autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's everyone's thoughts on the Covid-19 situation?

There was talk of a recurring fall vaccine with the ability to ward off various coronavirus and flu variants but I thought that would be further away. Sounds like that’s closer than we think though they seem to be taking a traditional serial approach to the Phase 2 and Phase 3 trials instead of the parallel testing of our current vaccines.

Interesting quote, is that people are either going to all be vaccinated and/or all will have been infected. No way to hide from the variants.

2. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

I don't understand how receiving the shot matters if you are making a delivery. I believe in wearing a quality mask but it shouldn't matter if your just making a delivery. Isn't this the point of getting the shot, you won't get the virus? Why would someone care if you ran in and dropped of your delivery?

This virus is very serious. My dad is in the hospital (not with covid) and they are only allowing one person per day because of covid so I get it. But every day that goes by something is telling me were going about this wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I don’t wear a mask but unlike some that say they don’t work AT ALL, I found an area where they do work.

I was going through a drive thru and the first window I went to, the person collecting cash had a mask and I thought, well, that would protect me some from their emissions. The woman at the window where I picked up my food had the mask under her nose so not as much protection from her but if she spoke, it would reduce the distance with which her breath would carry.

So in that limited case, the cloth masks would result in me getting less emissions (germs) from the employees. However, the masks would not do anything to protect them from the other people in the restaurant where they work in close proximity for hours.

So masks can help some. Are they a panacea; definitely not and were never meant to be.

And I'm really not speaking so much of Covid, just the fact that when people speak, they release and spread a lot of germs. I'm not suggesting by any means that we should wear masks on a daily basis but it sure would cut down on germs spread by individuals speaking to each other in close proximity. It is a little nasty when you think about it that someone else's germs end up in our mouths and vice versa.
    Speaking Spreads Exhaled Droplets - YouTube
    IMO, I believe that is one of the problems that the CDC etc has told people so many varying versions of mask wearing. It helps reduce the virus levels in the air because it helps contain the droplets etc. If they would have just kept to that, mask wearing suggestions would have been a much different animal for people. Even the true N95 masks can easily have leakage around the sides if not tight to the face. Also true for peeps like me with beards lol.

5. Likes CleanIT, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterman View Post
    Hello,

I don't understand how receiving the shot matters if you are making a delivery. I believe in wearing a quality mask but it shouldn't matter if your just making a delivery. Isn't this the point of getting the shot, you won't get the virus? Why would someone care if you ran in and dropped of your delivery?

This virus is very serious. My dad is in the hospital (not with covid) and they are only allowing one person per day because of covid so I get it. But every day that goes by something is telling me were going about this wrong.
    It doesn't matter in actuality, just ment to make some feel powerful, to have control over ppl.

What is a quality mask to you? They are a symbol of control and that is it. Otherwise the world would have been wearing these face diapers everywhere every cold and flu season.

Listen, if masks worked....then why didnt the hospitals hand them out (n95, not cloth or paper ones)to their workers in the beginning?? Instead it was....just wear a surgical paper mask you'll be fine. That is a fact fyi. And dont say its because there was a shortage of them...bs.

And i hope you were being sarcastic about the shot preventing you from getting covid.

The virus is serious.....for some, not all. More worrisome for older folks, overweight folks and those with comorbidities.

Breakthroughs are so normal now that they shouldn't even be called breakthroughs. Its happening more than the powers to be are letting on

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    It doesn't matter in actuality, just ment to make some feel powerful, to have control over ppl.

What is a quality mask to you? They are a symbol of control and that is it. Otherwise the world would have been wearing these face diapers everywhere every cold and flu season.

Listen, if masks worked....then why didnt the hospitals hand them out (n95, not cloth or paper ones)to their workers in the beginning?? Instead it was....just wear a surgical paper mask you'll be fine. That is a fact fyi. And dont say its because there was a shortage of them...bs.

And i hope you were being sarcastic about the shot preventing you from getting covid.

The virus is serious.....for some, not all. More worrisome for older folks, overweight folks and those with comorbidities.

Breakthroughs are so normal now that they shouldn't even be called breakthroughs. Its happening more than the powers to be are letting on

In Asia they wear masks all the time. Studies have shown they reduce the viral load, but are not 100% effective. Flu was non existent last year, likely due to people wearing them. I've been wearing K95, which are good but not as good as 95s.

I have no issue wearing a mask and would prefer NOT to get sick, even if it's only a cold of flu. Has nothing to do with making some feel powerful. Sounds like Alex Jones speak. Maybe for some but not most.

If I can still spread the virus, but reduce that spread by masking up, I'll mask up. I'm also thinking about others when I'm out not just myself.

The fact that it was made a political issue is really pathetic IMO. If wearing a mask for 40 mins in a supermarket is a big deal to you, then don't wear one. Who are the true snowflakes? It blows my mind when I see people crying about wearing a mask for an hour in a store. OH MY GOD YOUR LIFE IS SO TOUGH. LOL Usually coming from the same people telling others to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. They wouldn't last one day in really tough times....

I agree with you the virus is serious for some, not all. Fauci really messed up when he originally said no mask then flipped.

Normalizing Community Mask-Wearing: A Cluster Randomized Trial in Bangladesh | NBER

8. Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    In Asia they wear masks all the time. Studies have shown they reduce the viral load, but are not 100% effective. Flu was non existent last year, likely due to people wearing them. I've been wearing K95, which are good but not as good as 95s.

I have no issue wearing a mask and would prefer NOT to get sick, even if it's only a cold of flu. Has nothing to do with making some feel powerful. Sounds like Alex Jones speak. Maybe for some but not most.

If I can still spread the virus, but reduce that spread by masking up, I'll mask up. I'm also thinking about others when I'm out not just myself.

The fact that it was made a political issue is really pathetic IMO. If wearing a mask for 40 mins in a supermarket is a big deal to you, then don't wear one. Who are the true snowflakes? It blows my mind when I see people crying about wearing a mask for an hour in a store. OH MY GOD YOUR LIFE IS SO TOUGH. LOL Usually coming from the same people telling others to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. They wouldn't last one day in really tough times....

I agree with you the virus is serious for some, not all. Fauci really messed up when he originally said no mask then flipped.

Normalizing Community Mask-Wearing: A Cluster Randomized Trial in Bangladesh | NBER
    Oh shitt, do you live in asia? I always wondered the true reasons they wear them.

Yeah and other studies say otherwise.

If you honestly think that the flu was non existent last year likely due to mask wearing....then i believe you should remove your mask for a minute to let air get to your brain. Lol

Honestly not trying to be rude, just realistic.

If the folks that whine about wearing a mask in a store or anything actually had a backbone....they would just chose to go somewhere else. Its that simple

10. Likes Bosko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the stats you read about that the flu was down 80-90% last flu season due to masks.......this ideology is SCARY stupid from the powers to be.
    It's as though you can't even make that stat up and have a 3 year old fooled.....

anyway....carry on....

BTW.....this just in...

12. Likes opie liked this post
    Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Effect of Mask Use on the Spread of Influenza During a Pandemic

Again I don't know if masks were why flu rates were low last winter, but some studies suggest it was due to masks.

"In conclusion, the population‐wide use of face masks can be a valuable strategy to delay or contain an influenza pandemic, or at least decrease the infection attack rate. We therefore strongly recommend including the use of face masks within pandemic control guidelines."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Oh shitt, do you live in asia? I always wondered the true reasons they wear them.

Yeah and other studies say otherwise.

If you honestly think that the flu was non existent last year likely due to mask wearing....then i believe you should remove your mask for a minute to let air get to your brain. Lol

Honestly not trying to be rude, just realistic.

If the folks that whine about wearing a mask in a store or anything actually had a backbone....they would just chose to go somewhere else. Its that simple

No but some of my friends that are Asian, go back there quite often. If the folks that whine about wearing a mask had a backbone, they'd suck it up and wear one if it's required by that private business. Or leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Researchers test mask using coronavirus - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445 LastLast