autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 317172737475767778798081828384858687 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most regretted detailing product purchase

Mine would have to be a mini rotary. I bought it to buy the extension piece with all the little backing plates. I'm not chasing perfection anymore. And when i used it on my paint rims is left the famous buffing trails. I really have no use for it. I have yet to use it to spin dry pads. Esoteric car care mentioned it in one of their youtube videos. I can just let them air dry.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont have one product that I really regret buying but I have a few that I probably wouldnt buy again. In no particular order

1 - The last coat black ice. I have mix feelings about this one , I actually liked working with this product and I like the gloss. I cant speak much for durability because I kept applying sealants on top of it. My biggest beef with this product is that it is marketed as a ceramic coating and they say on their website that the application towels must be thrown out. I even used a suede applicator for the product and it never hardened after a week. So I havent use this product again because I REFUSED to throw away my towels but at the sametime I m afraid to reuse the towel. Stupid me right? ... I still have half the bottle sitting on my shelf, on the other hand the last coat 2 and the last coat amp bottles ( much biggger bottles) are almost done . Black ice is the more expensive of the products but I just refuse to discard my towels

Turtle wax ceramic spray - Another good product , but it hasnt really standout from all the sealants that I have, slowly using it here and there

collinite 845 - Hard to use , never really like the results , for all the work the results are dissapointed

turtle paste wax 75 anniversary - very excited for this product, easy to apply, water behaviour is probably the best I have seen compared to any other product that I ve used. My only complaint is that it does not have that gloss factor. I still have so much left , I may give it a try over my current ceramic lite coating before I apply another coating. I do not know how long it lasts, it was applied on my dads car, but the water behaviour on this one is something else , at least within the first week. I wouldnt buy it again based on looks , its meh .

Compounds - I bought 3 aggresive different compounds , thinking I was going to do a 3 stage correction like they do on youtube. Then I started thinking that I can not be doing these corrections yearly due to compromising the clear coat . I decided to go with a one step polish . Therefore I m stuck now , should ve just bought a small bottle of aggresive compound for spot correction .

Carpro water spot remover - I bought the 500 ml bottle together with my brother ( so 2 bottles) , it has never worked for me , my brother says it worked for him . At the end of the day my brother was right , we should ve splitted the 500ml bottle in 2 and save some money instead of buying 2 500 ml bottles. It just sits on my shelf now , I had better luck with car pro essence or eraser to remove water spot, I do not even get water spots in my car which is the worst

meguiers microfiber correction pads - They suck for me , it feels like they are damaging the paint , they get dirty fast , hard to wash . I bought 2, used them twice . If I want to use a microfiber pad , I use my uro pads which have giving me better results. I still rather use a foam pad but whenever my foam pad is not correcting, uro pads come to the rescue.

3d polishing - I bought the big bottle , will never use it all. I find its not user friendly to work with , removing is such a #####. Although last time it was used on my audi, it performed better . It did correct the paint and it worked fine with uro pads. I m not a fan , I still take meguiers ultimate compound over this one , even ultimate polish , specially if I m going to go over with car pro essence. Not the worst product but for the mone I paid for it and the expectations I had , this was not a good purchased for me

Thats about it for now . I ll probably go to my garage and find something else. Lastly , I could mention that I have giving away a lot of my sealants and polisher that I never used over the years. I always like trying something new and I m learning to buy less or smaller quantities . I m also learning to do my research before buying a product as well as trying to use what I have on the shelf now

3. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Mine would have to be a mini rotary. I bought it to buy the extension piece with all the little backing plates. I'm not chasing perfection anymore. And when i used it on my paint rims is left the famous buffing trails. I really have no use for it. I have yet to use it to spin dry pads. Esoteric car care mentioned it in one of their youtube videos. I can just let them air dry.
    I just seen this. I've since started to use my mini rotary, it has uses for sure for tight places. But if your not chasing perfection its unnecessary.

But probably the worst chemical product i ever bought was turtlewax maxpower. It doesn't hold a candle to carpro's reset.

5. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallon of Shine Supply Clutch. Not that I don’t like it because it’s great and only inexpensive spray sio2 sealant that would give Griots 3-1 a run for it’s money.

I just like to try other things and will never get through the half gallon I have left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

McKees Tradmark extender spray wax. It’s a synthetic wax that will streak anything you put it on. And the added benefit of horrible hydrophobics.

I have a half gallon left that I will never get through.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I love my Collinite products, their 520 QD spray just plain sucked.

When I buy something like this that I do not like on my vehicles, I use it up on my lawn equipment. (My riding mower has about 35 coats of the 520).
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Likes opie, dgage, BudgetPlan1, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    McKees Tradmark extender spray wax. It’s a synthetic wax that will streak anything you put it on. And the added benefit of horrible hydrophobics.

I have a half gallon left that I will never get through.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Lol!

I purchased a 16 oz bottle of this crap which cannot and will not ever be finished.

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline

11. Likes Ochnob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I started doing some paid details for extra cash during the peak of the pandemic, I bought a gallon of Meguiar's D180 Leather Cleaner and Conditioner.

I should have bought a smaller bottle to sample prior to ordering a gallon. I hate this stuff. Despite what it says on the bottle, D180 leaves a shiny and greasy looking finish and an unpleasant fragrance. Clean leather should be soft with a matte look not glossy looking and squeaky to sit on. I actually tried it again after almost 12 months the other day, and yes, I still hate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Though I like several products out of the PA line such as all of the cosmic products , high gloss and a few others.
    I was HIGHLY dissapointed in several others like the viking series products, black bond and driver

PA makes some great stuff but also some really poor stuff esp. for the money

14. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had bad luck with Duragloss Swirl Remover I think it's 671. It's basically a cleaner wax with a super durable sealant. It was like trying to remove a coating that sat too long before leveling. I had to polish it off and seal with something else. That eight dollar bottle cost me a lot of money that day.

The new Rupes DA polishes and wool pads. The polishes seem like antiquated formulations. I would have imagined that they would be more "cutting edge" in terms of feel, finish, and dusting. The compound I found especially dusty. I really prefer their original polishes and pad series. The wool pads..... I'm not into them. The blue one is usable, but the yellow fibers are too long and break down pretty quickly. The initial feel of those pads isn't my cup of tea either. The blue wool bucks like a Bronco, and the yellow feels like it isn't even touching the paint. It's "billowy", and "float-y" feeling. Microfiber just cuts and finishes so much better for me. I wish I hadn't purchased the 1000ml bottles.

16. Thanks luckydawg thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 317172737475767778798081828384858687 LastLast