autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Tire Dressing Comparison Thread

(I wrote this for a couple of non-detailing forums, but I hope it's of value to the Autogeek community as well. I have had to edit my original copy to remove pricing and product links, hopefully that doesn't compromise the information I'm presenting.)

Dressing tires is my absolute favorite detailing task and is ultimately the finishing touch. Somehow, I have managed to collect 23 different tire products over the last few years. Far, far, far too many, but shoot me, I’m a tyre dressing hustler.

There are three main types of tire enhancement products;

1. Dressings – these are short term products used to enhance or “dress” a tire. Expect up to a week or two longevity.

2. Sealants – these products typically last longer than a dressing, one to three months.

3. Coatings – these are said to be the longest lasting of all, up to 6 months, good if you want something set and forget.

With some exceptions, these products are typically split into two different formulation types;

1. Water based – these offer the least longevity, but are far easier to apply, offer more variability to visual taste, are easier to remove and generally wont sling onto bodywork. These are my go-to these days. Water based dressings can be applied to wet or dry tires.

2. Solvent based – these last the longest, but require more care in application, can accumulate dust and dirt, can be messier to remove and do have the ability to sling. Best applied to a cleaned and dried tire surface.

The elephant in the room when talking about tire dressings is the word “shine”. From a personal perspective, I tend to avoid calling these products “Tire Shine”, as for me, that is not the goal. That doesn’t mean I disapprove of a shiny tire, we all like different things. Some prefer a natural undressed tire. Some prefer a glossy, wet look tire. I sit in the middle, not too shiny, but definitely enhanced. A satin sheen the pros would call it.

I came up with the following analogy –

Let’s say you are going out to lunch with friends, perhaps at a nice café. Clearly, you don’t want to turn up in your pajama's, technically you are clothed but perhaps a little undressed. The equivalent of an undressed tire. But you also don’t want to overdo it and show up in a swish black tuxedo, the equivalent to a glossy tire. Instead, you wear a nice pair of jeans, a smart button up shirt and some posh shoes. In other words, smart but not overdone, the equivalent to a satin sheen tire.

Note – the success or otherwise of a tire dressing, sealant or coating comes down the preparation put in prior to application. I never understood the point of cleaning tires, but once I started doing it, I noticed a huge improvement in a couple of key areas. Firstly, the application process seemed to be much smoother, the tire accepting the product much better. And of course, the whole point of the exercise, a cleaned tire with a dressing applied looks so much better.

Note – Longevity claims for tire products are hugely variable, aspects like rain, application prep and rubber compound all factor in real world longevity. As such, most of the detailing companies won’t provide set time frames other than non-committal terms like “long lasting” or “durable”. So, take the longevity section for each product as guide – your milage may vary.

With that, let’s talk product!

The Beginnings –

I’m going back to the early 2000’s here and a teenaged DFB. At the time, there was no such thing as online specialty detailing suppliers, so we chose products from the shelf of a local automotive store. As a cash strapped student, that meant those cheap and horrible cans of aerosol tire shine that produced at classy (yeah right ) wet look.

From there, I progressed into products like Meguiar’s Endurance, Meguiar’s Hot Shine and Autoglym High Performance Tyre Gel. I’m grouping all these together as one because they all did the same thing, producing a longish lasting glossy look. Because of the solvent base, they were messy to apply, never really dried and therefore accumulated dust and dirt. As such, they initially produced a black, glossy look which quickly turned into a brown, glossy look. The final straw was brushing past a tire one morning on the way to said café, leaving black streaks on my favorite pair of jeans. Not cool! Although there was one more solvent based product, which is where I will start the formalities…………..

(Autoglym HP) -

Gyeon Q2 Tire – this was the very first tire dressing I bought that wasn’t from an automotive chain store. A tire sealant, this product can last up to a month or “5 washes” due to its Si02 ceramic formulation. Q2 Tire works by penetrating and then bonding to the rubber, as such Gyeon claim a highly hydrophobic finish, which in turn improves longevity. It can be tailored, but its natural ability is to provide shine.

I can’t find information on whether this product is solvent based, but it sure acts like one. Q2 Tire is more gel like in consistency and requires more effort to thoroughly work into the rubber, while making sure to not overapply. I also highly recommend following the application with a knock down after 30 minutes, otherwise it will sling onto the paint………….ask me how I know this!

In the end, I stopped using this product due to the messy application and sling potential. But, Q2 Tire is a great choice for those who don’t like applying after each wash.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Type/Formulation – Solvent Si02 Tyre Sealant
    Scent – Pleasant, similar to other Gyeon products like Prep & Bathe
    Consistency – Gel
    Best Application Tool – Foam applicator
    Ease of Application – Medium
    Appearance – Satin to Gloss
    Longevity (Claimed) – 4 to 5 weeks
    Longevity (Observed) – 3 to 4 weeks.
    DFB Score – 7/10

NV Onyx - this is what I went to after giving up on Gyeon Q2 Tire and have been singing its praises ever since. Onyx is a water-based tire dressing with one of the most intoxicating caramel scents. Its natural result is a satin sheen but can be ramped up with a second layer. It also provides UV protection and a hydrophobic finish.

The hand cream-like consistency is silky smooth to apply, spreading across the tire with supreme ease. I also like the non-greasy finish and the non-slinging formula. Combined with the fabulous scent, Onyx nails the user experience.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Type/Formulation - Water based dressing
    Scent – Carmel
    Consistency – Lotion-like
    Best Application Tool – Foam Applicator
    Ease of Application – Smooth and easy
    Appearance – Satin
    Longevity (Claimed) – “Weeks, not days”
    Longevity (Observed) – 2 weeks
    DFB Score – 10/10

Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing - it’s been a very long time since I used this product, in fact I mostly used it as an engine bay dressing. Compared to the companies’ other tire product, this version is water based and has much runnier consistency. The big benefit Autoglym highlight is the ability to apply it to a wet or dry surface. It also delivers a much less glossy appearance compared to HP Tyre Gel and is not as sickly scented.

While I haven’t tried this for a while, I do remember enjoying the natural look it achieved and the easy application. Would also make a great wheel arch liner dressing. For the price, its not a bad option and available at most auto stores.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Type/Formulation – Water-based dressing
    Scent – Mild
    Consistency – Runny
    Best Application Tool – Foam applicator or brush
    Ease of Application – Easy
    Appearance – Matte / Satin
    Longevity (Claimed) – Not stated
    Longevity (Observed) – Expect a week at best
    DFB Score – 7/10

303 Protectant - this is not an obvious choice as a tire dressing, but its a great choice for a effortless matte finish.

303's best attribute is the ultra-easy application. The finished result on tires is not obvious, which is a good thing if you prefer a subtle touch.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Type/Formulation – Water-based dressing
    Scent – None
    Consistency – Runny
    Best Application Tool – Foam applicator or brush
    Appearance – Matte
    Longevity (Observed) – 1 week
    DFB Score – 7/10

Gyeon Q2M Tire Express - Gyeon describe this product as a “daily tire and rubber dressing”. That doesn’t necessarily mean you apply it every day, rather that it’s been designed for regular applications compared to the companies longer lasting tire sealant, Q2 Tire. It’s also been tailored for a matte or “natural” look that can be built upon if desired.

In use, Tire Express is easier to apply than Q2 Tire, requiring far less working to achieve a uniform appearance. For some reason though, I just never warmed to it. It’s a good product, but it didn’t wow me.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Type/Formulation – Water based dressing
    Scent – Light Caramel
    Best Application Tool – Foam Applicator
    Appearance – Matte / Satin
    Longevity (Claimed) – “2 washes”
    Longevity (Observed) – 1 to 2 weeks
    DFB Score – 7/10

Chemical Guys VRP - a water-based dressing, VRP is the brands best product. But it’s certainly not worth the better part of $40 they ask for it in Australia! Chemical Guys suggest that VRP will make rubber and plastic “shine like new” and can be used on interior and exterior surfaces. Frankly, due to the claim of “super shine”, I wouldn’t be using this on interior plastics unless you want to make your dashboard look like an oil slick.

The big plus for VRP is the ease of use, the application is super smooth and offers great coverage. The scent is pleasing too. But the achilleas heal, like ALL Chemical Guys products, is the complete lack of longevity. For the price, there are soooo many better options out there.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Scent – Caramel
    Appearance – Gloss
    Longevity (Claimed) – Not stated other than “Long Lasting Protection”
    Longevity (Observed) – A few days at best
    DFB Score – 4/10

Carpro Perl - this is one of Carpro’s best known products, and for good reason. A water-based dressing, Perl’s versatility really sets it apart, from tires to exterior plastics, engine bay dressing, interior plastic dressing and even leather. It can be used neat or right out to 5:1. It provides UV protection and can deliver gloss right down to a matte/barely there appearance depending on dilution. It’s also very economical owing to the concentrate formula.

I will have to admit, this is a product that has grown on me. My initial use didn’t go well, I didn’t understand dilution ratios at the time, as such, I simply mixed it with too much water. I would later use it undiluted and begun to fall in love with it. I now tend to use it mixed at 3:1, which makes a brush application possible, especially useful on larger sidewalls. The big selling point in my view is the deep, dark appearance it imparts and the ability to tailor it to a desired appearance. The finished result is a dry to touch. Easily one of the best tyre dressings on the market. (As a side note, Perl is one of the few dressings to work well on Michelin PS4’s tyres, which can be difficult to achieve consistent and even finish on.)

Dilution – Neat (Tyres), 1:1 (Tires, External Plastics), 1:3 (Engine bays, external plastics), 5:1 (interior use)
    Type/Formulation – Silicone Oxide Water based dressing
    Scent – None
    Consistency – Lotion-like, runny when diluted
    Best Application Tool – Brush (in diluted forms) or foam applicator (when used neat)
    Appearance – Gloss to matte
    Longevity (Claimed) – “Up to 3 months”
    DFB Score – 10/10

Obsessed Garage Tire Dressing - this product replaced Perl as Matt’s tire dressing of choice. It’s a water-based dressing that is said to be easier to apply than Perl and last a little longer. Originally, the product was sent to Matt as a sample by a follower, and after eventually testing it, Matt committed to sourcing and bottling the product on site. Late last year, the OG Tire Dressing made it to Australian shores in a couple of select online retailers.

This is my go-to tire dressing for Michelin PS4S’s, it being able to deliver a consistent, matte or satin finish. If more gloss is required, apply additional coats. Dry to touch, OG Tire Dressing smells divine and does not sling onto body work. I also find a very light wipe after 20 minutes delivers a seamless, smooth finish that really enhances without looking “dressed”. A little pricy, but it does offer excellent coverage. Easily a favorite of mine.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Scent – Sweet Cherry
    Consistency – Lotion-like, runny enough to go through a sprayer though
    Best Application Tool – Brush
    Appearance – Satin to matte
    Longevity (Claimed) – None Stated
    Longevity (Observed) – 2 to 3 weeks
    DFB Score – 10/10

Meguiar's Hyper Dressing - this product is from the Meguiar’s professional line and has been a staple for commercial detailers for a very long time. Originally, Hyper Dressing was only available in larger quantities, which could then be diluted to suit a variety of uses; tires, wheel arches, engine bays, exterior plastic and interior surfaces. However, 3.8 liters of concentrate is far too much for the average enthusiast detailer, not to mention the cost factor. However, Megs have been pre-diluting Hyper Dressing at 1:1 in an RTU format for a couple of years.

I have mostly used Hyper Dressing on engine bays, diluted out to 5:1 for a natural finish. At the 1:1 ratio in RTU form, it will product a moderate to high gloss finish on tyres. Its supremely easy to apply and achieve a consistent look. Finding some (in Australia) is probably its least enticing aspect.

Dilution – Pre-diluted (RTU form)
    Scent – Sweet Cherry
    Consistency – Lotion-like, runny when diluted
    Best Application Tool – Brush or foam applicator
    Appearance – Satin to high gloss
    Longevity (Claimed) – Not Stated
    DFB Score – 8/10

Duragloss 253/254 - a forum favorite, this is an old school product that if you know, you know. 253 seems to be much longer lasting than most water-based dressings, owing to the water-resistant polymers, and delivers an enhanced natural rubber appearance.

This is a runnier product and goes on quite milky but dries to a dry finish. I like applying it larger tires, using a wheel and body brush to improve efficiency. 253 is a bit of sleeper, although its restricted to one outlet in Australia. If you are aiming for a matte or “barely there” look, this is a very good option to consider.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Scent – None
    Consistency – Runny liquid
    Appearance – Matte / Natural
    Longevity (Claimed) – Not Stated other than “long lasting”
    Longevity (Observed) – 3 weeks
    DFB Score – 8/10

Koch Chemie Plast Star PSS - this product is a silicone-oil free dressing for external plastic, rubber trim and tires. The formulation bonds to the treated surface and delivers a semi-matte finish and provides UV protection for the preservation of new surfaces, or rejuvenation of older surfaces.

