autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish angel or gyeon?

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    Well I will chime in here 'cause I think I have something to offer on this. I really think there are some PA products that are very good. I have tried quite a few of their line up. I think the Cosmic V2 with the Cosmic spritz for maint. is my #1 combo. It is not a typical coating like CP UK 3.0 or SiC ( which i like also ). Their high gloss is great but doesnt last long enough for me. Rapidwax is just OK. The black bond & driver were not good products at all for me. The viking series was a 100% worthless waste of $$ & it was pricey-- DO NOT buy this.. One of the big attractions for the PA line is ease of application & removal-- I have yet to find anything that compares to the ease of use-- if someone out there knows of something equivalent I am all ears.
    I like using Hydro 2 on my wheels and roof of my pickup-- I just ran out so I am looking into the GYEON equivelant-- I know they have one, just dont know what its called. Anyone?
    Thanks for the good info luckdog! I may give that v2 and spritz a try on the buhog.

I believe that is gyeon wet coat you are thinking of

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I have thought of mohs evo before but wasnt sure on it since it sweats...havent done a coating install like that yet. I have had a habbit of sticking to a coating once i get comfortable with it. Which is how i am with pure evo, plus i love the look of pure evo. Hense why im thinking of stepping out of my box so to speak.

I will keep that one in mind though

I'm a huge fan of slickness....and MOHS definitely checks that box. Is Pure difficult to install?

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will find Gyeon Pure to be ‘tougher’ than Cosmic V2 while ease of use and (subjective) good looks will lean towards Cosmic V2.

Cosmic is more of a ‘Super Sealant’ as opposed to a true ceramic coating like Pure or Mohs.

Pure or Mohs with some CanCoat on top is a pretty stout combo; maintain w Gyeon Ceramic Detailer if you want some slickness.

Cosmic Spritz and Overcoat are great maintenance products, neither is overwhelmingly slick…or grabby either.

While I think Cosmic Glasscoat V2 is deliciously beautiful and a joy to use, it would have a hard time matching the Gyeon products in longevity & durability on a frequently used daily driver in a harsh climate. None of the Gyeon products are particularity difficult to use either.

Kinda an embarrassment of riches, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Likes PaulMys, opie, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Is Pure difficult to install?
    Imo it is not that difficult. Once you use it once or twice to get a feel for how to work it, its not bad. Still gotta pay attention for high spots and all but the one coat application and long wipe off times really makes it nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I think you will find Gyeon Pure to be ‘tougher’ than Cosmic V2 while ease of use and (subjective) good looks will lean towards Cosmic V2.

Cosmic is more of a ‘Super Sealant’ as opposed to a true ceramic coating like Pure or Mohs.

Pure or Mohs with some CanCoat on top is a pretty stout combo; maintain w Gyeon Ceramic Detailer if you want some slickness.

Cosmic Spritz and Overcoat are great maintenance products, neither is overwhelmingly slick…or grabby either.

While I think Cosmic Glasscoat V2 is deliciously beautiful and a joy to use, it would have a hard time matching the Gyeon products in longevity & durability on a frequently used daily driver in a harsh climate. None of the Gyeon products are particularity difficult to use either.

Kinda an embarrassment of riches, really.

Good info to know, thanks! I did just find out a little of what you mentioned by watching esoterics video on it.

Durability and such is something i need, kinda the reason i started using coatings.

Cosmic sounds like something i might have to still try but maybe not on the daily. Thanks

7. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Good info to know, thanks! I did just find out a little of what you mentioned by watching esoterics video on it.
    Probably not a coincidence…I went to work there a year or so ago Polish angel or gyeon?

Enjoy whatever you end up going with!

9. Likes opie, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Probably not a coincidence…I went to work there a year or so ago Polish angel or gyeon?

Enjoy whatever you end up going with!

Lol right on! Will doo

11. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    Well I will chime in here 'cause I think I have something to offer on this. I really think there are some PA products that are very good. I have tried quite a few of their line up. I think the Cosmic V2 with the Cosmic spritz for maint. is my #1 combo. It is not a typical coating like CP UK 3.0 or SiC ( which i like also ). Their high gloss is great but doesnt last long enough for me. Rapidwax is just OK. The black bond & driver were not good products at all for me. The viking series was a 100% worthless waste of $$ & it was pricey-- DO NOT buy this.. One of the big attractions for the PA line is ease of application & removal-- I have yet to find anything that compares to the ease of use-- if someone out there knows of something equivalent I am all ears.
    I like using Hydro 2 on my wheels and roof of my pickup-- I just ran out so I am looking into the GYEON equivelant-- I know they have one, just dont know what its called. Anyone?
    What was the dislike with Viking? I already have it so too late now but might change how I go about using it with some insider info.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I would go true coating and if you like the pure go with it.

The Cosmic spray coat is an amazing product and if you can apply monthly I think would be a great way to go. Skip the invincible primer.

Ultimately do Pure and top with Cosmic and it will be an absolute joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    What was the dislike with Viking? I already have it so too late now but might change how I go about using it with some insider info.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    Yes
    Was totally worthless-- what little protection there was lasted about a month
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast