autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints

Quote Originally Posted by dkutz View Post
    Start on our 62 falcon today, looking good!

And....

Did you take GREAT before pictures?

Waiting patiently for your follow-up post...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints

Actually this time I took before, but haven't taken after yet. Maybe today.

Mike Phillips

Good to hear!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK here are the ones that seemed to show the difference the best. Overall the car looks SOOOO much better!

The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints-beforehood-jpg

The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints-hoodafter-jpg

The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints-hood2before-jpg

The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints-hood2after-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try not to beat a dead horse ( so to speak). I didn't take pictures, but my sister has a 1980 MG MGB Convertible ( burnt orange color). Its actually in really great shape, but I noticed the paint is oxidizing and there are a ton of swirls in it. After reading this thread and looking at products, I am developing a process, but I could use some help filling in some of the blanks.

Step 1 - Mirror Glaze # 7 ( a couple of coats at least)
    Step 2 - Dodo Juice Supernatural Micro Prime ( I think this would take the pace of Megs #80)
    Step 3 - final polish ( this is where I could use some advice. I have the Menzerna Super finish + but Im not sure if that is too aggressive for single stage)
    Step 4 - Dodo Juice Banana Armour Hard Car Wax

I'll work on getting photos ( it might be awhile)

Thanks for the advice in advance!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How long to dry paint touch-up

Sent from my MotoG3 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Start on our 62 falcon today, looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

And....

Did you take GREAT before pictures?

OK here are the ones that seemed to show the difference the best. Overall the car looks SOOOO much better!

I apologize I'm just now catching up to your before and after pictures. I took the liberty to download them to your FREE gallery here on AGO so now I can insert them for everyone's full viewing pleasure.

Nice work!

The paint on this old 1962 Ford should hold up for another 56 years!

Mike Phillips

Just to note....

It's so important to take the time to take GREAT before pictures.

Once you start working on old, antique single stage paint you ARE going to make it look better and even great. By then.... it's too late.

You can NEVER go back in time and capture the before pictures. You MUST take them before you start.

Mike Phillips

Just checked....

This thread now has over a half million views!

The thing that makes this interesting is that 99% of the population owns a car with a clearcoat, not a car with antique single stage paint.

Mike Phillips

Great discussion over the value of #7 and the #7 Rub Down technique on the Autogeek Detailing 101 Facebook Group.

How to restore the paint on a 1959 Hillman Minx

I'll share the link to this post in the above thread on the FB group.

11. Likes Guyb liked this post
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast