autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Brand Top to Bottom

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    they don't overmarket themselves and push a million products out there.
    This is huge to me. I shy away from companies that use flashy, busy labels but I especially don't like brands that sell multiple products that do the same exact thing(CG is the biggest offender here, I feel). Optimum doesn't fall into either of those two categories. Being made in the USA is an added bonus!

I'm looking forward to trying their shampoo but that may be awhile down the road as I have plenty of D110 left. I plan to start ordering more products in the gallon size, hopefully the concentrate Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer is available in a gallon size soon.

Side note: Been using OPC at 1:10 out of a Kwazar 2L foamer for my wheels and tires and loving it. Perfect for washes in between Sonax uses. I've been trying to cut down on Sonax use to get longer out of the bottle. Their wheel cleaners aren't the cheapest and on a well maintained vehicle not needed for every single wash. The OPC keeps up with the wheels quite well on it's own.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

2. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    I find myself going more and more Optimum with things. Used to have mostly Carpro but since getting away from coatings I no longer have a need for them. I will always have Reset around though. While having one uniform brand around would probably please ones organizational OCD, it isn't realistic.

Lets say in some far away galaxy one could get away with a single manufacture, it would probably be Megs.....
    Same here.

They're the easiest for me to use. The only thing non Opti that I use regularly are the 3D abrasives, Rupes Polishers, Buff and Shine pads, and a modest selection of Carpro products - which may not be re-ordered. Not because they're not great, but because the Optimum is SO much easier for me to use and maintain.

I will always have Megs around because they were my first! I'm a sentimental type in that regard.

Uniformity doesn't really interest me as much as performance and compatibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro if you are addicted to detailing ..for the average weekend detailer I think Megs….
    Glen -

5. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm not a pro, and haven't near the experience of some here, but i've tried some different products

for correcting Wolfgang Uber, TSR, and FG were all super easy for me to use with amazing results, i've used them a lot, I know what they can do
    as for an LSP, Polish Angel's Primer, Cosmic V2, and High Gloss combo is pretty hard to beat

if i had to, had to, had to pick just one company for everything, it would be Wolfgang....they have great clay and lube, effective washes and preps, as well as some solid options for LSPs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Carpro if you are addicted to detailing ..for the average weekend detailer I think Megs….

8. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage.

If everyone doesn't start agreeing with me, then I'm taking my ball and going home.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Likes Bosko, Coatingsarecrack, MoBenzOwner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Griot's Garage.

If everyone doesn't start agreeing with me, then I'm taking my ball and going home.........
    They're working on a true coating.

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've tried many brands and I still want to try many more out there but I m always finding myself with products on my shelf that are not even half use . I almost feel like giving them away to justify getting new products.

Having said that , I feel like I m always coming back for CAR PRO , they have a wide variety of products for different purposes , the quality is up there , the prices are in the mid range , their products are carry by most detailing shops around my area, tons of review online . But most importantly they almost never disappoint ( except for spotless ) .

I also like optimum products , but I do not think they have as much variety as car pro and that is the problem for me.

I m currently using reset and ech2o as a drying aid , awesome combo on my black car, havent had any issues with streaking. I actually had tried ONR before but ECH2O leaves a nicer finish with no streaking .

For towels , TRC seems to be my go to for most of my towels except for drying where I prefer microfiber madness , griots or autofiber

Post Thanks / Like

P&S is catching up…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I may try some 3D products. In particular, the 3D Yellow Degreaser for wheels and Pre-Soak for body during winter. I recently came across two videos of their glass bottle coating. Looked a lot better than it did in Sandro's video. It was going very strong at 22 months.

17. Likes chilly, opie liked this post
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast