autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what is the best finishing polish "hands down" in your opinion???

Quote Originally Posted by dieselfan1 View Post
    I just found this thread after starting a thread asking the same. what is the best finishing polish "hands down" in your opinion???
    After reading a few pages I'm what is the best finishing polish "hands down" in your opinion???#what is the best finishing polish "hands down" in your opinion???
    I got to read more of the recent post and decide so I can get it ordered
    You can ask and read until you are blue in the face...there is no right answer...to many variables on paint types and hardness

2. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    You can ask and read until you are blue in the face...there is no right answer...to many variables on paint types and hardness
    You are correct sir.
    What's for dinner?what is the best finishing polish "hands down" in your opinion???

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

4. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I would love to see 3D come out with a polish that has the same abilities as Speed, cut, ease of removal, etc without the protection element for those times I want to follow with something other than a wax/sealant

That might well be AAT 502, I just haven’t tried it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can say that at this point the AAT502 is the finishing polish I've reached for most since August of 2020.

Of course the wipe off of Speed is pretty hard to top. But, the AAT502 is close.

I find that if I back off an the amount of polish I use, the easier it is to wipe off. I used to have a hard time with 3D ONE, but it turned out that I was using way too much.

ONE can "stretch" really far too. There are times where all I need to do is brush the pad out, and continue without adding more product. I can do this with most of the 3D polishes. When this happens, wipe off is a breeze.

Clean quality towels helps a lot too.

6. Thanks chilly, opie thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I can say that at this point the AAT502 is the finishing polish I've reached for most since August of 2020.

Of course the wipe off of Speed is pretty hard to top. But, the AAT502 is close.

I find that if I back off an the amount of polish I use, the easier it is to wipe off. I used to have a hard time with 3D ONE, but it turned out that I was using way too much.

ONE can "stretch" really far too. There are times where all I need to do is brush the pad out, and continue without adding more product. I can do this with most of the 3D polishes. When this happens, wipe off is a breeze.

I agree on your method for 3D One, once I get past my initial 3-4 dots, I rarely add more than 1 dot after each pass and cleanout, a little goes a long way

Luckily I don't ever remember struggling to wipe off One

It seems like an 8oz bottle of AAT502 is in my future as well

Then I can shove my SPF to the back of the shelf

Thanks

8. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously! AAT502 has a super nice wipeoff?! I wish i know that before. The next finishing polish i buy will be AAT502. I've had a few terrible experiences with ACA 520. User error maybe however.

Thanks for the information, i'm always keen to read your posts. I seen a number of comments now from you on youtube.

Edit: I seen on the 3D site that they call AAT 502 their "entry level" finishing polish. Interesting choice of words. I think i remember that it costs more for them to make the ACA line, but i could be mistaken. I will sacrifice a few points on the gloss meter for a nice user experience anyday. Assuming that's what they mean...it might be that ACA works faster too, i don't really know. I always wanted to love 3D one lol It just doesn't dust for me, the bottle/dispenser is excellent(16oz) and it has a pleasant smell. And i don't have to worrying about breaking it down. In some of the tests i done - purposely putting defects in a few junk panels, not many. It always cut better then sonax perfect finish and i could see no difference in the finish using the same pad and process.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Seriously! AAT502 has a super nice wipeoff?! I wish i know that before. The next finishing polish i buy will be AAT502. I've had a few terrible experiences with ACA 520. User error maybe however.

Thanks for the information, i'm always keen to read your posts. I seen a number of comments now from you on youtube.

Edit: I seen on the 3D site that they call AAT 502 their "entry level" finishing polish. Interesting choice of words. I think i remember that it costs more for them to make the ACA line, but i could be mistaken. I will sacrifice a few points on the gloss meter for a nice user experience anyday. Assuming that's what they mean...it might be that ACA works faster too, i don't really know. I always wanted to love 3D one lol It just doesn't dust for me, the bottle/dispenser is excellent(16oz) and it has a pleasant smell. And i don't have to worrying about breaking it down. In some of the tests i done - purposely putting defects in a few junk panels, not many. It always cut better then sonax perfect finish and i could see no difference in the finish using the same pad and process.
    Thank you!

Compared to ONE and ACA520, AAT502 is way easier to remove.

I tried ACA520 again last week, and no matter how I use it, it still fights wipe off. I also need more seat time with it though. I've used ONE and 502 considerably more.

I also ran into a situation where ACA520 left a marred finish on soft paint. I was using a white B&S Uro-Tec on my Duetto. I had to use something else to finish, and I believe it was AAT502 on yellow Uro-Tec pads. It was either that or the medium from Menzerna or Jescar. I've purged a TON of polish lines from my shelves. (I really loved that Jescar, but it was so so old school in terms of user experience, like the latest Rupes stuff that I purged them). It just got to be too much "chasing a shine".

3D positions the ACA520 as a more "premium" product, but none of that matters when pad meets the paint. Simply, AAT502 is a finer cut polish. I've had it struggle to remove da haze, it finishes down on paints that usually benefitted from a fine diminishing polish like Menzerna SF4000, or Jescar Micro Polish. Whatever they're doing with 502 is giving it the nod for final polishing for me. As per Apex, 502 delivered higher gloss readings than 520 did. Perfect Finish beat 502, but for me it's not worth the dusting. Wipe off with PF is a joy though. You could almost breath on it, and it will come off.

Conversely I've seen ACA520 rival 3D ONE in terms of overall cut. It's like "3D ONE Jr", but a little harder to wipe off.

11. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3D positions the ACA520 as a more "premium" product, but none of that matters when pad meets the paint. Simply, AAT502 is a finer cut polish.
    How would you rate aat502 to menzerna products...(namley 3500)

Im trying to see if i have the need to switch from menzerna 3500 to a 3d polish or just keep on truckin with menzerna.

You do this work way more often than i do, and seem to have great insight on paint correction. So i respect your opinions

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    How would you rate aat502 to menzerna products...(namley 3500)

Im trying to see if i have the need to switch from menzerna 3500 to a 3d polish or just keep on truckin with menzerna.

You do this work way more often than i do, and seem to have great insight on paint correction. So i respect your opinions

Good question!

What we have there is my old go-to final polish (Menzerna 4000/3500) vs my new go-to polish (AAT502).

Thus far I'm getting the finish I want from the 502, but no dust. No staining of trim, and a more "complete" wipe off. At this point I would say they're comparable finish wise, even on those problematic soft cclears.I'll probably always keep my Menzerna around.

I'd say that if you're happy with 3500, you not likely experience any benefit by picking up 502, conversely you wouldn't likely experience any negative gloss / finish wise from using 502 either.

That's probably why I settled on 502, because I like 3500 so much!

14. Likes opie, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question!

What we have there is my old go-to final polish (Menzerna 4000/3500) vs my new go-to polish (AAT502).

Thus far I'm getting the finish I want from the 502, but no dust. No staining of trim, and a more "complete" wipe off. At this point I would say they're comparable finish wise, even on those problematic soft cclears.I'll probably always keep my Menzerna around.

I'd say that if you're happy with 3500, you not likely experience any benefit by picking up 502, conversely you wouldn't likely experience any negative gloss / finish wise from using 502 either.

That's probably why I settled on 502, because I like 3500 so much!
    I am very happy with 3500. I feel confident im going to get the finish i want everytime i reach for it.

Very well said...thanks!

16. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I am very happy with 3500. I feel confident im going to get the finish i want everytime i reach for it.

Very well said...thanks!

My pleasure.

And I will always probably have Menzerna in the arsenal because I enjoy using it still. 400, 2500, and 3500 are always high performers.

18. Thanks opie thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, opie liked this post
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast