autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Installed some Conti DWS06's on the RedSport

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hope you do a seperate thread for your build, cool having a "sleeper" out there huhWhat did you do today non-detailing related?What did you do today non-detailing related?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I should! I can take photos and get that together when I get it back. Gonna be a couple years in the making. I will be sleeper status until I get that MBRP it isn't the quietest exhaust but the value is hard to be. $750 versus double for most competitors that I only like slightly more. I plan on doing the intercooler myself when I do it so that will be a bit more documented, when it does happen. I should've told HS to take photos while they did the install. I dropped the ball!

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    I should! I can take photos and get that together when I get it back. Gonna be a couple years in the making. I will be sleeper status until I get that MBRP it isn't the quietest exhaust but the value is hard to be. $750 versus double for most competitors that I only like slightly more. I plan on doing the intercooler myself when I do it so that will be a bit more documented, when it does happen. I should've told HS to take photos while they did the install. I dropped the ball!

That will be a full cat-back I assumeWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

That will be a full cat-back I assumeWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

Yes from the second cat and out. 3" to duel 2.5". OE is 2.5" to duel 2". Again, not expecting any gains really....nothing noticeable. But perhaps the bark should match the bite a little bit. Lol.

2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

5. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes from the second cat and out. 3" to duel 2.5". OE is 2.5" to duel 2". Again, not expecting any gains really....nothing noticeable. But perhaps the bark should match the bite a little bit. Lol.

Does the tune add "cracks and pops"???

Post Thanks / Like

Does the tune add "cracks and pops"???

Unfortunately not anymore APR got rid of that feature when they stopped making downpipes. The factory downpipe just muffles too much I presume. Or it's bad for the cat, or both lol.

But I will be able to adjust launch control RPM. It inverts start/stop feature, enables brake boosting, disables auto-upshift in manual mode so you can hit the Rev limiter(which is raised to 7,100rpm I believe) and a handful of other things. The transmission software does stuff too. I'm getting that as well. Turbo, trans software, exu software, and there will be APR coil packs and Audi spark plugs on the passenger seat(heat range higher). I'm installing those obviously as that takes 3 minutes.

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Already has APR intake, turbo inlet hose, turbo inlet pipe, and turbo muffler delete. Thankfully those last two items transfer to the IS38 so not a waste of money.

10. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Already has APR intake, turbo inlet hose, turbo inlet pipe, and turbo muffler delete. Thankfully those last two items transfer to the IS38 so not a waste of money.

Yeah...do a thread with all of it for sureWhat did you do today non-detailing related?

12. Thanks PouncingPanzer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GLI is the same way, but worse. I could stomach the rear swaybar on my GTI but I definetly want to upgrade it on my GLI. Needs it. I will do that when I upgrade my tires again. Rocking the Pilot Sport All Seasons but I suspect after the IS38 traction from a dig will be an issue so I will slap some stickier hoops on it next year. It's about to get parked for the winter in a month or so, not worth it now. I believe my stock swaybar in the back is 22mm upgrades are 25-28mm.
    I forgot you're a GLI, not a GTI. The GTI's are sharp, but I've always liked the handling of the Jettas with the extra weight past the rear axle. (Probably same reason I've loved my avants so much). I've probably mentioned before, but my first fun car was a MkII Jetta I built for Autocrossing. Full suspension, big rear bar; with some left foot braking you could comfortably slide/rotate the car with less risk of the Tank Slappers the GTI's/Corrados were prone to.

I had Pilot Supersports on the avant, would highly recommend their successor the Pilot Sport 4s's. Have an alignment done to ensure your front toe is close to zero and I got a surprising number of fun miles out of them.

Also, you and Klasse are killing me - I was planning on waiting to do an APR tune on the new shooter, but it sure keeps getting more and more tempting! Wanted to get some baseline miles on to get a feel for it, but having already put 3 or 4 k on it, I think I'm pretty familiar.

Also wanted to get a feel for fuel mileage, thus far I've had multiple tanks at 27.x, which for a Quattro car (full time AWD) that weighs about 4,000 lbs I'm pretty dang happy with! Very curious to see how that goes when software goes in, I know they say a lot of folks see an increase...

14. Thanks Klasse Act, PouncingPanzer thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got some pictures of my wrist hardware that was installed almost 2 weeks ago. Not supposed to lift anything more than 1lb for a few more weeks.

Fitting for this forum, I tripped over dog gate while carrying a bucket of soap/water on my way to wash a vehicle.

16. Likes Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I forgot you're a GLI, not a GTI. The GTI's are sharp, but I've always liked the handling of the Jettas with the extra weight past the rear axle. (Probably same reason I've loved my avants so much). I've probably mentioned before, but my first fun car was a MkII Jetta I built for Autocrossing. Full suspension, big rear bar; with some left foot braking you could comfortably slide/rotate the car with less risk of the Tank Slappers the GTI's/Corrados were prone to.

I had Pilot Supersports on the avant, would highly recommend their successor the Pilot Sport 4s's. Have an alignment done to ensure your front toe is close to zero and I got a surprising number of fun miles out of them.

Also, you and Klasse are killing me - I was planning on waiting to do an APR tune on the new shooter, but it sure keeps getting more and more tempting! Wanted to get some baseline miles on to get a feel for it, but having already put 3 or 4 k on it, I think I'm pretty familiar.

Also wanted to get a feel for fuel mileage, thus far I've had multiple tanks at 27.x, which for a Quattro car (full time AWD) that weighs about 4,000 lbs I'm pretty dang happy with! Very curious to see how that goes when software goes in, I know they say a lot of folks see an increase...
    Went from a TDI Golf(Unitronic) to a Mk7 GTI Sport w/ a 6spd(stock save motor and trans mounts and a Clubsport S muffler prior to VW VIN-locking them) and now the 35th Edition GLI, my fist DSG I've owned but the first DSG car I ever fell in love with was a MkV R32. Also, to this date, the best factory exhaust note I have ever heard imo. I love that "tinny" sound, as it is often described in a negative light.

I am a die-hard Michelin fan but reading forums has me looking at the Yokohama Adven Apex tires for their bang-for-buck factor. Could put a set on my car for under $800 and guys with rear drive cars that autocross seem to love them, may discover that isn't the case on a FWD car. My goal would be to eventually autocross the GLI at some point after returning to day shift life in a couple years. By then it would be ready, I hope.

Remaining mods I desire are:

1)MBRP Catback($750)
    2)APR factory-mount intercooler, not front mount I do too much freeway it will get destroyed.($800)
    3)Rear Sway-Bar
    4)Max Performance Summer Tires
    5)APR DCC software for the adjustable dampers

Also....... GO GET YOUR TUNE!!!!! lol

18. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes oneheadlite liked this post
Page 302 of 353 FirstFirst ... 202252292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312352 ... LastLast