autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SEMA 2023/2024 New Products

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I had to put the brakes on my purchasing of flavors of the week - I stopped and realized I had products stacking up with the same goals. Now before buying anything I ask myself - What hole in the process is this filling, or what is it doing better?
    With an attitude like that how do you ever expect to accumulate a lifetime supply of products?

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I think you're right, Eldo, honestly I think the internet/forum age of the past 20 years drove product development so hard, that there are so many good products today, it's hard to go wrong with anything, and therefore it's hard to need anything new.
    Similar to iphones. Sure I get a new 1 every couple of years if everything lines up, but the main draw is simply having a new phone that’s new and totally free of space. I don’t really care too much about the newest features because the #1 on the list is the stupid “camera”… That’s what they Always say when you ask the salespeople at the store and it’s such a lame reply.

1 time I asked the girl if the wifi reception has been improved somehow on the new phone and she looked at me like I was crazy. It was a legit question. Does this new phone still do a halfways shi**y job at connecting to wifi or is it improved? Of course she had no clue because they’re trained to tell people about the camera and the sheep just eat it up.

The new iphone 15 has “titanium”! Big freaking deal. Who cares about that? They’ve run out of ideas. I hope the end of the world isn’t near. Lol.

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My $30 burner phone has better WiFi reception than my iPhone. I find that to be shameful
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    My $30 burner phone has better WiFi reception than my iPhone. I find that to be shameful
    Im not surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Similar to iphones. Sure I get a new 1 every couple of years if everything lines up...
    Yeah, my flip phone still works fine for me, people tell me I should upgrade but I tell them it goes really well with my Chevette!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    My $30 burner phone...
    Burner phone...I always thought there was something shady about you, Bill...or are you CIA? Hm?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a burner for the time being because the battery is so crappy on my old iPhone. At the time it was actually cheaper than upgrading but I’m finding its days are numbered. I really want to see if next year’s iPhone 16 is really innovative
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood, you have that on ur regular account instead of your iPhone...that's not really a burner phone, unless I just watched too many Bourne movies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Yeah, my flip phone still works fine for me, people tell me I should upgrade but I tell them it goes really well with my Chevette!
    A variation of this needs to be in your signature block. Classic.

Agree on running out of anything interesting. The only time I go shopping any more is when I empty a bottle of product I use all the time and have nothing similar to replace it. It's been a long time since I had a "gotta have it" moment. Except for Gyeon's EVO coatings, the vast majority of the products I still use have been on the market for a long time.

The comments about the electronics are funny. I'm in a similar position. Our computers/laptops/tablets in our house are all several years old. We only replace them when the CPU's and max memory won't keep up with the current software. Right now, neither of our PC's can be updated to Win11 and my wife's iPad is so old (6~7 years old...we think...) it struggles to load web pages. That will have to be replaced soon. Our phones are similar. If the battery quits holding a charge or it can no longer function properly, we'll replace them. Even though hardware (processor, memory, modems, etc) are incrementally improved each year, the software/apps runs just fine for a LONG time.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

11. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    The comments about the electronics are funny. I'm in a similar position. Our computers/laptops/tablets in our house are all several years old.
    Oh come on, the computer I'm typing on is from 2010!

13. Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SEMA 2023/2024 New Products

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I think product wise, the detailing industry has plateaued. None of this stuff is exciting or really needed anymore. They’re running out of ideas. Hydrophobic glass cleaner? Really? That’s not innovative…

I heard Chemical Guys didn’t even have a display booth at this years Sema. It’s quite telling when Chemical Guys runs out of new products to sell their customers.
    Didn’t see ‘em and Gyeon was absent as well; they always have a *very* large presentation.

PPF, tint, and film/wrap mfg’s were predominant.

On a positive note, the head of Fireball brought us 2 dozen Krispy Kreme’s SEMA 2023/2024 New Products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast