autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Did a Frothe wash today. Dispute all the new rinsless’s out that I have tried Frothe still my favorite.

Cleaned wheels thoroughly and applied Polish angel SuperSport. Deep cleaned tires and tried new tire dressings. This tire got a 50/50 with DarkSide and TW graphene. Other side got Griots and TW.

P21s polishing soap to bring the tips back and then coated with SuperSport.

Been almost a year where I had stamina to do a wash, wheels and tire and apply something to all.

Felt good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you like Dark Side Crack?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Nice so far. Drove to portland today so see how it holds up

3. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    I'm not Crack but I have Darkside and used it and here's my .02 cents on it. You really need to apply it thinly and let cure, the longer the better. It also doesn't hurt to to level it down after that. I've had the product sling a little but that was from my first time go around.

That said the looks are NICE, so dark and rich lookinWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes DFB, Uncbrs, DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm not Crack but I have Darkside and used it and here's my .02 cents on it. You really need to apply it thinly and let cure, the longer the better. It also doesn't hurt to to level it down after that. I've had the product sling a little but that was from my first time go around.

That said the looks are NICE, so dark and rich lookinWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I agree. Couldn't agree more actually.

My first go around with it I way over applied... embarrassingly so now that I know. It even sat two weeks before I drove it and still had sling all over. I had to level it after two weeks of drying time. I think I used enough for 20 tires What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

7. Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While I did some detailing Saturday, I'm more blown away with what I did 3 or 4 weeks ago. My vehicle wasn't dirty but wanted to clean it up from the light road grime and dust. I was also wanting to use some new products so decided I would enjoy one of our first 70 degree days and go all in.

I did a PW prewash and foam wash and each one was just rolling off the car. I noticed the water was beading and running impressively well while doing wheels & tires earlier and then it hit me... That was the combo of PolishAngel and Kamikaze Overcoat at work. I'm going to say primarily Overcoat since I've worked with the PA products before. I'm a big believer in Overcoat (on top of just about anything) after yesterday. I don't ceramic coat anything so I can only imagine Overcoat is the closest thing to a coating. I was so impressed I took advantage of the 10% sale this weekend at the distributor for Kamikaze and will try ver5.0 now. Great stuff!

I'll throw a picture on this post for my final results yesterday but primarily wanted to share how impressed I was with Overcoat!

9. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, SNP209, opie, bill walsh and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned off the bugs from a few recent road trips and wiped down the engine bay to keep her brand new fresh. Not bad for 34k miles.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Cleaned off the bugs from a few recent road trips and wiped down the engine bay to keep her brand new fresh. Not bad for 34k miles.

Showroom ready.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes you do nice things for nice people just because.

An elderly lady wanted to have her husbands treasured truck detailed for his birthday and I was able to squeeze her in first thing in the morning before I took the fam out of town for the day. She’s a retired teacher, which I hope to be in a few years, and after sharing some educational stories her husband inquired about ceramic coatings but it was a bit out of their budget. I gave the couple the free retired teacher/birthday boy upgrade to a one year coating and the husband was thrilled with how his truck turned out. Their gratitude made the extra work worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    While I did some detailing Saturday, I'm more blown away with what I did 3 or 4 weeks ago. My vehicle wasn't dirty but wanted to clean it up from the light road grime and dust. I was also wanting to use some new products so decided I would enjoy one of our first 70 degree days and go all in.

I did a PW prewash and foam wash and each one was just rolling off the car. I noticed the water was beading and running impressively well while doing wheels & tires earlier and then it hit me... That was the combo of PolishAngel and Kamikaze Overcoat at work. I'm going to say primarily Overcoat since I've worked with the PA products before. I'm a big believer in Overcoat (on top of just about anything) after yesterday. I don't ceramic coat anything so I can only imagine Overcoat is the closest thing to a coating. I was so impressed I took advantage of the 10% sale this weekend at the distributor for Kamikaze and will try ver5.0 now. Great stuff!

I'll throw a picture on this post for my final results yesterday but primarily wanted to share how impressed I was with Overcoat!

Your gonna like it…

On my old mustang (jet black) my favorite combo was kami OCv1 with PA cosmic spritz ontop. Look lovely.

Havent tried with v5

14. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed webbing the last time I used my wipers. Mine are Bosch, and they're not cheap, so I thought I'd service them rather than replace them. I sprayed straight water onto the rubbers, then wiped them with a lint free cloth until all the contamination was gone. Then coated the plastic bits with Mother's Ceramic Trim Restore & Coat. So they go back on clean glass, I went over the windscreen with Ech2o.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Page 1002 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 2502902952992993994995996997998999100010011002100310041005100610071008100910101011101210521102 ... LastLast