autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless wash sponges

Yeah it seems pure cleaners do that, must be something with Gloss enhancers blocking the cleaners in thereRinseless wash sponges

I encourage you guys to try Feynlab RW and Griot's Garage Brillant Finish RW as wellRinseless wash spongesRinseless wash sponges

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless sponges scare the crap out of me. In my opinion, they just move the dirt instead of lifting it off of the surface. I will always use a clean chenille wash mitt or multiple wash mitts with an added rinse bucket. My wash bucket stays relatively clean, the rinse bucket gets all of the dirt and my drying towel stays relatively clean.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

3. Likes chilly, DFB, msharpe785 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't agree more!
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash sponges

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Rinseless sponges scare the crap out of me. In my opinion, they just move the dirt instead of lifting it off of the surface. I will always use a clean chenille wash mitt or multiple wash mitts with an added rinse bucket. My wash bucket stays relatively clean, the rinse bucket gets all of the dirt and my drying towel stays relatively clean.
    The sponge by itself would inflict damage, it’s the fact that it’s dripping wet that makes a world of difference. It suddenly becomes super soft & wet, and I’m sure there’s more that I can’t fully explain, but that’s the 1st thing that obviously changes and why no one should judge it by just holding a dry rinseless sponge in their hands.

It’d be like holding a raw steakRinseless wash spongesand declaring it’s not going to taste great and be tender before the chef even gets to grill it. Lol.

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    1 last thing I wanted to add for comparison sake with the OP. This is in reference to the rinseless wash I did in post #49^

I already showed these next 2 pics in my previous post. Btw I have to say that especially considering how much dirt was in the rinse bucket, the wash bucket was remarkably clean after the rinseless.

Look at how much dirt was underneath the Grit Guard in the rinse bucket.

And like I said, it actually felt safe, or at least safe enough considering the vehicle and it’s paint color, etc. but seeing how clean the wash bucket stayed throughout the process and seeing all that dirt at the bottom of the rinse bucket is pretty satisfying.

I must say, I’m impressed by the McKee’s N-914 when compared to Wolfgang Uber when using the BRS, because the Uber simply doesn’t release the dirt from the sponge anywhere near as good as the McKee’s. It’s like night/day and if you’re using a sponge or just 1 piece of wash media that makes a big difference.

“Wash media”… How long’s it been since anyone’s said that? Lol.
    I feel sick just looking at that!

9. Likes Eldorado2k, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not being a jerk but your opinion about sponges is like all the folks opinions on rinseless who have never tried them.

They say the same thing about not enough water/lubrication removing contamination on the paint.

But i’m guessing your opinion on rinseless solutions differ from theirs because you have tried it?

I was in the same boat as them about rinseless and as you about sponges till I actually tried them.

I think the sponge works. I wouldn’t use it on the winter grime I just tried it on once i coat and polish but I do think it is effective on moderately dirty car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes Eldorado2k, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash sponges

I used to think rinseless sponges were a bit foolish. I’ve had that BRS tucked away for years. And while the rinseless I performed in this thread might’ve looked a bit crazy, it did a heck of alot to erase most of the doubts that I once had about the sponge method.

The most impressive thing to me was for the amount of grit in my rinse bucket, just look at the wash bucket in comparison and tell me that’s not night/day. IMO that’s pretty freaking amazing there. I’m always willing to try new methods & products.Rinseless wash sponges

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Not being a jerk but your opinion about sponges is like all the folks opinions on rinseless who have never tried them.

They say the same thing about not enough water/lubrication removing contamination on the paint.

But i’m guessing your opinion on rinseless solutions differ from theirs because you have tried it?

I was in the same boat as them about rinseless and as you about sponges till I actually tried them.

I think the sponge works. I wouldn’t use it on the winter grime I just tried it on once i coat and polish but I do think it is effective on moderately dirty car.

I have done many rinseless washes and I am a big fan. I also do have a rinseless sponge but I have not used it yet. I do plan on trying it one of these days but I always gravitate toward my chenille wash mitts.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done many rinseless washes and I am a big fan. I also do have a rinseless sponge but I have not used it yet. I do plan on trying it one of these days but I always gravitate toward my chenille wash mitts.
    It’s funny how in all seriousness we tend to overthink or see one thing that resonates with us. I use to use chenille exclusively for 2 buckets and rinseless.

Then I saw a video in wash media (Forensics? Apex?) and the looked at them under a microscope and it showed dirt sticking to the tip of the noodle/finger.

Basically said it would stick their at the edge and as you move around you were whipping dirt across paint. There research showed the shorter MF like the Incredimitt did better job of releasing and imbedding dirt.

Was there T actually true? No idea but did a good job of getting ne to buy 15 new mitts and going back to microfiber for rinseless.

16. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think LC,37,OPT and so on would put there stamp of approval on using a BRS and the others if they would scratch the paint?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast