autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today non-detailing related?

I just got home from work, looks like they finished the other side and most of the back. Guess we'll see if they'll be pulling it all down or not. At least the wall is fully covered, so we can see how much a difference it makes with cold night ahead.

Just putting my in the cabinet seems warmer and it's down to 3F outside.

The saga continues.

Oh, and on the permit front, they pulled one for the roof last fall, but didn't get one for siding. Since they started the work before the permit, they had to pay double. They should have just pulled one for all of it.

2. Likes chilly, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the rain fall outside a window and looked at how the grass and flowers loved it!

I live a very exciting life

4. Likes chilly, Big Dave, dgage, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    I watched the rain fall outside a window and looked at how the grass and flowers loved it!

I live a very exciting life
    There’s a LOT to be said for a simple life my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post

Cheers Chilly, We haven't had decent rain in Tassie since last spring and we got a nice splash yesterday. Could of got more but at least the rain water tank for cleaning car's went up to nearly full. 4 rungs down from the top.

7. Likes chilly, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to the golf driving range, I even hit some of them straight, then got some lunch. While I was out, I ran into one of the truck drivers who delivers to my old work, he told me my old boss is being run off his feet. I gave them a whole months notice, and they didn't bother replacing me, so now he's doing it all by himself. I feel bad for him, but it shows their level of commitment to the warehouse, I made the right call.

Right now I'm sitting in the garage with the dogs, watching a show about Nazi Megastructures, thinking about dusting off the Qashqai, and giving it a QD.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

9. Thanks dgage thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, Tasmania, Coatingsarecrack, DFB, dgage and 2 others liked this post
    Dislikes dgage disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I went to the golf driving range, I even hit some of them straight, then got some lunch. While I was out, I ran into one of the truck drivers who delivers to my old work, he told me my old boss is being run off his feet. I gave them a whole months notice, and they didn't bother replacing me, so now he's doing it all by himself. I feel bad for him, but it shows their level of commitment to the warehouse, I made the right call.

Right now I'm sitting in the garage with the dogs, watching a show about Nazi Megastructures, thinking about dusting off the Qashqai, and giving it a QD.

My daughter has gone through the giving extra notice and then being guilted because they didn't think about replacing her scenario twice in the last two years...

What part of "I am leaving" do people not get?

In my old job unless HR forced me to hold off I had a hiring notice out for review and posting by the end of the day the employee gave me their notice

I am soooooo glad I am retired

11. Likes Big Dave, DFB, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter has gone through the giving extra notice and then being guilted because they didn't think about replacing her scenario twice in the last two years...

What part of "I am leaving" do people not get?

In my old job unless HR forced me to hold off I had a hiring notice out for review and posting by the end of the day the employee gave me their notice

I am soooooo glad I am retired
    On my last day, in the last half hour, I went into the office and asked if they were going to do an exit interview, or if I had to sign any paperwork. Nope. So I just packed up, said goodbye to those who were interested, and there were a few who sought me out, and left. One person did say the reason they do it that way was so I could come back at any time without any extra paperwork, if I change my mind. They don't know me that well. I can be very stubborn, once I've made up my mind.

13. Likes DFB, chilly, bill walsh, dgage, PaulMys and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How far were you hitting golf balls? I'm good for maybe 200m but that's it

15. Likes Big Dave, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    How far were you hitting golf balls? I'm good for maybe 200m but that's it
    I used to be good for 220m (20 years ago), but now I'm more consistent around 190m. I used to win some longest drive prizes with the group I played with in Sydney, my longest was 270m thanks to a very favourable bounce, on the green in one, then a 3 putt, cue the swearing.

The range I go to has some random targets as well as distance markers, think a clothes dryer at 50, a tilted washing machine at 100, and big metal bin, 1.5 X 1.5 out at 180. I got it in the big metal bin last week, and the washer a couple of months ago, you get a $5 discount for your accuracy. I was hitting well today, I managed to bounce one off the top edge of the bin on the full.

17. Likes chilly, oneheadlite, dgage, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to be good for 220m (20 years ago), but now I'm more consistent around 190m. I used to win some longest drive prizes with the group I played with in Sydney, my longest was 270m thanks to a very favourable bounce, on the green in one, then a 3 putt, cue the swearing.

The range I go to has some random targets as well as distance markers, think a clothes dryer at 50, a tilted washing machine at 100, and big metal bin, 1.5 X 1.5 out at 180. I got it in the big metal bin last week, and the washer a couple of months ago, you get a $5 discount for your accuracy. I was hitting well today, I managed to bounce one off the top edge of the bin on the full.
    Forget the $5 discount, I feel like the sound of hitting a big metal bin at 180 meters would be satisfaction enough.

Side note, do they comp your round if you tag the golf cart of the employee who went out to authenticate your target shot?

19. Likes dgage, opie liked this post
Page 247 of 353 FirstFirst ... 147197237238239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253254255256257297347 ... LastLast