autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

Just watched the Australian Matildas make it through to the semifinals of the women's football world cup. Nil all at full time, nil all after extra time, 7-6 to Australia over France in the penalty shootout.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Installed some Conti DWS06's on the RedSport

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Great news!

It's like that old saying. "If life gives you lemons, just wait a little bit and you'll be able to burn rubber through 3rd"
    I love that saying!

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    With a turbo it would benefit from down pipes and exhaust HP wise. But yeah will be louder. 400hp a lot for the VW… should be a fun drive.

Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So actually I learned since that update that the new files for APRs Stage 3 with IS38 Turbo is for stock downpipe only and doesn't support downpipe upgrades later. APR stopped offering downpipes a few years ago and no longer offer a "stage 2" package. Stage 1 with software only or Stage 3 with everything they offer bolt-on wise. I plan on getting an intercooler and their charge pipe upgrade kit some say that is noticeable with the IS38 Turbo(not with stock IS20). It is honestly really impressive that APR puts down such numbers with only a stock 60mm ID downpipe that has a restrictive cat. But there are two truths about APR that made ne chose them. One being reliability, few people have any issues at all with their software or any "stage". Some guys that push over 400hp get DSG slip in 4th and 5th with their DSG software but goes away with other brand software. That issue was some 3-4 years ago I suspect it has been rectified as the problem was obviously software related, not hardware or stress. The other thing about APR I like is people usually find their cars put down more than advertised at shop dyno-days. Versus a brand like Integrated Engineering that claims wild numbers online but then the customer gets disappointed when they are 30hp under. I'd rather have it the other way around haha.

Oh, and I am pleased to learn the turbo inlet pipe and muffler delete I just installed on my stock turbo will fit the new one. Money not wasted.

2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    With a turbo it would benefit from down pipes and exhaust HP wise. But yeah will be louder. 400hp a lot for the VW… should be a fun drive.

Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh, and I will send pics when the work gets done planning to set appointment for September 18th. One day stay.

Post Thanks / Like

Watched this happen this morning in NJ (where gas station attendants pump the gas). The SUV must have thought they were ok to drive away. They stopped. Passenger got out of the car, grabbed the nozzle, removed it and then threw it to the ground and they drove away.

7. Likes Big Dave, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Watched this happen this morning in NJ (where gas station attendants pump the gas). The SUV must have thought they were ok to drive away. They stopped. Passenger got out of the car, grabbed the nozzle, removed it and then threw it to the ground and they drove away. ...
    You know life is all about them, and what an inconvenience that was for them...

9. Likes opie, DFB, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Well 48 hours after I accept my offer letter for a promotion on third shift my wife's old manager calls and says "Firing you was a mistake we want you back." She started Monday...so now I'll have play money, quite a bit.

I contacted my local preferred tuner shop and inquired about a stage 2 for my GLI. They talked me into just jumping to the APR Stage 3 with the IS38 turbo. The Golf R/S3 factory turbo. With supporting mods(of which I already have two of the four) the car will be roughly around 400hp at the crank, a little under. Up from around 230hp. Lots of vroom vroom!! I love OEM+ mods too and the IS38 is just that. Mates to my OE downpipe and I plan on keeping my exhaust stock. I want a sleeper. If I did do anything it would be a downpipe of course. I feel us VW guys have to choose downpipe or catback, but not both. Both is just too loud and obnoxious for my liking.

I will be making the appointment in about a months' time after two of my wife's paychecks land.

Next year will be intercooler hopefully, or tires, if I find wheel hop is an issue.
    On my MK6 GTI I had a few years ago I had the APR Stage 2 Tune with an AWE turbo back. It was quick little thing. However, I grew to absolutely HATE the way the exhaust sounded. It wasn't necessarily too loud, the AWE was fairly mild with minimal drone unless you really got on it, but the 2.0 TSI to me was just not a good sounding engine. I should have saved the $1000 and just gone with the downpipe with the stock cat-back. I contemplated going back to stock but after 5 years with it and nearing the 100k mile major engine service I was ready to move onto something else.

I do miss the car every now and then. Especially the tartan fabric seats.

11. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Dislikes Paul A. disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Down pipes on my old '07 BMW made a HUGE difference. I went catless too and don't really know if the new diameter (2.5" to 3") made the difference or the lack of CAT restriction removed.

Noise change was nice, not offensive and flow improved out the manifold and back.

13. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to Dodger Stadium last night.⚾️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    On my MK6 GTI I had a few years ago I had the APR Stage 2 Tune with an AWE turbo back. It was quick little thing. However, I grew to absolutely HATE the way the exhaust sounded. It wasn't necessarily too loud, the AWE was fairly mild with minimal drone unless you really got on it, but the 2.0 TSI to me was just not a good sounding engine. I should have saved the $1000 and just gone with the downpipe with the stock cat-back. I contemplated going back to stock but after 5 years with it and nearing the 100k mile major engine service I was ready to move onto something else.

I do miss the car every now and then. Especially the tartan fabric seats.
    It helps the TSI is so stout from the factory the thing swallows 450hp like it's nothing. I know I will want a downpipe eventually. But with the baby and likely trying for another in a year or so. Plus me leaving for work at 10:10PM. I would like my car to be civil for now. Plus I'm a sucker for a true sleeper. Stock rims. Stock exhaust turbo-back. My car won't stand out at all. That's the point. I want to troll people. Also, watching a car review of a stock Accord 2.0T walking my car gave me a bad case of defeatism so the IS38 Turbo will bring me back lol. That said, IE, Unitronic, and others make software for the IS38 w/ a downpipe I will just have to cough up the cash and switch software when I want a downpipe.

Eventually I want to make this a dedicated track car. A minivan is in my future(I vote Sienna, she wants Odyssey) so I cam finally have a purebred toy. Streetable still, of course, but as far from sleeper as I can make it while keeping it so.

16. Likes oneheadlite, SNP209 liked this post
Page 297 of 353 FirstFirst ... 197247287288289290291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307347 ... LastLast