Plast Star is an unusual product, feeling like no other tire dressing I have experienced. The clear runny liquid applies quite wet but then turns tacky/sticky as it begins to set. That factor is helpful in determining if you have worked the product for long enough. It smells and feels like an evaporative IPA solvent. The finish is a satin sheen and seems to last quite well too. Pricey, but well worth looking at for sure.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Type/Formulation – Solvent based “Preserver”
    Scent – “Solventy”
    Consistency – Clear Runny liquid
    Ease of Application – Moderate, the tackiness takes a bit to get used to
    Appearance – Satin to Semi-gloss
    Longevity (Claimed) – “Months”
    Longevity (Observed) – 3 to 4 weeks
    DFB Score – 8/10

AMMO Mud - not an especially obtainable product for the Australian market, I paid waaaay too much to have a bottle of this. Mud is a water-based tire dressing that is sweetly scented and produces a semi-gloss appearance. It’s said to fast drying and long lasting.

The black gel like consistency requires a little more effort to massage into a dry tire surface, but rewards with an ultra-dark, uniform finish. The cherry scent is not unlike Meguiar’s sling-city Endurance. A nice product, but not worth going hungry for a week to pay for it to be shipped to Australia.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Scent – Cherry
    Consistency – Thick gel
    Ease of Application – Moderate
    Appearance – Satin to Semi-gloss
    Longevity (Claimed) – Not Stated but described as “Long Lasting”
    DFB Score – 7/10

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel - Optimum products tend to fly under the radar, which is a shame because the company makes some really good offerings. Opti-Bond is a water-based dressing, designed for a non-greasy high gloss finish, while also providing UV protection.

To be frank, I didn’t enjoy using this product. I think it was just too blatantly glossy for my taste. It’s application is smooth and longevity is ok, but it didn’t float my boat. I did however learn to always buy the smallest bottle possible until you discover if you actually like the product, as such, I have the better part of a liter of Opti-Bond sitting unused at the back of the cabinet. You win some, you lose some.

Dilution – Pre-diluted or at 1:1
    Scent – None
    Consistency – Thick gel
    Ease of Application – Easy, smooth
    Appearance – High-gloss
    DFB Score – 5/10

Stjarnagloss Gummi - this is another multi-use water-based dressing, able to be applied to plastic and rubber trim as well as tires. It offers UV protection and is a fast drying, high gloss formula.

Again, another product I don’t really like. Its high gloss look doesn’t last long, becoming blotchy after a few days. It also puts up little to no defense to water, so simply washes off at the next wash or in the rain. Granted, its application is smooth and easy, but that can’t make up for the lackluster performance. I have to say, most of the products from this brand I have hated.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Scent – Slight, almost like dishwashing liquid
    Appearance – Satin to gloss
    Longevity (Claimed) – Not Stated but described as “Long Lasting”
    Longevity (Observed) – A few days, a week at best
    DFB Score – 2/10

Angelwax Elixir - this is one of those products from a company that choses to provide little to no information on their products. As such, how do they even manage to sell product if people can’t make an informed decision. So, I can’t remember why I had the confidence to actually buy Elixir. A water-based dressing, it can be used on exterior trim and tires. It’s also said to provide a “waterproof barrier" too, but apart from that, I can’t say anything more.

Having said that, I love this dressing! The runny consistency makes coverage simple, and the dry to touch finish is just the most delightful satin sheen. No wipe downs or excessive buffing required. It’s such a shame no one knows about it, as it really is a terrific product.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Scent – None
    Appearance – Satin sheen
    DFB Score – 9/10

Adam's Graphene Tire Dressing - a brand with a variety of tire dressings, Adam’s released a Graphene version a few years ago. Now, I really didn’t buy this product for the Graphene, or maybe I did? My theory was, I wanted to try the Adam’s dressing that would be different from most of the products already in my cabinet. The fact that the Graphene element is that differentiating factor has nothing to do with the current Graphene fad that is taking over the industry.

The formation appears to be water based but has “graphene infused ceramic resins” added to improve longevity and provide a deep black appearance. Adam’s suggest that it was designed for larger tread block tires and that it wont sling.

I had absolutely no expectations with this product but was instantly impressed. The runny liquid applies easily, something that is valuable on larger SUV tyres. But the finish is what sets it apart, the matte finish has little to no gloss to it and it simply enhances the look without being overdone. Be sure to shake the bottle well prior to use to redistribute the graphene. Yes, its expensive, but don’t sleep on this product, its truly excellent.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Scent – Watermelon
    Appearance – Matte to Satin
    Longevity (Claimed) – Not Stated other than “Highly Durable”
    DFB Score – 10/10

Auto Finesse Satin - this is what Auto Finesse describes as a “progressive finish” dressing, as in it can be built upon to the desired look. At its core though, and as the name suggests, Satin produces a satin look, the most “barely there” end result I have come across. The water based formula has UV inhibitors and has a crčme like consistency.

In use, Satin will easily provide a subtle enhancement with no buffing to deliver that matte finish. I have not tried layering Satin, frankly there are other products that can do gloss with one application. The product is effortless to apply.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Scent – Berries
    Appearance – Matte to Satin to Low Gloss
    DFB Score – 5/10

P&S Shine All - this a brand that has a large number of solvent and water-based dressings to choose from, too many to the point of confusion in my opinion. Shine All is part of the Double Black line, as such is focused on the enthusiast market. The water-based Shine All was designed for a glossier appearance and especially tailored for larger sidewalls and rough surfaces. It can also be diluted to reduce its gloss potential.

Application is simply, best teamed with a foam applicator and coverage from the runny liquid is excellent. This is not a wow product, rather it’s a workhorse.

Dilution – Pre-diluted but can be watered down if desired
    Scent – None
    Consistency – Slightly thick runny liquid
    Appearance – High Gloss
    DFB Score – 6/10

P&S Dynamic - this is primarily aimed at interior dressing but can also be used on tires. It’s now only available in pre-diluted form, but the water-based formula allows for further dilution if desired. Think of Dynamic as P&S’s version of Perl, as in used on multiple surfaces.

The Banana scent is what you notice first, other than that, it doesn’t excel as a tire dressing.

Dilution – Pre-diluted but can be watered down if desired
    Scent – Banana
    Consistency – Runny Liquid
    Appearance – Satin
    DFB Score – 6/10

P&S Shape Up - yet another multi-surface water-based dressing from P&S. Much is made about the UV protective factor with Shape Up as well as the statement that it will last for “weeks”. I see this product as an alternative to Meguiar’s Hyper Dressing.

Like all of these P&S dressings, the runny consistency is easy to apply. The finish left is a natural, matte to satin look. Again, a workhorse product rather than a wow product. Well priced.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Scent – Lemon
    Consistency – Runny Liquid
    Appearance – Natural to Matte
    Longevity (Claimed) – Not Stated other than “weeks”
    DFB Score – 6/10

Gtechniq T2 - a brand that offers two tire products, T2 is the water-based version with less longevity compared to T1 Tyre Coating. T2 apparently repels dirt and is body shop safe. Gloss finish and non-slinging.

I don’t really like this product, it just doesn’t wow or excel. Not worth the bother.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Scent – None
    Appearance – Glossy
    Longevity (Claimed) – Not Stated other than “good durability”
    DFB Score – 2/10

Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Graphene Acrylic Tire Shine Spray Coating – yes, that is what the product is officially called. Perhaps Turtle Wax thought by throwing as many words as possible into the product name that they would convince people into thinking this is the most advanced product you can apply to your tyres. Completely unnecessary and confusing name aside, I bought this product after hearing other tyre-dressing-junkies singing its praises. Considered a sealant rather than dressing, the graphene and acrylic polymers are said to improve longevity, quoted as “months of shine and protection”. The product delivers a jet-black glossy finish.

This is a weird product, one that I found to produce a slightly uneven finished result. As the name suggests, it smells like acrylic paint. Dry to touch, it offers decent longevity though, but does take a little more aggression to remove. Frankly, if Turtle Wax spent less time getting as many fancy sounding words into the name and a little more time on the user experience, this would be a much nicer product to use.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Type/Formulation – Sealant
    Scent – Like house paint
    Ease of Application – Moderate
    Appearance – Glossy
    Longevity (Claimed) – “Months and Months”
    Longevity (Observed) – 1+ Month
    DFB Score – 2/10

Carpro Darkside - this is a relatively new product in the Carpro range, Darkside launched in late January. This solvent-based tire sealant offers up to 3 months durability and is claimed to offer excellent hydrophobic and self-cleaning properties. It’s big claim to fame is the deep, dark satin finish it produces.

Being solvent based, I didn’t really know if I was going to like this product. However, the finished results speak for themselves, and the claims of a deeper, darker result are realised. The scent is pleasing, and longevity is better than Perl, although the 3-month claim is widely optimistic. The only drawback to Darkside is that it needs extensive working to provide an even, consistent look. You also need to avoid water contact for 1-2 hours. Apart from that, this is a favorite of mine.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Type/Formulation – Solvent based sealant
    Scent – Cherry
    Ease of Application – Moderate-Difficult
    Appearance – Satin to Glossy
    Longevity (Claimed) – “Up to 3 months”
    Longevity (Observed) – 1+ Month
    DFB Score - 9/10

DIY Detail Tire Dressing - a new brand to Australia, one that focuses on simple, easy to use pro-grade products. This is a runny, water-based dressing that delivers a glossy non-greasy finish that can be adjusted to taste. UV protection is a key aspect highlighted by DIY.

The application is simple and effective with excellent coverage. Its able to be teamed with a brush or foam applicator. This not a stellar product, but it does achieve what the brand sets out to be.

Dilution – Pre-diluted
    Scent – Apple
    Consistency –Runny liquid
    Best Application Tool – Foam applicator or Brush
    Appearance – Satin to Glossy
    DFB Score - 7/10

​Conclusions -

I have to say, there are very few tyre dressings that I dislike, but there are certainly some standouts.

Carpro Perl, NV Onyx and Obsessed Garage Tire Dressing are easily the favorites in my rotation. Honorable mentions go to Adam's Graphene and Koch Chemie Plast Star. Carpro Darkside has also impressed of late.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tire Dressing Comparison Thread

Very nicely done Buddy

3. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So, do you have a notebook where you write all this down, or do you use a spreadsheet, that's some in depth info right there. I'll know what not to use.

Also, did you ever try So Easy? It was the thing to use back in the 90s, it was like a mini foam cannon for your tyres, very slingy from what I remember.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

5. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    So, do you have a notebook where you write all this down, or do you use a spreadsheet, that's some in depth info right there. I'll know what not to use.

Also, did you ever try So Easy? It was the thing to use back in the 90s, it was like a mini foam cannon for your tyres, very slingy from what I remember.

Haven't tried that products, but it appears to be still available at the usual auto stores.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Very nicely done Buddy
    Watched the video you appeared in with the Guz last night, nice work!

8. Thanks DanaDetailingPros thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post

I have a huge Excel spreadsheet that helps keep track of a number of detailing related topics.

I have pages for detailing chemicals, towels, pads and tools. Each page is broken down into specific categories, with the product listed by name and has a corresponding link to where it was purchased from. I then have notes as needed. These pages document every single product that I have bought over the last few years.

I then have a listing of suppliers from all over the world, as well as an order page for products that I want or need to get.

Then there are pages for links to various threads I have written, which helps me direct people to specific topics when they come up as questions.

The most helpful page is the image library. With sooooo many pictures, it can take a while to scroll through my Postimage galleries, so these link directly to the image I want. Its taken a while to compile that list, which I add to as I go along now.

I guess all that makes it sound like I have too much time on my hands. Perhaps, but I tend to do this while I'm watching TV or listening to music.

10. Thanks Big Dave, vaced, Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, Bruno Soares, bill walsh, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent, great use of technology. One of the many reasons I left my last job was their insistence on using hand written lists. Many, many years ago I had a manager who told me to teach myself how to use excel, play with it and make myself more useful. I created a spreadsheet to record my fuel usage, I still have it and it dates back into the 90s through maybe 5 or 6 cars.

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey DFB have you tried the new Bowdens own 'Sweet Rubber' tyre dressing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Hey DFB have you tried the new Bowdens own 'Sweet Rubber' tyre dressing.
    I haven't, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding review !!! Thanks for putting it together.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

16. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast