autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adding Griots Ceramic 3-in-1 to Griots Ceramic Speed Shine - Boosting Speed Shine?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I've never even thought of using it as a drying aid, CSS yes but not 3 in 1.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    My thoughts too. 3 in 1 is so easy to use, I'm not seeing what you would gain by mixing them. If the 3 in 1 is starting to fade, just apply more. If you're after the short term extra boost after a wash that's the whole purpose CSS was created. I might see mixing up some concoction if we were talking about a hard to use product or a QD with no protective abilities, but 3 in 1 is a super easy spray/wipe application and CSS seems to have some protection already built in.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adding Griots Ceramic 3-in-1 to Griots Ceramic Speed Shine - Boosting Speed Shine?

3-1 every 3-4 months, CSS after maintenance washes in between has worked great for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    I take care of my parents cars, they live in the city and have no room for me storing things there so I just keep a few items there. I was using OptiSeal,Aquawax and now use the 3 n1, works great at 1 mist into a towel per panel and I’ve seen no issues with stacking it at a monthly rate and both cars are going strong at 10 months
    This was what I found as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I find 3-1 a tad grabby to remove and just recently used as a drying aid. Worked great.

I see no problem mixing a little 3-1 with CSS. Exactly what were doing when we mix up a batch of Merlins elixir.

Add 3-4oz 3-1 to CSS and try it as a drying aid. Report back with results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I find 3-1 a tad grabby to remove and just recently used as a drying aid. Worked great.

I see no problem mixing a little 3-1 with CSS. Exactly what were doing when we mix up a batch of Merlins elixir.

Add 3-4oz 3-1 to CSS and try it as a drying aid. Report back with results.

This. I found it to be a bit grabby too and honestly Elixr had me thinking of adding 3-1 to CSS. Maybe its a bit grabby from me over applying it? Not buffing it soon enough?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    This. I found it to be a bit grabby too and honestly Elixr had me thinking of adding 3-1 to CSS. Maybe its a bit grabby from me over applying it? Not buffing it soon enough?
    Over applying with this stuff can be an issue but when I did it on a warmer day (70 degrees). My normal 1.5 sprays per panel wasn’t spreading well and didn’t want to over apply.

Next wash 2 sprays per panel as drying aid and work superbly. Nice gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Ceramic Speed Shine changes the water behavior at all when layering it on top of 3 in 1?

Post Thanks / Like

Not that I’ve noticed; adds slickness and longevity

11. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This stuff has been on the '11 Camaro (1 coat) for a few days now. It wasn't this shiny when it was new...
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied Griots 3 in 1 to the truck in June and then I have been topping it off with Ceramic Speed Shine after each bucket or rinseless wash. This is the result. I brought the truck to my little nephew’s birthday party and I got compliments from all of the dads.
    Both the 3 in 1 and the Ceramic Speed Shine can be streaky especially on dark paint. I have found that a little product goes a long way and the type of towel you use makes a big difference. The Griots plush edgeless are very good for this task.
    Griot's Garage Microfiber Plush Edgeless Towels 6 Pack

I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Jayfro, Texchappy, CleanIT, PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast