autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Current Favorite Soap/Shampoo

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Which 3D soap? I'm looking to see if anyone has tried their 'Super Soap' yet
    Anyone try 3d super soap yet? Looking to make purchase...1oz per 5gal mix ratio

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post

That's an incredible ratio if it has good lubricity. This company, with its recent famous addition, hasn't made much of a splash in the detailing world recently. I mean we all know about 3D Kleen & Speed, but these days you've gotta "get yourself out there", it's tough out here for these companies but WE benefitCurrent Favorite Soap/ShampooCurrent Favorite Soap/Shampoo

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes opie, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    That's an incredible ratio if it has good lubricity. This company, with its recent famous addition, hasn't made much of a splash in the detailing world recently. I mean we all know about 3D Kleen & Speed, but these days you've gotta "get yourself out there", it's tough out here for these companies but WE benefitCurrent Favorite Soap/ShampooCurrent Favorite Soap/Shampoo

I agree. I want to try speed sometime. I also like 3d's bead it up, and their waterless wash, 3d pink and i have towel kleen but haven't tried it yet

Im looking into their nano super pre soak. If im reading them correctly, it would be comparable to a carpro lift? Cheaper too. 3d super presoak says for a foam cannon dilute 1/4 teaspoon per 32oz of water

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I want to try speed sometime. I also like 3d's bead it up, and their waterless wash, 3d pink and i have towel kleen but haven't tried it yet

Im looking into their nano super pre soak. If im reading them correctly, it would be comparable to a carpro lift? Cheaper too. 3d super presoak says for a foam cannon dilute 1/4 teaspoon per 32oz of water

I just went to the auto geek online store and checked out 3-D and did not realize they had so many productsCurrent Favorite Soap/Shampoo

Towel Kleen is a forum favorite you can't go wrong with! This product should be in your collection because it is priced right and just flat out cleans!

I used 3D Speed this past summer on my buddy's Rx-7 and while we didn't think it could look better, it did after a 4 section pass on orange Griot's Garage 5" pad! Picks show after topping it w/ 75th Anniversary graphene and ceramic TWHS wax. The 3 speed brought out the color enough where we just couldn't believe it! I work on this car every other year and it just goes to show you how much the right combo CAN do on an already great finish!

6. Likes PaulMys, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just went to the auto geek online store and checked out 3-D and did not realize they had so many productsCurrent Favorite Soap/Shampoo

Towel Kleen is a forum favorite you can't go wrong with! This product should be in your collection because it is priced right and just flat out cleans!

I used 3D Speed this past summer on my buddy's Rx-7 and while we didn't think it could look better, it did after a 4 section pass on orange Griot's Garage 5" pad! Picks show after topping it w/ 75th Anniversary graphene and ceramic TWHS wax. The 3 speed brought out the color enough where we just couldn't believe it! I work on this car every other year and it just goes to show you how much the right combo CAN do on an already great finish!

Hell yeah! Looks good. I remember seeing your post on that car.

A got some gift card money to spend and my head is spinning lol

I really want to try 3d proxy on non coated vechiles , which i know is in speed so should yield similar outcome.

But im thinkin i may pull the trigger on that 3d super pre soak. Just not certain if it would degrade a coating

Post Thanks / Like

Currently have some Super Soap on the shelf. Good soap, foams well out of the cannon, good lubricity for the bucket wash. It looks kind of brown in the bottle, but comes out pink in the bucket, rinses cleanly. If you like soaps that smell good, this one is not for you. It smells like soap.....the kind of soap you might find in a Motel 6. 3D super soap, in 64oz bottle, comes in at 47.99. If you use 1/2 oz to 5 gallons ratio as 1 wash......you'd get 128 washes for 47.99.....or 0.37/wash. Hyperwash, on the other hand, advertises 1:400 ratio, which is roughly 1.6oz to 5 gallons.....so you'd get 80 washes (gallon bottle) for 30.48....or approximately 0.38/wash. I've found the two to be pretty equal as far as foaming, cleaning power, lubricity and rinseability......but Hyperwash smells better.

If you want to try some Super Soap.....shoot me a PM with ur address and I'll send you some

9. Thanks opie, Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, opie, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hell yeah! Looks good. I remember seeing your post on that car.

A got some gift card money to spend and my head is spinning lol

I really want to try 3d proxy on non coated vechiles , which i know is in speed so should yield similar outcome.

But im thinkin i may pull the trigger on that 3d super pre soak. Just not certain if it would degrade a coating

A quality coating isn't going to be affected by a soap Current Favorite Soap/ShampooCurrent Favorite Soap/ShampooCurrent Favorite Soap/Shampoo

11. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Currently have some Super Soap on the shelf. Good soap, foams well out of the cannon, good lubricity for the bucket wash. It looks kind of brown in the bottle, but comes out pink in the bucket, rinses cleanly. If you like soaps that smell good, this one is not for you. It smells like soap.....the kind of soap you might find in a Motel 6. 3D super soap, in 64oz bottle, comes in at 47.99. If you use 1/2 oz to 5 gallons ratio as 1 wash......you'd get 128 washes for 47.99.....or 0.37/wash. Hyperwash, on the other hand, advertises 1:400 ratio, which is roughly 1.6oz to 5 gallons.....so you'd get 80 washes (gallon bottle) for 30.48....or approximately 0.38/wash. I've found the two to be pretty equal as far as foaming, cleaning power, lubricity and rinseability......but Hyperwash smells better.

If you want to try some Super Soap.....shoot me a PM with ur address and I'll send you some
    I appreciate the offer good sir! but im just going to buy some as im going to place an order anyway

13. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A quality coating isn't going to be affected by a soap Current Favorite Soap/ShampooCurrent Favorite Soap/ShampooCurrent Favorite Soap/Shampoo

Sure there just being overly cautious but Griots doesn’t recommend using surface prep on Coatings (not me… actual coating) due to degradation.

With them not having a coating I doubt they have long term tested….

Lot of back and forth on Bilt Hamber AF degrading or removing waxes or sealant or shortening up life of coating.

I personally didn’t see any affects on CQuK3 that I used BHAF and Mckee’s CPS. It was one for 19 months before car wrecked and i was hitting with the BHAF once a month and the the coating prep soap 2-3 times for decon washes for the last 8-10 months I had it.

I think because I use topper those were taking the brunt of the hot from Alki soaps leaving a fresh coating. ….. acting as like Kamikaze puts it “a sacrificial layer”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes opie, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I think because I use topper those were taking the brunt of the hot from Alki soaps leaving a fresh coating. ….. acting as like Kamikaze puts it “a sacrificial layer”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This was my thought as well. I also thought that coatings were chemically "resistant". So, i would think that if a coating was not topped and it was constantly subjected to chemically being stripped(washed), i would see some sort of degrading of said coating. Current Favorite Soap/Shampoo

17. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast