autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can you Believe this is a Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    MotorWeek | Retro Review: '86 Hyundai Stellar - YouTube

They've come a very, VERY looooong wayCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    you have to start somewhere, right? if you don't improve and learn from past mistakes and not offer anything different from the competition, you might as well call it quits. Hyundai/Kia have taken huge strides in leaps and bounds over the past decade. with EV technology present and moving into the future, they both have invested a lot of money early in the game and will be a leader in the segment. i love it when underdogs prove people wrong...
    i am the jump starter.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree they have nailed it with their product lines across all three brands. Now, they need to focus on fixing their dealerships to make sure the hard work on the product isn’t wasted.

I’ve yet to talk to a Hyundai owner who actually likes their dealership and trusts them. I’ve visited a couple dealers in my area and the sales experience was horrible. Pretty slimy. My mother in law has a G90 and so far the dealership has left the car either immobile or nearly undrivable after the last four services. They are the only dealership in her town. Sadly this isn’t the only account I’ve heard.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I agree they have nailed it with their product lines across all three brands. Now, they need to focus on fixing their dealerships to make sure the hard work on the product isn’t wasted.

I’ve yet to talk to a Hyundai owner who actually likes their dealership and trusts them. I’ve visited a couple dealers in my area and the sales experience was horrible. Pretty slimy. My mother in law has a G90 and so far the dealership has left the car either immobile or nearly undrivable after the last four services. They are the only dealership in her town. Sadly this isn’t the only account I’ve heard.
    WTH are they doingCan you Believe this is a HyundaiCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I understand from her accounts.

1. Oil change and and they didn't put in any/enough oil in the car after it was drained. Car lit up like a Christmas tree and started to overheat on her short drive home. It was towed back to the dealer after repeated unanswered calls. I believe once it was towed, they couldn't find it at one point and it took her three days to get the car back.

2. Went in for a service and a software update and the tech unplugged the computer before software update was fully uploaded to the car. This left the car in some sort of zombie state. She tried to drive it off the lot and the car was bucking and stuttering so bad, she didn't even get to the street before turning it around and handing it back to the service department. Based on her description, I'm not sure how the tech even got it out of the service bay. Everyone admitted the car was undriveable when she confronted them, yet somehow it was still signed off as having a completed service and software update.

3. Most recent one was following a transmission flush, they either didn't put the plug back in or didn't put it in very well. She walked into the garage to drive to work the next morning and found the floor of the garage covered in transmission fluid. Back onto the tow truck it went for at least the second time in the last six months.... I cleaned up all the kitty litter and sand from this huge mess at our recent visit.

4. I don't remember all the details from the oldest incident last winter, but it too was a simple routine service stop gone horribly wrong and left her in a service loaner for a week fighting with the dealership to get the car back.

You can't make this stuff up some times.

She loves her G90. It's her second one and she had an Equss before that. The dealership she got the Equus and the first G90 was really good to her with both service and sales. Sadly, they lost their Genesis franchise when Hyundai reduced the number of dealerships, and she's stuck with the only game in town and their incompetent service department. Fortunately, she saw through their shady sales tactics and actually bought the car from the next closest dealership 100 miles away and they drove it to her house for delivery.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Oil change and and they didn't put in any/enough oil in the car after it was drained. Car lit up like a Christmas tree and started to overheat on her short drive home. It was towed back to the dealer after repeated unanswered calls. I believe once it was towed, they couldn't find it at one point and it took her three days to get the car back.

2. Went in for a service and a software update and the tech unplugged the computer before software update was fully uploaded to the car. This left the car in some sort of zombie state. She tried to drive it off the lot and the car was bucking and stuttering so bad, she didn't even get to the street before turning it around and handing it back to the service department. Based on her description, I'm not sure how the tech even got it out of the service bay. Everyone admitted the car was undriveable when she confronted them, yet somehow it was still signed off as having a completed service and software update.

3. Most recent one was following a transmission flush, they either didn't put the plug back in or didn't put it in very well. She walked into the garage to drive to work the next morning and found the floor of the garage covered in transmission fluid. Back onto the tow truck it went for at least the second time in the last six months.... I cleaned up all the kitty litter and sand from this huge mess at our recent visit.

4. I don't remember all the details from the oldest incident last winter, but it too was a simple routine service stop gone horribly wrong and left her in a service loaner for a week fighting with the dealership to get the car back.

She loves her G90. It's her second one and she had an Equss before that. The dealership she got the Equus and the first G90 was really good to her with both service and sales. Sadly, they lost their Genisus franchise when Hyundia reduced the number of dealerships, and she's stuck with the only game in town and their incompetent service department. Fortunately, she saw through their shady sales tactics and actually bought the car from the next closest dealership 100 miles away and they drove it to her house for delivery.
    I'd be getting an attorney AND finding a new dealershipCan you Believe this is a HyundaiCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'd be getting an attorney AND finding a new dealershipCan you Believe this is a HyundaiCan you Believe this is a Hyundai

She's had an attorney she knows from work intervene once already just to get her car back after one of those incidents I mentioned. She's also complained to Genesis USA who simply pointed her back at the dealership. Unless the dealership GM guts his entire sales and service staff and starts over, legal action won't really achieve much other than rack up legal costs.

As for going to a new dealership, it's not really possible. There is only one Genesis dealer in the town where she lives and the next nearest one is 100+ miles away. She's an 79 year-old widow with health issues. No way she's going to make the trip and the other dealer won't do the pick-up from home/work thing from that distance.

Post Thanks / Like

She loves her G90. It's her second one and she had an Equss before that. The dealership she got the Equus and the first G90 was really good to her with both service and sales. Sadly, they lost their Genisus franchise when Hyundia reduced the number of dealerships, and she's stuck with the only game in town and their incompetent service department. Fortunately, she saw through their shady sales tactics and actually bought the car from the next closest dealership 100 miles away and they drove it to her house for delivery.
    As someone who does car fixin for a living, stories like this just make my blood boil. It's sad that I just hate the industry I've worked in for the last 20+ years.

My first real job was at a dealership for 9 years; can't speak for all of them, but very often their focus is just getting cars through at the best path for their bottom line (read: going to the cheapest techs as often as possible). The dealer I was at started off as all-techs-do-all-things, but later adopted the now common "Express Service" approach, where for simple things they'd have a team of young/low pay kids knocking them out. They'd bank huge flat rate hours while the more experienced techs were chasing rattles / Check Engine Lights.

On more than one occasion I can remember a car flying back in from when they were going to put it in the wash line with the engine ticking (usually would get shut off to coast the rest of the way). Ooops! Too fast - forgot to put oil in it!

I can't imagine being in the situation like she's been through with the Genesis...

9. Thanks Desertnate, Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

She's had an attorney she knows from work intervene once already just to get her car back after one of those incidents I mentioned. She's also complained to Genesis USA who simply pointed her back at the dealership. Unless the dealership GM guts his entire sales and service staff and starts over, legal action won't really achieve much other than rack up legal costs.

As for going to a new dealership, it's not really possible. There is only one Genesis dealer in the town where she lives and the next nearest one is 100+ miles away. She's an 79 year-old widow with health issues. No way she's going to make the trip and the other dealer won't do the pick-up from home/work thing from that distance.
    79, I think she has done her time through the years to not have to deal with the stress of trying to negotiate with stupidity and morons. Genesis or not, she should move to another brand. Especially if Genesis USA isn't caring to help her. She doesn't need the stress.

11. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Access to this page has been denied

Hyundai agrees to sell their cars through amazon, seems like a good move...

13. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad idea since it allows you to avoid all the dealership sales department nonsense people have to deal with. I'll be curious to see what they do with the pricing; it will likely be MSRP. Sadly, negotiating below that amount is the one thing you loose when dealing directly with the corporate HQ on a purchase.

The fact it only pulls from local inventory is also interesting. I would hope if you were buying online through another retail source you'd be able to custom order one to your liking. Dealerships stock the "safe" color and option packages to ensure they sell and you often aren't able to get what you really want.

15. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293 LastLast