autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    With a to small of the orifice the PW produce a higher psi than it can handle. For an example I have 240V electric outlets here in Sweden as standard. So my Kärcher K7 PW is rated at 2600psi and 2.6gpm if I remember correctly with the bar and L/Minutes converted. So I tried an orifice 1.1mm in the foamcannon and it started to pulsing it out on and off on and off. I can go up to 1.3mm orifice also but it draws a little more chemichal then. But it wont go over the highest psi it can handle but more than it does with the original PW lance on it gives. The same with if you just buy any quick release nozzle to a PW. The first ones I bought the PW pulsing. The second set they where to large so the psi where quite low for me. So I order one where you chosed the nozzle size of the specs of your PW and the 40 angle. It where perfect for my PW and a huge difference with the second nozzles I bought. So you really don't know what the nozzle sizes that comes with your quick release nozzles. Looking for ones that has the specs for just your PW can be a thing to be doing. As it can save your PW from going on a higher psi than it should and break earlier this way. Or you get nozzle sizes that are to big and the effectiveness don't get as high as it could be. It's a science with the right sizes of orifice and nozzle. I think you can see a lot of these 2 charts on MTM website if I remember correctly. It's a chart with psi that you want and then follow it out to the gpm your PW gives you. And there you see the size to get you there.

Skickat från min SM-T736B via Tapatalk
    There’s a company here in the USA that has a chart to figure out the correct nozzle for whatever performance you want

The chart is based on your machines flow on one axis and it’s pressure on the other and where the two axis meet for the performance you want, that’s the orifice size of nozzle you buy

The only thing wrong is that the published/claimed specs on machines in the USA are almost always horribly inaccurate

I asked the company if their charts were based on actual measured performance or advertised specs

That was the one question I asked that they wouldn’t commit to

I have been threatening to buy an in-line gauge but it really doesn’t matter in my case because the overall performance of the machine in pressure washing and foam production is actually quite good

It’s just the hesitation that drives me bonkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

So got some products in yesterday.

Bilt Hamber Auto-Wheel and Touch-less and Air Con Bomb
    Autodude Cold Degreaser
    Sonax Max Effect Wheel Cleaner as the BH Auto-Wheel is new to me so will see if it's on par or better than Sonax. Which is the strongest bleeding wheel cleaner I have used so far. Sonax Bug &Tar sponge.
    Gyeon Tire I have wanted to test out but never did LOL.
    Valet Pro dilute bottles with Canyon Sprayer head that these comes with. And a detail brush.

Some new products for me but have been heard great of them.

Post Thanks / Like

At $1.82 I figured I couldn't go wrong

5. Likes chilly, Big Dave, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    At $1.82 I figured I couldn't go wrong

What sucks is when that turns out to be the best $1.82 you ever spent and you go back to stock up and it’s gone

Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes Bosko, Big Dave, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They only had one bottle left.....hell if the bottle turns out to be decent, that alone is worth $1.82...lol

9. Likes chilly, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some new thin applicator pads and scrubbing sponges to try out.

11. Likes Bosko, chilly, Big Dave, dgage, DFB and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    I'm going to try out the 1.1mm this weekend just for $#!t$ and giggles and compare the quality of the foam.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Just an update, I used the 1.1mm orifice in the cannon a couple days ago on my mom's car and it worked great. No pulsating from the pw at all and the circuit breaker wasn't tripped, which is a good sign. Foamed very well nice and thick. Used the 1.25mm today to compare the quality of foam and it's a toss up between the two when it comes to the active pw. They both produced rich thick foam in the griot's brilliant finish foam cannon. My best advice is to try out both and see what works best for you. It's funny because when you input the specs of the active pw into MTM's calculator it actually recommends a 1.1mm orifice, I think that is due to the advertised lower pressure rating since their formula uses psi as one of the factors. Personally, I will be sticking with the 1.25mm orifice when using the active pw since there wasn't any performance benefits I noticed when I stepped down to the 1.1mm. But as always, YMMV!

13. Thanks minerigger thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe one day I'll get to use it....LOL

15. Likes chilly, MisterSnoop, SNP209, PaulMys, dgage and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    With a to small of the orifice the PW produce a higher psi than it can handle. For an example I have 240V electric outlets here in Sweden as standard. So my Kärcher K7 PW is rated at 2600psi and 2.6gpm if I remember correctly with the bar and L/Minutes converted. So I tried an orifice 1.1mm in the foamcannon and it started to pulsing it out on and off on and off. I can go up to 1.3mm orifice also but it draws a little more chemichal then. But it wont go over the highest psi it can handle but more than it does with the original PW lance on it gives. The same with if you just buy any quick release nozzle to a PW. The first ones I bought the PW pulsing. The second set they where to large so the psi where quite low for me. So I order one where you chosed the nozzle size of the specs of your PW and the 40 angle. It where perfect for my PW and a huge difference with the second nozzles I bought. So you really don't know what the nozzle sizes that comes with your quick release nozzles. Looking for ones that has the specs for just your PW can be a thing to be doing. As it can save your PW from going on a higher psi than it should and break earlier this way. Or you get nozzle sizes that are to big and the effectiveness don't get as high as it could be. It's a science with the right sizes of orifice and nozzle. I think you can see a lot of these 2 charts on MTM website if I remember correctly. It's a chart with psi that you want and then follow it out to the gpm your PW gives you. And there you see the size to get you there.

TONY!!!

Where have you been, bud?? We've missed you!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

17. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    TONY!!!

Where have you been, bud?? We've missed you!!
    Hello Paul

Have had some health issueses and been off most social media. But have been slowly coming back. I'm not out of it yet but it looks way better. And the detailing interest has coming back as well. Have only been able to wash the cars every other 3 months. Did one polishing on a family car last year when they bought a newer car. Otherwise it's just been when I could be doing some washing.

Fun to be back and see what everyone is doing Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Thanks

19. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes DFB, BudgetPlan1, Jayfro liked this post
Page 846 of 938 FirstFirst ... 346746796836837838839840841842843844845846847848849850851852853854855856896 ... LastLast