autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Washes - 2022

I have a question about Absolute and figured I’d ask it here instead of starting a new topic that only warrants a handful of responses.

I just got a bottle in and I’ve never used a rw before. I have a bottle of ONR that’s almost empty that I use for QD, ID and clay lube. So, on the Absolute bottle it says 1 ounce for 2 gallons of water for a RW. So a regular 5 gallon would be 2.5 ounces, correct? Can it be used as a water softener as well in my soap bucket on a two bucket wash?

I’ve also thought about putting some in my AGO pump sprayer and letting it soak for a few minutes before rinsing it off and foaming my truck. Is that feasible? How much should I dilute in a sprayer if so?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2021 Ford F-150 XL STX 5.0 Coyote
    2016 Ford Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost
    2010 GMC Acadia 3.6

Post Thanks / Like

If you were gonna fill up a 5 gallon bucket all the way to the top, it would be 2.5 ounces. If you're gonna fill up the bucket 80% (4 gallons of water), it would be 2 ounces. I've never made more than 2 gallons of RW solution. I personally use the same concentration when I spray it on as a pretreat. When I'm done with the RW, the excess gets poured into the sprayer for next time.

3. Thanks Brrr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    If you were gonna fill up a 5 gallon bucket all the way to the top, it would be 2.5 ounces. If you're gonna fill up the bucket 80% (4 gallons of water), it would be 2 ounces. I've never made more than 2 gallons of RW solution. I personally use the same concentration when I spray it on as a pretreat. When I'm done with the RW, the excess gets poured into the sprayer for next time.
    Thanks. Appreciate it. I bought some TRC Edgeless Pearl towels and thought about throwing all of them in a 5 gallon bucket of absolute RW and putting a lid on it to use until it’s all gone.

I was just confused about the 2.5 ounces thing because I normally don’t measure out my buckets of soap. I just put water about half way up the bucket, 2 ounces of Reset and then fill it up until the suds get close to the top.

2021 Ford F-150 XL STX 5.0 Coyote
    2016 Ford Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost
    2010 GMC Acadia 3.6

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    I mix up 2-2.5 gallons personally for a RW.

Usually 10 liters. Not a fan of the standard system. For 1 liter of RW you simply add 4ml of Absolute. I've even mixed it 1:20 - 50ml per liter - and it still cleans glass nicely.

You can use it as a pre-treat sure, i would try it using the 1:256 ratio first and see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brrr View Post
    I’ve also thought about putting some in my AGO pump sprayer and letting it soak for a few minutes before rinsing it off and foaming my truck. Is that feasible? How much should I dilute in a sprayer if so?
    Pre-treating with a RW is POINTLESS and a waste of product if your going to do a traditional bucket wash.

Wait until your vehicle is in a "in-between" wash phase. Somewhere between dusty and lightly soiled. Then try out Absolute the way it was intended to be used. That way you can get the feel of how to rinseless wash. There is nothing to be afraid of as long as you use common sense, a good technique and high quality towels.

7. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Dislikes noorth disliked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Yvan Lacroix demonstrated on youtube a rinseless pre-treat before rinsing will help pull dirt down the panels.

I haven't tried it yet. But i will be this season.

It's hard to waste RW lol The stuff is so cheap. Just 4-5ml for 1000ml.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that if you did a RW pretreat and then foamed, you're foaming a wet car so the foam won't dwell as long.

10. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brrr View Post
    Thanks. Appreciate it. I bought some TRC Edgeless Pearl towels and thought about throwing all of them in a 5 gallon bucket of absolute RW and putting a lid on it to use until it’s all gone.

I was just confused about the 2.5 ounces thing because I normally don’t measure out my buckets of soap. I just put water about half way up the bucket, 2 ounces of Reset and then fill it up until the suds get close to the top.

You need to be more accurate with your measurements with rinse-less.

The standard dilution ratio for Absolute is the same as ONR, 256:1.

I'm terrible with math, so this website makes it easier. You can then just adjust your measurements for how much you need to mix up.

Dilution Ratio Calculator

Post Thanks / Like

Did a rinseless with both Absolute and DiY.

DIY with BRS and Absolute with UBS. Also tried a MF towel with each

Pretreated half car with Absolute and half with DIY.

DiY performed a lot better w/o a foam pretreat. I still prefer absolute due to slckness. Favorite trait in a bucket wash and now also in rinseless.

I think DiY may be more surfactant heavy as it reminds me a lot of 914. Like the towel feel a little better tho. Probably second behind Absolute.

ONR is still second for me due to encapsulation but DiY is close and maybe will pass it up with more use. Maybe the same reactant base may clean a little better but if car not that dirty not a factor.

Still if buying in NOT gallons Absolute wipes the floor with DiY for me as it notches it in slickness. Cleans cars just as well and you get double the amount with same dilution ratio for $19

I tried rinseless different areas for opposite pretreat. Thought I’d like a surfactant pretreat with polymer rinseless but think I’ll stick with same brands for both.

Absolute also felt slicker with a MF towel.

Just my thoughts but really can’t go wrong with the top 5 most populat brands. Anyone could argue they’re favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, noorth, MidnightNarwhal, CleanIT, PNWSam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Did a rinseless with both Absolute and DiY.

DIY with BRS and Absolute with UBS. Also tried a MF towel with each

Pretreated half car with Absolute and half with DIY.

DiY performed a lot better w/o a foam pretreat. I still prefer absolute due to slckness. Favorite trait in a bucket wash and now also in rinseless.

I think DiY may be more surfactant heavy as it reminds me a lot of 914. Like the towel feel a little better tho. Probably second behind Absolute.

ONR is still second for me due to encapsulation but DiY is close and maybe will pass it up with more use. Maybe the same reactant base may clean a little better but if car not that dirty not a factor.

Still if buying in NOT gallons Absolute wipes the floor with DiY for me as it notches it in slickness. Cleans cars just as well and you get double the amount with same dilution ratio for $19

I tried rinseless different areas for opposite pretreat. Thought I’d like a surfactant pretreat with polymer rinseless but think I’ll stick with same brands for both.

Absolute also felt slicker with a MF towel.

Just my thoughts but really can’t go wrong with the top 5 most populat brands. Anyone could argue they’re favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I cracked and went ahead and ordered a bottle of DIY, should be here next week.

What is the scent profile of DIY?

15. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast