autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Lowes delivered this yesterday

It’s begging for a RW and some kind of protection

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Awesome machine, Mikey.

PM me any time for maintenance tips.
    What did you do today non-detailing related?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes PA DETAILER, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I inhaled all of this and 1/2 a cup of BBQ gumbo and because my favorite restaurant (Smoque BBQ) is a world class place, they serve Coca-Cola What did you do today non-detailing related?

If your ever in Chicago, you've gotta go and don't worry, the neighborhood is goodWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Big Dave, PaulMys, chilly, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Dislikes PaulMys disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I inhaled all of this and 1/2 a cup of BBQ gumbo and because my favorite restaurant (Smoque BBQ) is a world class place, they serve Coca-Cola What did you do today non-detailing related?

If your ever in Chicago, you've gotta go and don't worry, the neighborhood is goodWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

That looks GREAT, Rog!

(Sorry about the "dislike". Breaking in a new computer and mouse, and the mouse speed was on "max". Hit "Like" and "Dislike" in 0000000.1 seconds.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    That looks GREAT, Rog!

(Sorry about the "dislike". Breaking in a new computer and mouse, and the mouse speed was on "max". Hit "Like" and "Dislike" in 0000000.1 seconds.
    Didn't even see it Paul but it could've been a dislike because you and your wife weren't there with usWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite another cold snap, Spring is in full swing in the garden at the moment.

Convolvulus sabatius, pronounced "Con-vol-vew-lus", an oldie but a goodie that is showing off at one of my clients. It was actually trying to rain when I took that image, which you can see the tiny droplets on the flowers.

The above is the original cultivar that is generally a well-priced low spreading groundcover. The flowers close up at night, reopening when the light reappears in the morning.

We only occasionally stock the original variety, preferring to offer the newer versions from PGA. These have the same shaped flower but a slightly larger leaf and more variation in colour selection. The newer cultivars also seem to be denser and less "gappy" in growth habit.

'Purple Moon' and 'New Blue Moon' for instance are much deeper in colour -

The resource cannot be found.

'Artic Moon' is pure white -

There is also the dual colour 'Two Moons' -

https://www.pga.com.au/Plants/Plant....?plant_id=2577

Another oldie, 'Cécile Brünner' rose that is in full flight at the moment.

This particular example would be at least 40 to 50 years old. I've hacked it back to stubs a few times over the last 15 years, each time it laughs and comes back stronger than ever.

Being a much more vigorous variety that certainly needs a special position in the garden, we don't sell many of these anymore.............that is if we can find someone growing them for wholesale.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Awesome machine, Mikey.

PM me any time for maintenance tips.
    What did you do today non-detailing related?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fanks Paulie

I actually read all the manuals while sitting there and playing with it and finally got up the nerve to gas it up and start it

It started on the second yank and the pull start was easier than I thought

My son has several of the tracked model of Ariens machines in his department on the Air Force Base and he told me to get a rubber mat to park it on as well as a few other tips so I ordered the mat from HD along with some silicone lube and anti rust spray for the chute, sheet metal, etc

I am going to do a RW probably this coming week as we have a few days approaching 40 degrees in the forecast and then I will probably hit it with Megs HCW and Perl for the plastics

I also ordered some 4 foot reflective wands to mark out the driveway for when it gets really bad

I also want to get the plastic skid shoes and get them on ASAP but I have to order them so it will be a while

11. Likes PaulMys, oneheadlite, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Fanks Paulie

I actually read all the manuals while sitting there and playing with it and finally got up the nerve to gas it up and start it

It started on the second yank and the pull start was easier than I thought

My son has several of the tracked model of Ariens machines in his department on the Air Force Base and he told me to get a rubber mat to park it on as well as a few other tips so I ordered the mat from HD along with some silicone lube and anti rust spray for the chute, sheet metal, etc

I am going to do a RW probably this coming week as we have a few days approaching 40 degrees in the forecast and then I will probably hit it with Megs HCW and Perl for the plastics

I also ordered some 4 foot reflective wands to mark out the driveway for when it gets really bad

I also want to get the plastic skid shoes and get them on ASAP but I have to order them so it will be a while
    Ours did leave rust stains on the garage floor from wearing off the paint on the bottom of the skid shoes. But with the mat and/or plastic skid shoes, you should be good. Didn't realize they made plastic ones.

13. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Ours did leave rust stains on the garage floor from wearing off the paint on the bottom of the skid shoes. But with the mat and/or plastic skid shoes, you should be good. Didn't realize they made plastic ones.
    I actually found the shoes in stock at Lowes so I am picking up a set later today

The plastic ones are reversible for longer life so hopefully money well spent

15. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Passenger side of my (wife's)Explorer decided to blow only cold air. Blend door actuator took a dirt nap, which is common.

Fairly easy job except the back screw is tough to get to and can only get 1-2 clicks of the ratchet each turn. Good thing they are plastic screw threads (i.e. very course).

Took apart the old one and noticed the resistor looked at little dark. Plastic on the back side of that resistor definitely got warm.

17. Likes chilly, Dirty Harry, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Installed some Conti DWS06's on the RedSport

Been playing the new Forza Motorsport A LOT. Boy did I miss a proper Forza game.... I will give a quick short review in case anyone was curious on feedback or hesitant on getting it.

Right out of the gate you will notice the career/campaign/call it what you will is much much smaller and shorter than Motorsports past. I had nearly 7 months on Motorsport 6 and only had about 1/3 of the career completed. They were MASSIVE games and sometimes the requirements for a series was super specific which spelled fun. I.E. Vehicle must be from the 1980s, FWD, Naturally aspirated, and from Asia. Just as am example. Well the new Forza has nothing of the sort nor does it appear capable of setting such requirements for a custom game. Sorta sour about those sorts of things. Additionally, it would appear some flagship and very popular cars are missing up front. Some have already appeared as rewards or unlocks. But not many. This point has me concerned.

Cars that I am very sad to see missing(so far).

1) 2007-9 F430 Scuderia. This was my all-time most driven car in FM4-6. Had 21,000 in-game miles. I originally bought it in FM4 but they used to do this cool thing where your favorite car would be in your new garage on the new Forza awaiting you. Turned on FM5 and 6 and got nice messages saying my F430 was there. Oh, how nice! I suspect the huge time lapse between Motorsports is to blame for this no longer being the case. Hopefully the Scuderia appears as a gift or reward at some point. Odd they would skip right over an entire generation of mid-engine V8 Ferraris. They have the 360 and the 458....but no 430.

2) C6 Corvette Z06. Only the ZR1 appears. Lame. The LS7 was always a fixture in my garage.

3) Alfa 8C and 4C

4) 6th Generation Mustang/GT500. The 2020 GT500 is present but I like the 2013 era. I like my Mustangs with truck axles.

5) No Mk6 Golf of any kind, GTI or R, and still(as always) no Mk5 Golfs of any kind. The Mk5 R32 needs some love

Feel wise the game does feel new and looks amazing. Forza Motorsports have always been the best looking racing games IMO. Played Gran Turismo 7 this Saturday at a friends on his PS5 and honestly it feels and looks like a kids game compared. Graphics are all "arcady" and feel is meh. The menus always reminded me of Roller Coaster Tycoon too. SO overall I find the new FM worth it.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

19. Likes Dirty Harry liked this post
Page 312 of 353 FirstFirst ... 212262302303304305306307308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322 ... LastLast