style of head along with the cooling features.

The XFE is the new 15mm free spinning DA from flex. The has nearly the same build as the XCE. The machine is very very smooth and has a solid build as you would come to expect from flex.

Both machines offer a new balancing mechanism that keeps these machines running smooth as possible. Both were designed and built in Germany

In my honest opinion I do not thing Flex needs a larger forced rotation machine. The reason being is you have a machine that is forced rotating and that keeps the pad from ever stopping. Larger throw is not always better but it does have its place. I can achieve great correction with my 3401 just like I can with a larger throw machine and I know my pad will nerve stop rotations while I'm working.
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the update Evan.J. I have the 3401 and it is my favorite DA. However, I was looking for another DA and looks like the XCE (updated version of the 3401) is what I am looking for.

Being lighter, shorter, smoother, quieter and not run as hot is exactly what I am looking for. Just curious and I understand if you do not have the answer....any ETA when it is coming out?

But again, thank you for your explanation.

The 3401 will still be my Main Go to DA
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

What a beast of a show car!!

Great write up as usual Mike

Loving how much Detailing is evolving to become more and more a truly professional industry.

Post Thanks / Like

Which way does it spin?
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    I always like to see another option, but I can't help but wonder how much different this really is from the forced rotation machine.

Not as intimidating to a newbie maybe? Slightly better finish quality?

Sure, the mechanics are different, but what really is the difference in the end product and the time it takes to get there?

That being said, I'm happy there is another option out there. I wonder how many people are going to howl and moan about Flex copying the idea pioneered by Rupes like they do Griots?
    Great point, will the Flex copy of a long throw free spinning da get the love the other copies of the Rupes have?
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evan.J View Post

Ok so flex has 2 machines out. The XCE which is an update to the 3401. The XCE is a forced rotation DA with an 8mm throw just like the 3401. The XCE is lighter, shorter, smoother, more quiet and no long runs as hot.

The XFE is the new 15mm free spinning DA from flex. The has nearly the same build as the XCE. The machine is very very smooth and has a solid build as you would come to expect from flex.

Both machines offer a new balancing mechanism that keeps these machines running smooth as possible. Both were designed and built in Germany

In my honest opinion I do not thing Flex needs a larger forced rotation machine. The reason being is you have a machine that is forced rotating and that keeps the pad from ever stopping. Larger throw is not always better but it does have its place. I can achieve great correction with my 3401 just like I can with a larger throw machine and I know my pad will nerve stop rotations while I'm working.
    Thanks for weighing in Evan.

Keep up the great work at SEMA!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evan.J View Post

Evan, could you please check if there'd be a 220v version for both launched at the same time as 110v ?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast