autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D Graphene Ceramic Coating

Now where were we.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    In regards to Mike. I haven't seen any serious red flags over the years. However, I've always approached his posts (Meguiars and AG) from the viewpoint that he was being paid to say something good about a product. Most of these products are good products, some are better than others. Still, as a whole, this place was more functional with him behind the wheel.
    Yeah he worked for geek so he reviewed everything with a AG eye but I felt he did a good job of letting everyone know what he really liked and used in his detail.

I tried 2 PBL items he recommended PBL L&V coating (hit) and PBL diamond surface coating (huge miss). But I felt like he was honest.

I had started a thread when I thought I had Clear coat burn through in the ask mike section.

He asked some follow up questions like what pads products did I use and so I posted back.

He never responded back as I have seen him be most helpful in those threads.

At the end of his first post he said something like easiest fix is to get rid of that light. I’m freaking out thinking I burned CC and he’s got jokes but no solution.

I get he might of been busy but I didn’t like our interaction and just left it from there. I wasn’t mad at him cuz he’s been helpful to others and other things might have came up but I just didn’t rely on him for anymore recommendations and spent my vacation time I took off for one of his classes to go to Vegas instead.

He was basically Pan 2.0 for me. Nice enough guy with helpful tidbits that was posting post of products he endorsed (which he should). Didn’t really affect positively or negatively.

I would have probably left the forum normally if I wasn’t getting help but you guys, the AG community, looked out for me in that thread.

Why I’m still here….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes dgage, chilly, Klasse Act, opie, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I avoided the fakebook detailing groups for 10 years. Joined one about a month ago to see what's up. Its for sure a flamefest. I can typically hang with the best as far as that sort of thing goes, but so many of the participants are so ignorant I'm not wasting my time with that. Me thinks they all met up at the annual ARC convention and passed around a jug of water from Camp Lejeune.

I sure miss Bob. That guy was so intelligent I always felt like a fool trying to respond to his comments. BobbyG is another one that I miss. There are DOZENS more. Wish the forum could catch a 2nd wind
    In 2015 I was on an fb detailer trading page. I would post something for sale and it would be gone, sometimes in hours.

Today it will sit for a year. I have no idea where all of that traffic went.

I think it's possible for the fourm to pick up again at some point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I avoided the fakebook detailing groups for 10 years. Joined one about a month ago to see what's up. Its for sure a flamefest. I can typically hang with the best as far as that sort of thing goes, but so many of the participants are so ignorant I'm not wasting my time with that. Me thinks they all met up at the annual ARC convention and passed around a jug of water from Camp Lejeune.

I sure miss Bob. That guy was so intelligent I always felt like a fool trying to respond to his comments. BobbyG is another one that I miss. There are DOZENS more. Wish the forum could catch a 2nd wind
    PiPUK was another good one. Guy is a chemist that formulates detailing products so he could see right through the bs.

6. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no desire to join FB, it's a sespool3D Graphene Ceramic Coating

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes Bosko, dlc95, opie, chilly, Eric7810 and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    PiPUK was another good one. Guy is a chemist that formulates detailing products so he could see right through the bs.
    He was great!

10. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I am also curious to see reviews of the new I Cut compound/polish; there's not much info on it and I am curious to see what makes it different from 3D One
    On the new icut....This is straight from the horses mouth lol

opie said:
    Hey mike, this new icut...is this a pad dependant product?

Mike: Yes. Change the type of pad and the type of tool to either increase or decrease cut.

opie said:
    What are the differences between icut and 3D one?

Mike: I do not know the specifics but I will tell you this, I-cut is an INDUSTRIAL grade compound/polish formulated for and targeted at high production shops that value speed and a lower price point over quality.

In my opinion, this is not really a product for detailing enthusiasts but for production body shops. It's ingredients and price point are to compete against other cheaper competitors but outperform them in both speed and quality of results. This doesn't mean this product will create the same high quality results as the rest of the compounds and polishes in our line.

opie said:
    The description says removing sanding marks..so geared towards a body shop setting for after dry sanding fresh paint?

Mike: This is a product for high production body shop that care more about speed using a lower coat product. This is not a product targeted at shops or even people looking for the best performing product at any cost.

I believe it is specifically targeted for European markets and the brands chop shops have been purchasing, Farécla G360 being one of them.

I have only tested it one time and from my initial experience, this is not a product I would use for the high caliber cars I work on.

This is a PRODUCTION product to compete in the collision industry with cheap products that don't work great.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

12. Thanks Klasse Act, Eric7810, SameGuy thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, chilly, Eric7810, SameGuy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There must be different formulations of Teflon. I bought some Tube Lube from a pool store to use on weather seals and it claims to have Teflon in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    There must be different formulations of Teflon. I bought some Tube Lube from a pool store to use on weather seals and it claims to have Teflon in it.
    it is

Teflon is still around thanks mostly to the PFOA Stewardship Program. Because PFOA is no longer a component of Teflon, Teflon proponents say the compound is no longer harmful, and that cooking it is perfectly safe for your health.

the good stuff that was in it (Florine) is not....that is what made it good though......

Post Thanks / Like

3D Graphene Ceramic Coating

That exchange with Mike about iCut is an example of why I love that guy. I owe a lot to him for his write ups, videos, and books.

The man did God’s work for us detailers during his time at AG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes CleanIT, opie, SameGuy, The Guz liked this post
    Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast