autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bilt Hamber Distribution

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    Seems like a swell guy. I wonder what happened to make him the sole distributor of BH as opposed to TCG.
    I think someone said there wasn't really a distribution channel here, and that TCG was getting it gray market, so to speak. I think the sales skills from his previous profession (because let's be serious, an FC for a large firm isn't really investing for you, he's selling you products that the firm distributes, so to speak) serve him well in his current business, and are helpful and persuasive and convincing an offshore company that he's the guy to import their product.

PS Again, I'm sorry, as far as him being a "swell guy", I have a pre-existing bias against his previous profession due to my own life experiences, and my initial impression of him on his YT channel was just of someone who wasn't a real car guy, had more money than sense, and he even said the quiet part out loud about making money from YouTube, back when that wasn't a thing that was done. I'm guessing all those early videos, where he tried to show (off? to) everyone how OCD he was with his Porsche, are all gone. Anyway, he may be the nicest, most forthright guy in the world, he just rubbed me the wrong way.

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I think someone said there wasn't really a distribution channel here, and that TCG was getting it gray market, so to speak. I think the sales skills from his previous profession (because let's be serious, an FC for a large firm isn't really investing for you, he's selling you products that the firm distributes, so to speak) serve him well in his current business, and are helpful and persuasive and convincing an offshore company that he's the guy to import their product.

PS Again, I'm sorry, as far as him being a "swell guy", I have a pre-existing bias against his previous profession due to my own life experiences, and my initial impression of him on his YT channel was just of someone who wasn't a real car guy, had more money than sense, and he even said the quiet part out loud about making money from YouTube, back when that wasn't a thing that was done. I'm guessing all those early videos, where he tried to show (off? to) everyone how OCD he was with his Porsche, are all gone. Anyway, he may be the nicest, most forthright guy in the world, he just rubbed me the wrong way.
    At the risk of being repetitive...

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

I don't have the same animus regarding his past profession, except for the way it bled over into his detailing business and how I perceive his business methods

Also, his YT vids, regardless of era, are simply not my cup of tea and his occasional, humble, head down Opie (Andy Williams Show Opie) "well golly gosh" act at times ring so phony to me that it borders on the nauseous

No doubt you could find an endless line of people to go on the interwebs and disparage me, but the question was asked, and has been asked in the past, and I have basically said the same thing at least a couple of times in years past

I have zero use for the man or his business

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Twice as concentrated for the same price? Matt is doing god's work. Hopefully places like TCG and Carzilla will follow suit.
    Carzilla has v2 available now shipping cheaper than Obsessed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks chilly, CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, SNP209, Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    Seems like a swell guy. I wonder what happened to make him the sole distributor of BH as opposed to TCG.
    TCG mentioned issues with getting stuff thru customs when I talked with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    At the risk of being repetitive...

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^
    Oh geeze...TRC was down to visit him, and since I've been having (Alaskan?) garage fantasies, and since TRC put up a video with him "The Ultimate 3-Car Garage", I started watching. Had to listen about how he changed his shelves from 304 to 316 SS ("they're a lot more expensive"), and how he replaced the electrical panel in the garage for $7500 so he could have a cooler looking one. And him trying to explain why his dual pressure washer setup put out more than twice the single unit (?), "path of least resistance, I guess". Just very grating on me to listen to someone obviously non-technical doing tech-talk.

8. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh geeze...TRC was down to visit him, and since I've been having (Alaskan?) garage fantasies, and since TRC put up a video with him "The Ultimate 3-Car Garage", I started watching. Had to listen about how he changed his shelves from 304 to 316 SS ("they're a lot more expensive"), and how he replaced the electrical panel in the garage for $7500 so he could have a cooler looking one. And him trying to explain why his dual pressure washer setup put out more than twice the single unit (?), "path of least resistance, I guess". Just very grating on me to listen to someone obviously non-technical doing tech-talk.

10. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post

Bilt Hamber DistributionBilt Hamber DistributionBilt Hamber DistributionBilt Hamber DistributionBilt Hamber Distribution

Post Thanks / Like

Lot of sour grapes in this thread.

Question is, how many will be going to the bother and expense of importing Bilt Hamber direct from the UK to circumvent the OG partnership?

13. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Lot of sour grapes in this thread.

Question is, how many will be going to the bother and expense of importing Bilt Hamber direct from the UK to circumvent the OG partnership?
    No one is going to do that.

15. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No one is going to do that.
    Exactly.

17. Likes chilly liked this post
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast