autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thread: DFB's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    We're just too small a market, these dealers only seem interested in what they can sell lots of. It looks like Toyota is sticking with an updated version of the old 2.8 diesel in the new Prado, because that's what "everyone" wants. The new GR Sport Hilux looked good, then I saw how slow it was compared to the new V6 Petrol Raptor, almost double the time to 100 kmh, and they think customers will be happy with that. Although I read today that those new Raptors are having engine issues, the tech bulletin gives a series of things to check that eventually lead to an engine replacement, all starting with a rough idle. But at least they're doing something to fix it for the customers.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    I will say that it's not the dealers who are at fault here, they are stuck in the middle waiting for Ford to release pricing and expected release dates. The car has been on sale for months now in the US, even Ford New Zealand have released pricing. The dealers want to be able to nail down their deal but can't because Ford are holding back. Then to insult my intelligence, Ford tell me to go ask my dealer or stock controller, but how do I do that when they don't know either.

Again, I'm not annoyed at the wait, I expected that. But to be left hanging indefinitely is just not good enough. I've bought or been responsible for 13 different Fords, have stood up for them when everyone bagged the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So...what are you getting now Deyon DFB's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I have a shortlist, but I'm pretty pis.ed off at the moment to even care. At the end of the day, I have no need for a new car really.

2. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I will say that it's not the dealers who are at fault here, they are stuck in the middle waiting for Ford to release pricing and expected release dates. The car has been on sale for months now in the US, even Ford New Zealand have released pricing. The dealers want to be able to nail down their deal but can't because Ford are holding back. Then to insult my intelligence, Ford tell me to go ask my dealer or stock controller, but how do I do that when they don't know either.

Again, I'm not annoyed at the wait, I expected that. But to be left hanging indefinitely is just not good enough. I've bought or been responsible for 13 different Fords, have stood up for them when everyone bagged the company.

I have a shortlist, but I'm pretty pis.ed off at the moment to even care. At the end of the day, I have no need for a new car really.
    I barely remember your list but if you do go with a Mustang replacement I'm sure it's going to be awesome!

Btw thanks for the Vantage V600 vids, I watched the Tiff one and another one from some guys I had never heard of but enjoyed, it was a black LeMan version, 1 of 40. Come to think about Deyon, maybe you could look for one of those V600'sDFB's Garage

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was lucky with my Maverick but I know a lot of folks who ordered one had a very similar experience to you. And that’s American market; it’s not just Australia.

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Two heavy boxes arrived from Race Brakes Sydney this morning..................

Race Brakes Sydney | Brakes

322mm T3 vented front rotors (not shown), 303mm T3 solid rears, Project Mu NS-EP front pads, DBA SP rear pads, 4 braided hoses + hardware, two front caliper brackets (sourced elsewhere). The rotors are very, very nicely finished.

The hard part? Finding the time to install it all.

Post Thanks / Like

You know the trick when doing brake lines to have/keep the pedal depressed before you crack a line loose, right? Like putting your finger over the top of a straw it blocks the feed ports in the master and prevents the system from bleeding out while you work.

Makes bleeding when you’re done waaay easier.

Looking forward to seeing the brake parts on and seeing what you think!

9. Thanks DFB, Dirty Harry thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    You know the trick when doing brake lines to have/keep the pedal depressed before you crack a line loose, right? Like putting your finger over the top of a straw it blocks the feed ports in the master and prevents the system from bleeding out while you work.

Makes bleeding when you’re waaay easier.

Looking forward to seeing the brake parts on and seeing what you think!
    So, I was going to do all this myself, everything is a simple bolt on and no need to bleed the brakes as the calipers are not disconnected. But then I decided to order the braided hoses and that went out the window. I've booked the car in with my Mechanic to do the lot for me.

11. Likes Klasse Act, oneheadlite, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    So, I was going to do all this myself, everything is a simple bolt on and no need to bleed the brakes as the calipers are not disconnected. But then I decided to order the braided hoses and that went out the window. I've booked the car in with my Mechanic to do the lot for me.
    Great time management move DeyonDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

13. Likes DFB, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been very fortunate to have been sent a selection of Bilt Hamber products to sample.

I've been using Bilt Hamber Surfex for a while now and have been very impressed with the cleaning ability, but until now I haven't delved deeper than that. That's mainly because of Bilt Hamber's convoluted dilution requirements that require more than a simple ratio calculation. I'm not the first to make that comment either. But, I think there is some interesting products within the range that warrant the math.

First of which is Touchless.

Confession, I tried this on the Ranger yesterday and was less than impressed, in fact, I sort of had a little tantrum. Some of that was from being extremely tired after working 6 days straight, some of that was then spilling the foam cannon bottle and its contents over the bench (again, tired), and some of that from sub-par results. In truth, I probably shouldn't have been messing around in the garage in that state of mind.

Today, I upped the concentration of product in the foam cannon and got better results..............much better results!

And no, that was not my Ranger. With mine having a service, this filthy loan car was the perfect gunnie pig for the test. This Ranger XL was covered in mud, bugs and road grime.

Check out the puddle of brown dripping from the vehicle.................

Touchless is a very high alkaline soap, sitting at around pH 12.0, so I would be cautious with what you use it on. If your car is ceramic coated, then this wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. It also doesn't produce shaving cream-like foam, producing a runnier fluid film that drags contamination off the car as it drips down the panel.

I foamed Touchless on from dry and allowed to soak for several minutes. I then rinsed the car and watched in amazement at how most, if not all, contamination rinsed cleanly from the car. Was it 100% perfect, no, that would be wanting too much. To be fair, most people would be more than happy with the result, however from my perspective it provides a cleaner surface to perform the contact wash on to get that last 10% remaining.

I actually stopped right there, blew the car down and called it good. Lets just say the service advisor was impressed with how clean the vehicle was from nothing more than a foam and rinse.

Something you will note with Bilt Hamber products is a lack of scent. Touchless and AutoFoam are no different, having that rather distinct detergent smell to them, not pleasant, not unpleasant. These are workhorse chemicals, designed to perform and nothing else.

Next was Atom Mac, an anti-corrosion agent.

I've been using Hydes Serum Rustopper for brake rotors for a while now, Atom Mac is a similar product that is sold in concentrate form rather than RTU. Application is the same in that you spray the rotors after washing to prevent the film of rust forming as it dries.

Atom Mac seems more effective here than Hydes, but I still need more time with it. As you can see above, the rotors are largely rust free after treatment and drying. Compare that to below for an untreated rotor.................

Some would question what's the big deal with rusty rotors, that they only stay that way for a few seconds. However, that rust has to go somewhere............all over your freshly cleaned wheels. On black or dark coloured wheels, you will notice this instantly.

Interesting to note that the above Ranger XL was the 2WD model with the base powertrain, a single turbo 2.0 diesel with the older 6R80 6-speed automatic. Till now, I've only driven the 2.0 in Bi-Turbo and 10-speed format. I was set to be disappointed but...................I think I like this powertrain more.

A lot of that centers around the 6-speed gearbox shifting in a more normal manner, as in not skipping gears. As such, it seems to shift smoother, both up and down the ratios, nor does it have that "busy" sound and feeling of the 10-speed. It's also seems better at auto rev matching when manually downshifted.

Up until this point, I've been set on ordering an XL 4X4 to get access to the Bi-Turbo and 10-speed if I ever did decide to update. But after this, maybe I don't need the Bi-Turbo after all?

15. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you figured out Touchless Deyon, it and Auto-foam are INCREDIBLE productsDFB's Garage

Those are some big test bottles to "try out", someone likes you and notices your posts here for sureDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

Looking forward to your thoughts on the other products too, like their quick detailer because it's a concentrate it's a great valueDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

17. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Glad you figured out Touchless Deyon, it and Auto-foam are INCREDIBLE productsDFB's Garage

Those are some big test bottles to "try out", someone likes you and notices your posts here for sureDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

Looking forward to your thoughts on the other products too, like their quick detailer because it's a concentrate it's a great valueDFB's GarageDFB's Garage

The chemical bottles are only half full, still generous though. The wax's and clay bars are naturally full quantities though.

I'm researching information on all of the products in that collection. Considering Auto Foam and Touchless are both high-pH soaps, what separates these two?

Page 108 of 142 FirstFirst ... 8589899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118 ... LastLast