autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Posted this in the Griots ceramic All-in-1 thread yesterday.

Picked up a bottle from local Autozone.
    Of course I couldn't wait to do a proper detail.
    2018 Ford Edge, quick wipe of rinseless on the hood, clay bar(which came out quite clean) and hit it.

I've never used an A-in-1 so I have nothing to compare, but application and wipe off seemed similar to Meguiars UP.

GG6 with LC white pad.
    Honestly, the paint was in very good condition from previous owner (unlike my Golf R), so I can't really comment on correction ability. When I get time, I'll do the rest of the vehicle, but in the meantime, here's a reflection shot.

2. Likes Big Dave, chilly, SWETM, Craig Encinitas, DFB and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post

CarPro Essence polished
    CarPro SiC coated

I think one coating is what I’ll stick with in the future. I got some ghosting spots after applying the second coat. Had to spot apply more SiC and quickly buff to clear up the finish. Not fun.

Car is brand new. Made the job a bit easier.
    Bought yourself a future collectors item, huhWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? How is it and congrats on the new rideWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So after days of driving in the rain and yesterday sitting in the snow I just had to do somethingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I decided to do a Feynlab RW w/the grout sponge, 3.5 oz in 3.5 gallons of water, 2BM method. I pre-treated the sh!t out of every panel too and as you can see in the orange bucket, it cleaned VERY well (that was before I did the tires and wheelsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?)

I then went over the entire car with a mix Scott from DPC used to sell, basically his spray wax, waterless wash and distilled water. It left the paint super slick, even used it on the wheel faces and spokes too, along with door jams and those massive exhaust tips.

Next I dressed the tires w/ Auto-Fanatic Hole Shot tire dressing, a light coat because the Adam's VRT was holding up pretty well. Moving along I finished up my small bottle of CarPro Clarify on the inside AND outside windows. Lastly I vac'd out the mats and wiped down high traffic areas w/TWHS Interior Detailer.

Then I took the EN down the freeway for a little blast, turned around and got gas at Shell ($5.26 but it's coming down) On the way home I stopped at Auto Zone for some washer fluid and coming out I saw that 72 Cutlass...GREENWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? I like what he did by adding the glass hood from a 4-4-2, those larger Magnum 500 style rims, fat tires and blackened out grill and headlight surrounds too, well done!

I can't wait for it to warm up so I can go to town on my car, inside and out. I've got a Colourlock Alcantera cleaner/protectant kit coming (thanks for the nudge on that brand Guz).

Can't wait to see everyone's spring detail soonWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

6. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Mrs. RivFan walked in on me detailing a birthday surprise I was working on for her. Luckily, I pretty much had it all dialed in What did you do today, in regards to detailing?.

2016 E 400 Cabriolet. Happy Birthday What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

8. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes MisterSnoop, Uncbrs, Big Dave, SNP209, SWETM and 6 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Mrs. RivFan walked in on me detailing a birthday surprise I was working on for her. Luckily, I pretty much had it all dialed in What did you do today, in regards to detailing?.

Does Mrs. Riv have her own RivWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Does Mrs. Riv have her own RivWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Nope, Buick LaCrosse is her daily driver What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

11. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the wife doesn't complain about my expensive habit, I share the benefits.

Used:
    Brake buster
    Auto Fanatic tire shine
    BH Touch-less
    CarPro Reset
    Griot's 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax

It previously had C2V3 on it so the Ceramic Wax is more of a topper I suppose. It lives in the garage but is being driven a lot more lately so it will be a better durability tester.

I finish up and check my phone...Polish Angel was so kind as to let me know they're having a sale. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

13. Likes chilly, Big Dave, SWETM, DFB, BadgerRivFan and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Tried out mystic bubble on wheels yeaterday…. Really liking it…. Coated tires (2 coats) with TW GTS…. Rained today…. Not to hopeful on durability.

Front Michelin’s seem to absorb it all. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes DETAILROOKIE, chilly, Big Dave, SWETM, dgage and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I still have a couple of those grout sponges from Lowe's somewhere, still in the clear wrapper

I must have bought them 15 years ago when they were all the rage

I never could bring myself to try them or any other sponge

17. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Foamed car down via foam cannon with hyper wash used 2 oz of hyper wash filled the rest of the container with warm water.

Then gave it a MMM (multiple mitt method) contact wash with 1 oz of hyper wash and 3 gallons of water.

Dried with the ego 765 (this thing is a BEAST!) and wiped the car down with what I refer to as "boost juice" which is .5 oz uber sio2 concentrate 1 oz meg's hcd and 30 oz water.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

19. Likes chilly, SWETM, Big Dave, Uncbrs, DFB and 6 others liked this post
Page 795 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 295695745785786787788789790791792793794795796797798799800801802803804805845895 ... LastLast