autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Current Favorite Soap/Shampoo

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I tried CarPro Reset about a week ago and was a bit disappointed with how it rinsed off. I'm protected with Optimum Spray Wax. Do you think the lingering is due to it not being coated? I've never heard complaints about rinsing with Reset.
    How much soap did you use in how much water. I have used a lot of Reset and always found it to rinse away super easy.
    Jim

2. Likes DFB, CleanIT, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I tried CarPro Reset about a week ago and was a bit disappointed with how it rinsed off. I'm protected with Optimum Spray Wax. Do you think the lingering is due to it not being coated? I've never heard complaints about rinsing with Reset.
    Reset is pretty strong. I wonder if it was reacting to the spray wax in ways we wouldn't see on a coated car.

I too had no issues when I used Reset, but it was on coated car. I've never tried it on one that wasn't.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Likes CleanIT, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive used more Gold Class than anything else. Just a solid performer and I love the smell. Doesn't foam great.

Tried Gloss Shop Ultra Body wash, is okay. Nothing fantastic.

Koch GSF is a good foamer, pretty good scent, but I don't quite get the hype.

CarPro Reset smells like perfumed dirty underwear, but cleans well. I'll keep it around.

Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo makes me feel like a fancy person, but like, why is it expensive? Doesn't foam great. Smells pretty good.

Griots Foaming Surface Prep is probably my fave, but its a strong strip wash.

I just ordered Sonus soap and the Ultima car soap- really hoping I like those scents.

Edit-
    Maybe I should try Griots Foaming Surface Wash? wonder how that smells...

6. Likes dgage, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I cycle through about 13 different soaps, some are clear leaders, some are just good all-rounders.

Carpro Reset and Koch GSF are my favorites, when required, I love using Carpro Lift and Descale.

Optimum Car Wash was a soap I bought recently as an afterthought but ended surprising me with its user experience. It doesn't product the ultra-thick foam of GSF, but its runnier consistency seems to cling to the paint really well. It's also nicely slick and smells lovely. I like this soap better than I expected.

Another impulse buy but a product I have fallen in love with is Shine Supply Shift. This foams in a similar fashion to Optimum Car Wash, with similar long dwell period and clean rinsing. The scent is not unlike the new P&S Absolute, just stronger as you tend to use more of it when foaming. I really, really like this soap!

There are always hits and misses when trying new products. One that didn't wow me was Gtechniq G-Wash. It's an ok product, but just didn't wow me. Its scent is ok, its slickness is ok, the foam is ok................you get the point.

I also did not like Stjarnagloss Sno. It foams as it should, but it just didn't feel that nice to use, strangely grabby when used as a contact wash. It also stained the pickup tube of my foam cannon.

8. Likes bbmach, noorth, dgage, CleanIT liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

In Canada you can get Optimum Car Wash for a bargain compared to Reset. I always wanted to try it but since started using rinseless washes. Foam and traditional wash when super dirty and warmer temperatures.

I have labocosmetica's alkaline pre-wash and acidic shampoo, very nice stuff. Great smelling products and very nice packaging. I haven't tried the neutral shampoo yet 1:800-1000 recommended dilution ratio, i have a full bottle of Reset.

I might pick up Optimum Car Wash one these days! I've been itching to try a spray polish as well lol

Post Thanks / Like

I could alternate between Optimum Car Wash, Reset, Feynlab, Hyperwash and be happy. All of them are great. The worst soap I ever used, surprisingly, was Gyeon Bathe Essence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    The worst soap I ever used, surprisingly, was Gyeon Bathe Essence.
    Why? Isn't it just a hyper concentrated version of Bathe without the scent?

I have Bathe (almost done with it). Its a great soap and I enjoy using it. But since its not an economical choice for me I probably won't get it again for that sole reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    Ultima car soap- really hoping I like those scents.
    If I remember correctly it smells like the old Dial hand soap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    The worst soap I ever used, surprisingly, was Gyeon Bathe Essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    Why? Isn't it just a hyper concentrated version of Bathe without the scent?

I have Bathe (almost done with it). Its a great soap and I enjoy using it. But since its not an economical choice for me I probably won't get it again for that sole reason.

I agree with CleanIT.

Gyeon Bathe Essence was not a great user experience for me. While I have and used
    Bathe+ as well as Reset which is similar Bathe; both of which are fine. But Bathe Essence while hyper concentrated was to thick and a pain to work with. I am fairly certain the hyper concentrate could be done without making it so thick. that would solve the issue for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    How much soap did you use in how much water. I have used a lot of Reset and always found it to rinse away super easy.
    I put roughly 100ml and filled to 750ml. Too much?

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast