autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inside Griot's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    I agree, and feel the same way about the word ceramic.

Every tom, dick and harry seem to put that word on a bottle. Obviously to entice folks to buy it. And im sure folks that are not like us..dont know the difference, and think its good stuff.

In the end there are quality products out there that are far superior to those that just use the buzz word and put just enough of said product in it to be able to market the bottle under that catagory.

I personaly find it so annoying and it completly turns me away. Granted im only one customer.

Another thing is...most quality names are only availible from online, which turns most average everyday customers away...because they cant go to wally world or autoparts store and buy a product that we may reccomend to them.

I also would love to be able to go to a brick and mortar store and purchase all the quality products that i have on my shelf.

To get back to the topic, ive never even tried a graphine product lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    ^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

I am always way behind the curve with new tech because I am inherently skeptical of new claims

Heck, I tried a "ceramic" product for the first time just 8 months ago and just ordered GG 3 in 1 this week for the first time

Like Opie I see Ceramic and I am still skeptical despite the fact we have moved beyond that to graphene

Ceramic leather treatment?

Ceramic glass cleaner?

Really?

Might be the best thing since sliced bread but just the concept of that rings as phony in my ears

If I am totally off base here then I am not alone

YMMV and apologies in advanced for stepped on toes

2. Likes opie, CleanIT, Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm one who does try new things in the auto detailing world and I for one am glad I'm not exclusively using "hand rubbed caranuba" anymore, even modern tech has been infused into nubaInside Griot's Garage

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes opie, chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    ^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

I am always way behind the curve with new tech because I am inherently skeptical of new claims

Heck, I tried a "ceramic" product for the first time just 8 months ago and just ordered GG 3 in 1 this week for the first time

Like Opie I see Ceramic and I am still skeptical despite the fact we have moved beyond that to graphene

Ceramic leather treatment?

Ceramic glass cleaner?

Really?

Might be the best thing since sliced bread but just the concept of that rings as phony in my ears

If I am totally off base here then I am not alone

YMMV and apologies in advanced for stepped on toes
    So true! Idk if i believe the ceramic leather coatings and all that. But hey ive known to be wrong b4

BUT i must say i am a firm believer in ceramic paint coatings. Not the right answer for every scenario but, everything about them makes weekly washes easier. Only downfall is susepitable to water spotting. Although atleast ive never had them etch the clear...so thats good.

And i thank ppl like klasse and so many others out there who try most of the new products that come out so i dont have to haha.

6. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    So true! Idk if i believe the ceramic leather coatings and all that. But hey ive known to be wrong b4

BUT i must say i am a firm believer in ceramic paint coatings. Not the right answer for every scenario but, everything about them makes weekly washes easier. Only downfall is susepitable to water spotting. Although atleast ive never had them etch the clear...so thats good.

And i thank ppl like klasse and so many others out there who try most of the new products that come out so i dont have to haha.

Right again, ceramic coatings are a real thing and have changed the way a lot of people detail and maintain cars

It is developed and mature technology by now and it works, with a few possible side effects as you noted

But like you say, tagging the buzz words onto the end of existing products not remotely related to a paint protection system can get ludicrous

And yeah, sending Klasse in to find the landmines works for me too (sorry Roger)

8. Likes Klasse Act, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'm one who does try new things in the auto detailing world and I for one am glad I'm not exclusively using "hand rubbed caranuba" anymore, even modern tech has been infused into nubaInside Griot's Garage

I am certainly not anti technology or opposed to change and improvement

I loved rubbing P21s carnauba onto the paint on my 2002 TT after hand rubbing it with Klasse and occasionally P21s Paintwork Cleanser

At the time that was high tech and cutting edge, and in many cases it is still a valid plan if that's what a person wants

Applying a spray ceramic sealant in a 5th of the time it took to wax a car is awesome as well, and as I have found out, has more bang for your product and labor buck and lasts longer to boot

That's an awesome thing about this hobby, to each his own

I don't call anyone out for their choices or beliefs in products, just stating my beliefs and opinions

I bought into so much hype my first couple years seriously detailing and had a space on my shelves in Alaska for failed promises and products that totally didn't live up to their potential

I tossed a lot of stuff but finally decided to leave that crap sitting there as a lesson about letting products mature and be proven rather than jumping blindly on the "NEW BEST" bandwagon

Maybe some other newbie will see what I am saying and save themselves some $$$ and time and headaches

10. Likes Klasse Act, opie, Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Right again, ceramic coatings are a real thing and have changed the way a lot of people detail and maintain cars

It is developed and mature technology by now and it works, with a few possible side effects as you noted

But like you say, tagging the buzz words onto the end of existing products not remotely related to a paint protection system can get ludicrous

And yeah, sending Klasse in to find the landmines works for me too (sorry Roger)

That's what's great about our forum inparticular, there's always people like me who do just thatInside Griot's GarageInside Griot's Garage

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Thanks chilly, opie thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, opie, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone here know what it means when Griot’s says their Complete Polish is “meant” for hand use? What would be different between a polish meant for hand use and one meant for a DA? I actually had pretty good luck with it on my PC 7424xp with a LC orange CCS pad (tried it first with a LC white CCS but it didn’t take out the swirls/towel marring I was after).

Interestingly enough, I did call Griot’s before I bought it. The customer service rep recommended BOSS PC over it and said that BOSS PC has more cut… unfortunately AutoZone doesn’t carry any BOSS creams and it was a random afternoon last week that got up to 50°F and I really wanted to get out in the garage and do something haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

this is right off their website about the product

Post Thanks / Like

Inside Griot's Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    this is right off their website about the product

That talks about Complete Compound. The way they talk it makes it sound like it has diminishing abrasives. I was talking about Complete Polish. I suppose that also has diminishing abrasives, just finer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

lets try again....same thing...

17. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast